MEGAsquirt A place to collectively sort out this megasquirt gizmo

Thoughts on base map for 1.6 EV14 Flow Force Injectors 640cc

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 04:15 PM

Total Cats: -12
Default Thoughts on base map for 1.6 EV14 Flow Force Injectors 640cc

Hi. I know... lots of bad cats.

I read a bunch before this and saw that basically I need to set my idle cells around 65 and plug in the correct numbers for req fuel and dead time.

Question is: what about the rest of the table? I know there is a formula to scale but that seems unlikely to work accurately since the VE #'s on the tails of the distribution vary so wildly from the older injectors. Here is what I have doing some eyeballing and interpolation based on a few maps I've seen with these injectors.

For those looking for the injector info:MS2

If you have a Mazda Miata running a Megasquirt 2 at 3 bar, you would input 1.12ms @ 13.2v with a 0.144ms/v battery voltage correction.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:27 PM
VladiTuned

Total Cats: 3,481

You take whatever table you had before, up the idle and low load/rpm cells to 65, and start there. Assuming everything else is correctly entered in too. There is no "standard" per se.

Why would you zero out that bottom row? Now every time you're at really low load the car is gonna go berserk interpolating between those two rows, fighting enrichment and ego correction. It's dumb
Old 09-19-2017, 05:35 PM

Total Cats: -12

Originally Posted by 18psi
You take whatever table you had before, up the idle and low load/rpm cells to 65, and start there. Assuming everything else is correctly entered in too. There is no "standard" per se.

Why would you zero out that bottom row? Now every time you're at really low load the car is gonna go berserk interpolating between those two rows, fighting enrichment and ego correction. It's dumb
I only see those cells in Decel, feels much better like that when downshifting. I guess I can do it with the afr table more cleanly.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:40 PM
VladiTuned

Total Cats: 3,481

If it works for you then cool I guess, I've tried that before on different Miata's and it made the car really jerky at really light load/light throttle situations. There's really no need to zero out the fuel table unless you don't use fuel overrun cut for whatever reason.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:41 PM
Retired Mech Design Engr

Total Cats: 857

Or fuel cut. That's what it's there for. But until it happens, no need for the discontinuity.