Political/Current Events Random, Pics, and Videos Thread - Page 146 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #2901
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSJ Article
In a Rasmussen poll conducted this year, 68% of voters said they "believe government and big business work together against the rest of us."
That is ******* comedy gold, coming from Charles Koch. I wonder why people think that? Well, lets see. It seems that these two Koch brothers have donated more than 100 million dollars to political campaigns.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #2902
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
cordycord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,709
Total Cats: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
That is ******* comedy gold, coming from Charles Koch. I wonder why people think that? Well, lets see. It seems that these two Koch brothers have donated more than 100 million dollars to political campaigns.
Don't care if you're Republican or Democrat, corporate cronyism is ruining this country. If you want to think only the "other side" does it, fine.

LET'S PUT AN END TO IT!

California is OWNED by the government unions. You might think that Big Oil owns Texas. Who cares? Cut out the sweetheart deals and decades in office for these Washington jerks and their corporate supporters.

Hey, it's the Stalin-ist thing I'll say all day--level the playing field so it's fair for EVERYONE.
cordycord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #2903
AFM Crusader
iTrader: (18)
 
olderguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wayne, NJ
Posts: 4,272
Total Cats: 64
Default

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
Attached Thumbnails
Political/Current Events Random, Pics, and Videos Thread-obama-poster.jpg  
olderguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #2904
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordycord View Post
Don't care if you're Republican or Democrat, corporate cronyism is ruining this country. If you want to think only the "other side" does it, fine.

LET'S PUT AN END TO IT!

California is OWNED by the government unions. You might think that Big Oil owns Texas. Who cares? Cut out the sweetheart deals and decades in office for these Washington jerks and their corporate supporters.

Hey, it's the Stalin-ist thing I'll say all day--level the playing field so it's fair for EVERYONE.
I totally agree. But it is funny, because if you would have told me to name the worst offender of it, the first that would pop into my head would be the Koch brothers.

Though there are certainly more overt examples, such as Chris Dodd telling congress that if they wanted their checks signed, they better pass SOPA. But the Koch brothers come of as some of the worst. Hell, they bought the Wisconsin Governor's office for Scott Walker.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #2905
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
cordycord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,709
Total Cats: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
I totally agree. But it is funny, because if you would have told me to name the worst offender of it, the first that would pop into my head would be the Koch brothers.

Though there are certainly more overt examples, such as Chris Dodd telling congress that if they wanted their checks signed, they better pass SOPA. But the Koch brothers come of as some of the worst. Hell, they bought the Wisconsin Governor's office for Scott Walker.
I know you can say that...can you prove it? Are the Koch brothers now drilling for oil in Wisconsin? I'm just sayin', if you're getting this stuff from Huffpo then there might be some de-programming involved.

Just kiddin'. Hey, I'm for limited government because even if you 100% disagree with me, you can do it on your own dime and I'll be happy that you're free to do it.
cordycord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #2906
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 231
Default

No, I don't need the Huffpo, I lived in Chicago when the Wisconsin congrescritters scurried down there. It was all over the place.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:02 AM   #2907
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
cordycord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,709
Total Cats: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
No, I don't need the Huffpo, I lived in Chicago when the Wisconsin congrescritters scurried down there. It was all over the place.
Chicago?! That city is pure as the driven snow!

You have to admit, Wisconsin was a founding member of the public union / government handout circle jerk, where unions give money to candidates, who in turn give favorable treatment to unions, ad infinitum?

Isn't that how the AFL/CIO ended up owning GM and we ended up owing $35 billion in GM debt?
cordycord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #2908
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
cordycord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,709
Total Cats: 122
Default What is leadership?

What is leadership? It's not meeting with an ally in the Middle East when tensions with a potential nuclear Iran are at the stage of war.

Scheduling conflict, my ***...

White House declines Netanyahu request to meet with Obama - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
cordycord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #2909
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mass.
Posts: 815
Total Cats: 41
Default

**** Israel. I'm incredibly supportive of the idea that the U.S. might be strategically dropping Israel as a core 'allie'.

The U.S. currently has very little incentive to support a country which has few resources and can't keep their ******* zealots from continually expanding into Palestinian territory (in case you haven't noticed, we already have a PR problem with the Muslim community).

-Zach
thasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #2910
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 231
Default



That IS our PR problem with the Muslim community.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #2911
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
cordycord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,709
Total Cats: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thasac View Post
**** Israel. I'm incredibly supportive of the idea that the U.S. might be strategically dropping Israel as a core 'allie'.

The U.S. currently has very little incentive to support a country which has few resources and can't keep their ******* zealots from continually expanding into Palestinian territory (in case you haven't noticed, we already have a PR problem with the Muslim community).

-Zach
Wow. I got that one completely wrong! We should side with the guys who fire missiles into Israel's general population, and side with the countries who don't allow religious freedom or anything close to women's rights. Or in other words, the countries to who side with the Taliban and the Islamic Brotherhood. I mean, what could go wrong if Israel was overrun and the Suez Canal was closed by our "friends" in Egypt?

Damn, I got it all wrong again.
cordycord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:10 AM   #2912
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,480
Total Cats: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordycord View Post
Wow. I got that one completely wrong! We should side with the guys who fire missiles into Israel's general population, and side with the countries who don't allow religious freedom or anything close to women's rights. Or in other words, the countries to who side with the Taliban and the Islamic Brotherhood. I mean, what could go wrong if Israel was overrun and the Suez Canal was closed by our "friends" in Egypt?

Damn, I got it all wrong again.
Why do we need to side with anyone? What if we just let them sort it out themselves?
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #2913
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,869
Total Cats: 483
Default

I think we should fire some nukes again and then tell everyone not to use them.
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:57 AM   #2914
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
cordycord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,709
Total Cats: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
Why do we need to side with anyone? What if we just let them sort it out themselves?
Yah, maybe. It just seems the Jews have gotten the short end of the stick so many times that it might be nice to help out a fellow democracy.

On a related note, what about those jack-holes who just burned our embassies in Egypt and Libya, and killed that American consulate staffer?

I can't understand why the Obama administration apologized for offending these attackers. Did they happen to see the Al Qaeda flags they put up after ripping down the American flag?
cordycord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:57 AM   #2915
Elite Member
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,183
Total Cats: 321
Default

Muslims are all about peace and love. Haven't you heard?
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #2916
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,100
Total Cats: 1,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordycord View Post
Yah, maybe. It just seems the Jews have gotten the short end of the stick so many times that it might be nice to help out a fellow democracy.
Eh, they have a big army. They can sort it out, but we like to play papa bear.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #2917
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mass.
Posts: 815
Total Cats: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordycord View Post
Yah, maybe. It just seems the Jews have gotten the short end of the stick so many times that it might be nice to help out a fellow democracy.
So have the Rwandans, however, you don't see the U.S. meddling too much there because there is little to no incentive (aside from claiming to be a high moral power). I no longer see an incentive for strong U.S. Israeli support so why bother supporting them? Israel is a largely educated populous with a relatively strong economy ... let them fight their own battles. I have no problem selling them armament, I just wish for less outward support.

In regards to the attacks ... yet another example of how well religion defines absolute morality, that is to say, not very well.

-Zach
thasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #2918
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 231
Default

So in other words:

Welfare for Americans = bad

Welfare for Israel = good

You guys confuse me sometimes.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #2919
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,100
Total Cats: 1,400
Default

We should be bombing Libya right now if anything. Teach them a thing or two about insulting Mohammed.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #2920
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,100
Total Cats: 1,400
Default

Oh wait, no, we decide to appolgize for the insult.

how silly of me, defending the freedom of speech and protecting americans.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 52 08-28-2016 05:18 AM
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
Going back to stock. Need some 1.6 parts. Trent WTB 2 10-01-2015 01:15 PM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 AM.