So continuing to want the cleanest look for my engine bay I went and started on a new project earlier tonight involving the valve cover. Its just a new cleaner way to securely hold your COP's with out using the ugly metal sheet everyone else uses to hold there COP's down.
Pics go by steps taken.
I'll let the pictures explain now:
you will first have to remove the middle plate underneath the valve cover to remove the metal shavings.
Here I set the cop how I wanted it to be held down. used a screw driver as a punch to mark where to drill the hole.
shown is the tap (thread size 1/4) but you can use any and some long screws that will be later cut to size.
holes are now drilled and tapped. Test fitted everthing and it looks good!
The plan is to cut and remove the head of the screw and have it at the perfect length, Use red loctite on the new threads made on the valve cover, The loctite should create a good seal so no oil leaks out of the new threaded holes. Reinstall the plate that was removed and ad some wrinkle paint for a clean fresh looking valve cover. For the nuts being used for the screws i,ll be using the nylon locking type.
So obviously i'm not done yet. It was getting a little late so I called it a night. Once I finish working on it tmrw i,ll post pics of the finished product