WTBorrow/Buy: Saab T3 turbine housing or equivalent - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


WTB Wanted to buy ads. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. forum cannot be held responsible for the outcome of any transactions.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #1
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,900
Total Cats: 0
Default WTBorrow/Buy: Saab T3 turbine housing or equivalent

I'm going to have BEGi make a nice new downpipe for me soon and need a spare turbine (exhaust) housing from a saab t3. It's a .48 AR, 5 bolt outlet, internal gate. If anyone has one lying around they can part with cheap, or let me borrow for about a month, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to spend more than $25-30 shipped. If it's in stellar condition I might consider spending a bit more to keep it for later modification of my Chrysler turbo.
Arkmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:55 AM   #2
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SLC, Utah
Posts: 1,591
Total Cats: 0
Default

I might have one, how soon do you need it?
zoom2zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,900
Total Cats: 0
Default

I want to ship it to BEGi in about 2 weeks. That's when they'll catch up enough from the holidays to get to mine. They are busy bees these days
Arkmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #4
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
cjernigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8,147
Total Cats: 6
Default

They have my T3 housing right now. Get them to jig that bitch up or something cause I want my downpipe shipped out soon including the manifold and turbine housing i sent them.They could make a simple jig with a the inlet flange and outlet flange with the appropriate sized piece of angle iron. Then no one would ever have to ship in another garrett T3 housing.


I just emailed stephanie asking if they could/would jig my turbine housing. We'll see.
cjernigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #5
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,900
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjernigan View Post
They have my T3 housing right now. Get them to jig that bitch up or something cause I want my downpipe shipped out soon including the manifold and turbine housing i sent them.They could make a simple jig with a the inlet flange and outlet flange with the appropriate sized piece of angle iron. Then no one would ever have to ship in another garrett T3 housing.


I just emailed stephanie asking if they could/would jig my turbine housing. We'll see.
If you housing is just a standard 5 bolt outlet, I don't see why they couldn't weld mine up using your equipment... which version manifold are you using?
Arkmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #6
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

I have a Volvo Garrett T3 if it helps you any. It's not for sale, but you're welcome to use it for your evil needs.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:37 PM   #7
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
cjernigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8,147
Total Cats: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkmage View Post
If you housing is just a standard 5 bolt outlet, I don't see why they couldn't weld mine up using your equipment... which version manifold are you using?
It's just a standard 5 bolt off a 50 trim, it's a .48 housing(not that it matters). I 'm using their new direct pulse t3 mani. They're modifying the mani for external gate for me though and building my downpipe while they have it all. Should be started on fab soon. Never know though with custom work like that. Either way, I sent steph an email about the jig setup and saying i don't mind if they use it for yours.
cjernigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:00 AM   #8
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,900
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjernigan View Post
It's just a standard 5 bolt off a 50 trim, it's a .48 housing(not that it matters). I 'm using their new direct pulse t3 mani. They're modifying the mani for external gate for me though and building my downpipe while they have it all. Should be started on fab soon. Never know though with custom work like that. Either way, I sent steph an email about the jig setup and saying i don't mind if they use it for yours.
I'll call and talk to Stephanie when they open this morning. I needs me a shiny new downpipe
Arkmage is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 Turbos, Megastim FS mellowout Miata parts for sale/trade 8 11-16-2012 07:57 PM
T3 turbo sizing question elesjuan DIY Turbo Discussion 3 08-09-2009 02:50 PM
how much do you think this miata cost? ngarcia1983 General Miata Chat 6 01-21-2009 01:28 PM
Wierd ass SAAB turbine outlet Duckie_uk DIY Turbo Discussion 6 06-10-2008 04:41 PM
My moving sale- I need this shit gone! RicanmiataRacer Miata parts for sale/trade 17 03-08-2007 04:36 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 PM.