211whp on 6.7psi - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Supercharger Discussion For all you misguided souls.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #41
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,308
Total Cats: 1,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj64 View Post
What about the c30-64?
No experience with it. Oscar never uses it. No real benefit over the C30-74.
emilio700 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #42
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 9,642
Total Cats: 954
Default

I know I sub'd this thread for a reason!

Emilio: Assuming I'm running a stand-alone and bigger injectors, what else is required to go from the no-management C30-74 165whp kit you sell on your site, to something like 200-225whp? Just a pulley, restrictor & re-tune? At what point is an intercooler required with a rotrex?

I've seen the dyno sheet you have posted on your site for the 01 w/-74 base kit, any chance you have one that includes MAP data?

My car is a do-it-all machine right now (DD, AX, HPDE) and I'm wondering what the long term effects on the blower longevity would be from my 15 min one-way twice daily commute. I've read that these units are really picky about there internal oil temp. Any comments?

Thanks!
EO2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #43
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,308
Total Cats: 1,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EO2K View Post
I know I sub'd this thread for a reason!

Emilio: Assuming I'm running a stand-alone and bigger injectors, what else is required to go from the no-management C30-74 165whp kit you sell on your site, to something like 200-225whp? Just a pulley, restrictor & re-tune? At what point is an intercooler required with a rotrex?

I've seen the dyno sheet you have posted on your site for the 01 w/-74 base kit, any chance you have one that includes MAP data?

My car is a do-it-all machine right now (DD, AX, HPDE) and I'm wondering what the long term effects on the blower longevity would be from my 15 min one-way twice daily commute. I've read that these units are really picky about there internal oil temp. Any comments?

Thanks!
Your questions are too generalized for concise answers.
To simplify, figure out an I/C, ECU and take it to a dyno.

No other dynos.
The Rotrex is about as bombproof a blower as you'll find. They're picky about oil temp just like your engine is. IOW, run it it dry and it will blow up eventually.
emilio700 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #44
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 9,642
Total Cats: 954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
Your questions are too generalized for concise answers.
To simplify, figure out an I/C, ECU and take it to a dyno.

No other dynos.
The Rotrex is about as bombproof a blower as you'll find. They're picky about oil temp just like your engine is. IOW, run it it dry and it will blow up eventually.
Thanks Emilio for the response. My 2000 is running a BP5A cam, square-top and an 01 header on a factory ecu. Will the 'SuperCard' be able to hang with that? Wideband will be installed to keep an eye on things regardless. The plan was to go simple with the non-intercooled "165" to start, and move up in the future once I go MS2. Obviously a restrictor change will be in order, but no change in pulley? Damn the rotrex is cool, I spent WAY too much time reading about roots systems.

Also, thanks for answering sc q's for n00bs on a turbo forum. I'll probably give you a call next week to place an order.
EO2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #45
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,308
Total Cats: 1,326
Default Supercard = stock engine

I keep getting asked this same question so I'll try to make it clear as possible here:

The Supercard that comes with the Kraftwerks base kits only works with 100% stock engines (zero modifications). Modify anything and you need to research and ECU solution and bigger injectors.
emilio700 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #46
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 9,642
Total Cats: 954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
I keep getting asked this same question so I'll try to make it clear as possible here:

The Supercard that comes with the Kraftwerks base kits only works with 100% stock engines (zero modifications). Modify anything and you need to research and ECU solution and bigger injectors.
Understood. Thanks again!
EO2K is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Tags
c15-60, coraldoc, kraftwerks, rotrex

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 AM.