Have had my MSM for about 1.5 years now and really love it. I'm a regular over at mazda-speed.com but I figured I'd come over here and start a build thread.
Got the car in Septemeber 2014. I wanted wanted a project car that I could build in to a fun inexpensive track car. Though the MSM has been anything but inexpensive (lot of mods needed to fix the factory issues and bring out its full potential), it has been very reliable and very fun. My goal for the car is 260whp.
I got the car completely stock and in amazing condition. Bought it from a dealership in Daytona with 38k miles for $12k out the door. 2 owners with the first one being a "corporate lease". Guess that meant the dealership owned it.
Since then, I have invested a large amount of money into the car. The list of mods are as follows:
- FM Big Enchilada tuned by Jeremy at FM.
- FM I Clutch/Flywheel/SS Clutch Line
- TEIN Street Advance Coilovers
- Hard Dog Hardcore M2 Double Diagonal Rollbar Bar
- Advanti Storms S2s 15x7
- Dunlop Direzza DZ102s tires
- Portfield Carbon Brakepads
- GROM Audio Adaptor/Cobra SPX5500 Hardwired Radar Detector/USB Adaptor
This has gotten me to a dyno confirmed 223whp and 230wtq.
In regards to maintenance I have replaced or fixed:
- Clutch slave and master cylinders
- Oil, clutch fluid, and tranny fluid
- Brake Pads
- Passenger Side Window Regulator
My plans for the MSM in order are below:
- 3.63 gear conversion
- FM Crossflow Radiator, FM Stage 1 Fans, Water pump, Timing Belt
- FMII conversion with the GT2560R Turbo
HOPEFULLY that will be it and I'll be around 260whp and 260wtq. Not looking to build the motor so I think I should be safe around there.
I'll be updating this thread as the build continues. Pics coming below.
Stock Engine Bay
Current Exterior Setup
Current Engine Bay