And its done. Here is what I bought. (phone for size reference)
That's 200mm bolt center to center. The advertised adjustment range is 170-210mm. Got all of it for £15 delivered (round $22) from a company supplying kit car makers. Called and told them what I was doing and that the cheapest **** would do. VERY nice quality stuff for the cheapest option.
Did a bit of measuring and mocking up and these are the brackets
Then bolted the bastard in, this is viewed from below looking at the front upper engine mount bolt on the block. You will need to find a longer bolt than stock to allow for the thickness of the bracket (1/4 inch in this case) as they are pretty much "just" long enough as standard.
and here is the mount at the turbo
and again from below
and these two are the best I could muster for the whole thing. Very difficult to see it all at once as it is really buried in there.
and this is looking from behind and above the turbo
So that's how its done. Followed corkey's advice and turned it by hand as tight as I could then tightened the lock nuts. I don't know if I am imagining it or not but the engine does now feel smoother. I did take measurements of the brackets as I did it, so you could just have a shop fab up a set for you (presuming that most of us don't have the equipment to properly bend up 1/4 inch steel, I am lucky in that I know a guy who does)
I'll draw up a set of plans tonight and add it to this thread for future use.
Oh and all thanks to Barry Spiers on this forum as he was/is "the guy" with the tooling, and made short work of fabbing up the brackets.