At home I have been working on various engine components as well as chassis and powertrain modifications for my own car (A few parts that are currently in development I hope to have on the market sometime next year).
Here is a shot of the turbo manifold I am finishing for the ZM-DE head. The runners have been finished and the collector is being welded inside and out before the very complicated collector divider is welded in place(twin scroll turbo).
The stock oiling system on the BP/B6 is very good under most conditions. However under certain conditions the oil can migrate away from the oil pickup. Rather than installing an Accusump to assist oil flow/pressure, I thought I would first improve on the existing system.
I welded some "baffles" to the sump of the oil pan. These baffles create a shelf between the factory pan baffle in the bottom of the oil pan and the surrounding structure. This is to reduce the tendency of the oil to leave the sump under heavy breaking.
I left enough of a gap between the factory baffle and new sections that their should be little effect on oil return to the sump.
I will find some before and after photos of the modifications if they are not clear.
Now to fix the 1.8 diff housing.
I decided to fix "fracture points" the 1.8 Miata housing rather than install my RX-7 housing, because I feel that the Miata diff housing has bigger/better cooling fins. Just my opinion.
I have a Moss Motors Miata PPF Stabilizer Kit on my DD. But I thought this was a better way to stiffen the PPF. This design essentially boxes in the full length of the PPF without adding much weight.
First I took a spare PPF and cut the horizontal sections so that they follow the curved vertical section of the original. Carefully placing it close enough to not cause interference with any other components but still having enough distance between the faces for the wiring harness clips and to create a "box" structure.
I then constructed a jig to maintain PPF bolt alignment.
Then welded the two sections together.
I hope to post some updates on the engine build as soon as possible.