03-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Fife, Scotland
Total Cats: 3
Can Someone Check This Over Before I Install?
I've got all the parts I need to turbo the car now, but the problem is that it's my daily driver, so can't really afford much downtime due to me overlooking something.
So it's a 1.8 Eunos, and I've already installed the Megasquirt and all is well.
I need to install:
* Drill and tap manifold for M10 studs
* Fit Manifold (FM cast)
* Turbo (GTI-R T28)
* Oil feed (M10x1.5 for engine block to an oil restrictor sized m11x1.0)
* Drill and Tap sump, fit hose barb + JB Weld
* Oil drain (I have a straight oil drain outlet, and high temp hose which will fit onto hose barb.)
* Water feed
* Water drain
* Intercooler piping
* Drill and tap I/C piping post intercooler then run silicone hose to MBC then actuator.
* Silicon hose to Boost gauge
At that point I need to trailer the car to the exhaust place who will:
Weld the Intercooler piping together to minimize leaks and add outlet for the idle pipe(?) and BOV.
They're also going to make me a wide *** downpipe and weld a bung on for the wideband sensor. Oh and make me a de-cat.
Is there any little things I have overlooked to get me up and running?
Thanks for the input.
Last edited by GrahamC; 03-18-2011 at 11:19 AM.