Political/Current Events Random, Pics, and Videos Thread - Page 105 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #2081
A living god
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 5,934
Total Cats: 222
Default

Sounds like he's right for presidential nomination. Will we see him in 2016?
viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #2082
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,179
Total Cats: 1,402
Default

he was a czar and was outted as the radical terrorist he is and he to resign. i doubt it.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #2083
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,637
Total Cats: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
watch the video and it's funnier. the "teacher" yells this in one of her rants.
I'll watch it with lunch.

EDIOT: I couldn't make it more than halfway. The stupidity gives me a headache.

How the ---- does somebody like that become a teacher in the first place?

Although it sounds like a room full of preteens, its still funny to hear the teacher try and argue.

Reminded me of this again.



Quote:
Originally Posted by viperormiata View Post
I would be scared as *** to arrest you. I can imagine it being intimidating considering the size of the bounty on your head. $$60,000,000,000 is a lot of money.
Hey man! Not everyone knows I'm wanted! lol

Last edited by Vashthestampede; 05-21-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #2084
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 639
Total Cats: 2
Default


jared8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #2085
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 2,423
Total Cats: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
I said "maybe".

Obama has never gone on the record and said he supports gay anything until yesterday. he may have implied it but never stated it outright.

civil rights are NOT a state issue. and desegregation fell under interstate commerce.

and homosexuality is not subject to opinion. there are people falling in love with members of the same sex and they aren't waiting for anyones consideration to do it.
I agree.

Gay marriage is a civil rights issue. Religion and gods stance on the issue is a
figment of people’s imagination. Marriage is in fact more of an invention of civilized society and is a contract between two consenting adults and recognized by the government. Certainly the concept is older than Christianity and its purpose is a legal one for issues of rights of survivorship inheritance and other legal issues. With marriage come rights and privileges granted by government to citizens. This issue to me is clearly covered under the 14th amendment equal protection clause. Individual states shouldn’t be allowed to discriminate and grant some rights to some citizens and not others. Sexual orientation shouldn’t be a limitation on two consenting adults from entering a marriage contract just as race or gender are not grounds for discrimination.

Bob
bbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #2086
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbundy View Post
I agree.

Gay marriage is a civil rights issue. Religion and gods stance on the issue is a
figment of people’s imagination. Marriage is in fact more of an invention of civilized society and is a contract between two consenting adults and recognized by the government. Certainly the concept is older than Christianity and its purpose is a legal one for issues of rights of survivorship inheritance and other legal issues. With marriage come rights and privileges granted by government to citizens. This issue to me is clearly covered under the 14th amendment equal protection clause. Individual states shouldn’t be allowed to discriminate and grant some rights to some citizens and not others. Sexual orientation shouldn’t be a limitation on two consenting adults from entering a marriage contract just as race or gender are not grounds for discrimination.

Bob
I normally default to the "state rights" stance, but that was very well put, Bob.
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #2087
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,179
Total Cats: 1,402
Default

and she was suspended:

http://salisbury.wbtv.com/news/polit...ama-goes-viral
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #2088
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,179
Total Cats: 1,402
Default

Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #2089
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 639
Total Cats: 2
Default

Sorry not youtube so no embedding
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nbc-news/47503659#47503659
Ariz. might leave Obama off ballot
Arizona Secretary of State says he may leave President Obama off the November ballot unless he sees a birth certificate. KPNX reporter Melissa Blasius has the story.

he sent a request to Hawaii eight weeks ago asking them to verify his birth cert.
still no response
jared8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #2090
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 177
Default

Which federal program took in more than it spent last year, added $95 billion to its surplus and lifted 20 million Americans of all ages out of poverty?

Why, Social Security, of course, which ended 2011 with a $2.7 trillion surplus.

That surplus is almost twice the $1.4 trillion collected in personal and corporate income taxes last year. And it is projected to go on growing until 2021, the year the youngest Baby Boomers turn 67 and qualify for full old-age benefits.


Plenty of problems with the overall analysis (including the basic premise), but the initial point is relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared8783 View Post
Arizona Secretary of State says he may leave President Obama off the November ballot unless he sees a birth certificate. KPNX reporter Melissa Blasius has the story.

he sent a request to Hawaii eight weeks ago asking them to verify his birth cert.
still no response
Attached Thumbnails
Political/Current Events Random, Pics, and Videos Thread-us_taxgrowth0512_sc.jpg  
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #2091
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 177
Default

Incendiary image! "Tea Party bought by Banks!"

Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #2092
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,179
Total Cats: 1,402
Default

and the university of California has donated over 1.6 million to obama in 2008, what's your point

goldman sachs was 1.1 million, and jp morgan around 800,000, citigroup 750,000, morgan stanley 500,000...



What I find interesting is the name that most often pops up on this list: http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/mems.php
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #2093
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,179
Total Cats: 1,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared8783 View Post
Sorry not youtube so no embedding
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nbc-news/47503659#47503659
Ariz. might leave Obama off ballot
Arizona Secretary of State says he may leave President Obama off the November ballot unless he sees a birth certificate. KPNX reporter Melissa Blasius has the story.

he sent a request to Hawaii eight weeks ago asking them to verify his birth cert.
still no response
Hawaii verifies Obama birth records to Arizona

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/h...082322680.html
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #2094
A living god
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 5,934
Total Cats: 222
Default

viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #2095
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 177
Default

5 minute introduction to the realities of the current US monetary system.

Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #2096
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 177
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperormiata View Post
[IMG]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/577012_10150836157686275_177486166274_10058177_187 7324435_n.jpg[IMG]
Pretty clever, but some of those can't be right. If he supports states' rights on legalization of marijuana, why have Federal LEOs been busting dispensaries?

Or am I oversimplifying that? i.e. Are the only facilities being raided those that were guilty of some other crime besides simply dispensing marijuana?

Edit: And the smaller government... Has that been at the Federal level (where he would have influence) or only at the state and municipal level?
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #2097
AFM Crusader
iTrader: (18)
 
olderguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wayne, NJ
Posts: 4,275
Total Cats: 64
Default

Got more border guards shot with "walking weapons" than Bush.
olderguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #2098
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,179
Total Cats: 1,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Jack View Post
Pretty clever, but some of those can't be right. If he supports states' rights on legalization of marijuana, why have Federal LEOs been busting dispensaries?

Or am I oversimplifying that? i.e. Are the only facilities being raided those that were guilty of some other crime besides simply dispensing marijuana?

watch the penn gillette video i posted, it's related.

Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #2099
A living god
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 5,934
Total Cats: 222
Default

I have no affiliation with the picture I posted. One of bleeding heart liberal friends posted it and I figured I give you guys something to laugh at.
viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #2100
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,179
Total Cats: 1,402
Default

God i love reading stories from CA:

Berkeley chief used police to look for son's phone
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...LH7R.DTL&tsp=1

Ban on plastic bags at L.A. markets is approved
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-approved.html

California man, 101, killed by car driven by woman of 91
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/california-...212644506.html
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 53 12-07-2016 05:52 PM
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
Going back to stock. Need some 1.6 parts. Trent WTB 2 10-01-2015 01:15 PM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 PM.