Political/Current Events Random, Pics, and Videos Thread - Page 334 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #6661
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,115
Total Cats: 1,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilicharger665 View Post
Considering you posted that less than 15 minutes after I posted a 15 minute video... no you didn't.
then how do i know the video starts off with a bunch of first hand accounts with sounds/visuals that mean absolutely nothing--I have a funny feeling buildings make noise before they come crashing down (regardless of the method used to bring them down). Then a bunch of old white people with degrees say a whole bunch of other **** to take up time; again providing no evidence. and then mention thermite a few times?

hint: i didnt sit there and watch it through but my favorite part was the guy taking about a fire that "burnt out" with a photo of it still burning.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:07 PM   #6662
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SE NM
Posts: 1,137
Total Cats: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
then how do i know the video starts off with a bunch of first hand accounts with sounds/visuals that mean absolutely nothing--I have a funny feeling buildings make noise before they come crashing down (regardless of the method used to bring them down). Then a bunch of old white people with degrees say a whole bunch of other **** to take up time; again providing no evidence. and then mention thermite a few times?

hint: i didnt sit there and watch it through but my favorite part was the guy taking about a fire that "burnt out" with a photo of it still burning.
What evidence are you wanting? A confession from somehow involved? That obviously isn't happening, so do the microspheres mean nothing? Your threshold for evidence is extremely high, but your tolerance for valid questions is extremely low.

The location of the fire where NIST claimed that was where the building was weakened most, was, in fact, out at the time of the picture. There were fires in floors below, but not on the floors and location NIST claimed.
Chilicharger665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:07 PM   #6663
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,870
Total Cats: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
then how do i know the video starts off with a bunch of first hand accounts with sounds/visuals that mean absolutely nothing--I have a funny feeling buildings make noise before they come crashing down (regardless of the method used to bring them down). Then a bunch of old white people with degrees say a whole bunch of other **** to take up time; again providing no evidence. and then mention thermite a few times?

hint: i didnt sit there and watch it through but my favorite part was the guy taking about a fire that "burnt out" with a photo of it still burning.
There's tons of evidence in the big video i posted on the other page that is consistent with the use of thermite.

And you're right buildings do make noise before they come crashing down however the noise between steel bending and concrete cracking is much different than the noise explosives make to take out the columns during controlled demolition and thats exactly the sounds that were recorded on the twin towers as well as building 7 just before they collapsed.

I dont know about you but i'd value the guy with 60 years of experience and a masters degree in that **** than the pizza boy just out of highschool but thats just my 2c.
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:13 PM   #6664
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
TurboTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chesterfield, NJ
Posts: 6,174
Total Cats: 198
Default

Oh
my
god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
I was there the morning before, doing contract work
TurboTim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:24 PM   #6665
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,659
Total Cats: 1,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple88a View Post
(...) the structural engineers, architects, demolition experts, scientists, core engineers etc (...)
For any given profession, you will always be able to assemble a select group whose opinions differ markedly from both the prevailing academic consensus as well as from the results rigidly defensible scientific inquiry. And by careful selection, one can assemble a foundation of evidence to support nearly any claim. Just think about how often you hear a Christian / Catholic priest "prove" something in scripture by preferential selection of evidence.

In the US, for instance, there are many Doctors who espouse homeopathy and the belief that various environmental factors influence the development of autism. There are many members of the astronomical and aerospace communities who believe that aliens have visited earth and influenced the development of mankind. There are teachers who believe in young-earth creationism. And so on.


When you say "the engineers..." you are not describing a consensus opinion among a majority of the field. You are repeating the words of a small but vocal minority who appear to have some unspoken agenda (often nothing more than self-aggrandizement.) If we lend credibility to every such minority group simply by citing them as "scientists say...", then we can reasonably prove that the earth is flat, dinosaur fossils were planted by God as a test of faith, carbon emissions do not influence the global climate
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:39 PM   #6666
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SE NM
Posts: 1,137
Total Cats: 28
Default

Good thing evidence is unbiased then. The presence of molten steel is completely unexplained.
Chilicharger665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:45 PM   #6667
Hug Life
iTrader: (3)
 
Monk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Huntington, Indiana
Posts: 2,396
Total Cats: 356
Default



Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:01 PM   #6668
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,659
Total Cats: 1,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilicharger665 View Post
Good thing evidence is unbiased then. The presence of molten steel is completely unexplained.
There's an old saying in medicine, which worked its way into the popular culture via the TV show House. "When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." It's a variation on Occam's Razor, and essentially states that the simplest / most commonplace explanation is usually the correct one.

Speaking as an engineer, when an engineer sees a pool of melted metal, the most obvious thing which pops to mind is not generally "Ah, must be thermite!"

If YouTube is your preferred standard of evidence, just search around for all of the videos made by people who have built iron smelters which run on wood, charcoal, etc. Mankind would have never gotten out of the stone age if blacksmithing and metalworking required thermite to achieve.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:02 PM   #6669
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,870
Total Cats: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
For any given profession, you will always be able to assemble a select group whose opinions differ markedly from both the prevailing academic consensus as well as from the results rigidly defensible scientific inquiry. And by careful selection, one can assemble a foundation of evidence to support nearly any claim. Just think about how often you hear a Christian / Catholic priest "prove" something in scripture by preferential selection of evidence.

In the US, for instance, there are many Doctors who espouse homeopathy and the belief that various environmental factors influence the development of autism. There are many members of the astronomical and aerospace communities who believe that aliens have visited earth and influenced the development of mankind. There are teachers who believe in young-earth creationism. And so on.


When you say "the engineers..." you are not describing a consensus opinion among a majority of the field. You are repeating the words of a small but vocal minority who appear to have some unspoken agenda (often nothing more than self-aggrandizement.) If we lend credibility to every such minority group simply by citing them as "scientists say...", then we can reasonably prove that the earth is flat, dinosaur fossils were planted by God as a test of faith, carbon emissions do not influence the global climate
Sorry boss but none of this has to actually do with the evidence that was found at ground zero.
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:05 PM   #6670
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SE NM
Posts: 1,137
Total Cats: 28
Default

So what is the simplest/most commonplace explanation for molten metal beneath the Twin Towers and the surrounding buildings?
Chilicharger665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:13 PM   #6671
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,659
Total Cats: 1,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTim View Post
Oh
my
god
WKCR-FM, like most of the FM and VHF stations in town, had its transmitter on the 110th floor of 1 WTC. Now they're all back at Empire, though many of them are presently in lease & combiner negotiations to move back to WTC again. A few have decided to remain at Empire (with backups at Alpine or 4 Times) for reasons of cost and superstition.

At the time, we (Harris) were building new studios on the campus at Columbia University, and part of that entailed installing a new STL (Studio - Transmitter Link) system. We were using the Harris Aurora, which was a spread-spectrum radio system that provided a bi-directional T1/E1 line (which was still considered fast at the time) on the 2.4 Ghz ISM band.

I'd been fighting like hell with the freight company to get the antennas delivered on time. The downtown antenna finally showed up on 10 Sep, so I went down to accept delivery and get it into the room. I left town that night to fly back to the factory in Cincinnati as I had some other equipment to pack up, and two guys on my crew were supposed to go back up the next day along with the station's chief engineer Richard Koziol (who passed away a few years ago), to install the antenna and aim it uptown at the studio.

The fact that Richard's daughter started vomiting that night while I was on a redeye back to CVG is one of those things that, to a religious person, is easily interpreted as Divine Intervention, and subsequently construed as "proof" that God exists.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:22 PM   #6672
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,480
Total Cats: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilicharger665 View Post
Considering you posted that less than 15 minutes after I posted a 15 minute video... no you didn't.


mgeoffriau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:30 PM   #6673
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SE NM
Posts: 1,137
Total Cats: 28
Default

He already admitted he didn't watch it dude.
Chilicharger665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:47 PM   #6674
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,480
Total Cats: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilicharger665 View Post
He already admitted he didn't watch it dude.
So what? Your reasoning was bad.
mgeoffriau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:51 PM   #6675
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,392
Total Cats: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
So what? Your reasoning was bad.
Which time?
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:58 PM   #6676
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,043
Total Cats: 178
Default

Here are your "explosions"


Loud explosive sounds are exactly what one would expect to hear when a massively heavy reinforced concrete structure is heated to the point where the steel becomes soft enough and the concrete becomes brittle enough for a column or beam to shatter. When it gets hot enough, especially quickly, as would happen in an uncontrolled fire near lots of oil-based plastics/carpet/tile/etc. concrete does indeed lose the ability to bear a load.

As far as the theory that "how could the building fall if only one beam failed?" Go into your 2 story home with a basement, find a single steel beam in the basement, (if you have a large enough basement) and cut it in half. I dare you, you'll be just fine. I promise your house won't collapse, it's only one beam...

As soon as one beam fails, the entire weight of the carried load is shifted on the supporting structures - a vertically compressing load that an overheated concrete column might be able to handle, no sweat, becomes a torquing load that the same concrete column is easily outmatched by. In such a scenario, you would likely here many loud "explosions" as weight and loads shifted by inches long before you would be able to visibly see the building move from the outside.
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:11 PM   #6677
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 12,191
Total Cats: 748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
Here are your "explosions"


Loud explosive sounds are exactly what one would expect to hear when a massively heavy reinforced concrete structure is heated to the point where the steel becomes soft enough and the concrete becomes brittle enough for a column or beam to shatter. When it gets hot enough, especially quickly, as would happen in an uncontrolled fire near lots of oil-based plastics/carpet/tile/etc. concrete does indeed lose the ability to bear a load.

As far as the theory that "how could the building fall if only one beam failed?" Go into your 2 story home with a basement, find a single steel beam in the basement, (if you have a large enough basement) and cut it in half. I dare you, you'll be just fine. I promise your house won't collapse, it's only one beam...

As soon as one beam fails, the entire weight of the carried load is shifted on the supporting structures - a vertically compressing load that an overheated concrete column might be able to handle, no sweat, becomes a torquing load that the same concrete column is easily outmatched by. In such a scenario, you would likely here many loud "explosions" as weight and loads shifted by inches long before you would be able to visibly see the building move from the outside.
But what about taking the same amount of time for a free fall in a demolition building?
shuiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:34 PM   #6678
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,870
Total Cats: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
Here are your "explosions"
Well i hope that they didnt build it on plywood however concrete sounds quite different as proven by this video. Concrete cracking is a lot different than the multiple rounds of explosives going off at a fixed time.
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:48 PM   #6679
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,392
Total Cats: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple88a View Post
Well i hope that they didnt build it on plywood however concrete sounds quite different as proven by this video. Concrete cracking is a lot different than the multiple rounds of explosives going off at a fixed time.
You're right. It was a conspiracy between the Jew bankers and the leaders of the military industrial complex in coordination with the CIA, the freemasons, and the surviving original members of The Mickey Mouse Club.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #6680
Hug Life
iTrader: (3)
 
Monk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Huntington, Indiana
Posts: 2,396
Total Cats: 356
Default







Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 52 08-28-2016 05:18 AM
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
Going back to stock. Need some 1.6 parts. Trent WTB 2 10-01-2015 01:15 PM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.