Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain discuss the wondrous effects of boost and your miata...
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xida XL Exocet Question

 
Old 12-24-2017, 02:36 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 616
Total Cats: 71
Question Xida XL Exocet Question

Emilio or Dan, what spring rates for the Xida XL's do you guys recommend for a 1.8L turbo exocet? I'm guessing weight without driver is about 1500-1600 lbs.

I'm having some serious issues trying to get the ride height Emilio recommended with my current FM Vmaxx setup. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I cannot get the rear 10mm lower like you guys recommend. Even with the Exocet shock spacers on all four corners. I'm either hitting the half shafts in the rear or maxing out the collars in the front trying to get the damn ride height set.

I'm assuming the Xida XL's will fix this?
LukeG is offline  
Old 12-25-2017, 06:40 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,022
Total Cats: 154
Default

949 Racing has contact information on their website.
Arca_ex is offline  
Old 12-25-2017, 06:49 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 616
Total Cats: 71
Default

Figured I wouldn't be the only one that had this question and it might help out some others.
LukeG is offline  
Old 12-26-2017, 11:21 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,090
Total Cats: 368
Default

Spring rate requirements ultimately depends on your wheel and tire.

450/300 or 550/350 will be a good match assuming 100-200TW, 205-225 tires. GS also make for a good value on an Exocet.

Our test car had all four shock spacers, Xida XLs and plenty of height adjustability both directions with zero half shaft issues.
doward is offline  
Old 12-26-2017, 11:57 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 616
Total Cats: 71
Default

Originally Posted by doward View Post
Spring rate requirements ultimately depends on your wheel and tire.

450/300 or 550/350 will be a good match assuming 100-200TW, 205-225 tires. GS also make for a good value on an Exocet.

Our test car had all four shock spacers, Xida XLs and plenty of height adjustability both directions with zero half shaft issues.

Awesome, thanks! Just wanted to confirm. I'm running your 6UL 15x10's with the Maxxis VR1 245/40/15's.

The difference between the GS and XL on the Exocet would be that the GS needs the Exocet shock spacers and the XL doesn't?
LukeG is offline  
Old 12-26-2017, 12:26 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,090
Total Cats: 368
Default

Originally Posted by LukeG View Post
Awesome, thanks! Just wanted to confirm. I'm running your 6UL 15x10's with the Maxxis VR1 245/40/15's.

The difference between the GS and XL on the Exocet would be that the GS needs the Exocet shock spacers and the XL doesn't?
XL and GS use the same longer shock body, just different spring pack configurations.
Always use the spacers to retain Miata geometry.
doward is offline  
Old 12-26-2017, 12:34 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 616
Total Cats: 71
Default

Originally Posted by doward View Post
XL and GS use the same longer shock body, just different spring pack configurations.
Always use the spacers to retain Miata geometry.
Gotcha and thanks again!
LukeG is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
less
Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain
4
05-15-2016 02:02 AM
Flyin Miata - Miata Accessories
139
11-25-2014 11:25 PM
nitrodann
General Miata Chat
10
07-17-2014 01:49 PM
jeff_man
Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain
7
04-04-2014 12:40 AM
FastG
General Miata Chat
68
11-03-2012 11:55 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Xida XL Exocet Question


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.