05-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Join Date: Oct 2005
Total Cats: 5
Here you go. Sorry it is short.
Originally Posted by EO2K
BEAUTIFUL! Please tell me you have a build thread somewhere...
Info requested regarding:
- engine mounts- In a different location that stock welded to subframe
- front subframe modifications- just cut out what we needed to and boxed it in for strength. Easy.
- oil pan modifications- I will get a pic someday. I am a busy dude
- rear end mods (if any) Welded T2 FC rear end. Custom bracket, Drive shaft shop 900 hp axle and hubs.
- PPF (does the MZR use a PPF?) No PPF. Custom brace for transmission
- transmission selection and shifter clearances & position. Jericho 4 speed dog box. Just made shifter lever where I wanted it.
- firewall modifications Some BFH work. Nothing crazy
- hood clearance- Stock hood would be better than mine. We had to make one small cut.
- core support modifications (if any) Upfront, nothing. Stock rad in stock location
- steering shaft issues None. Stock rack too.
- exhaust system routing 3" to the axle along passengers side.
If you blow this bitch up, or if you have detailed pics of the engine compartment without the engine, please post. Seriously. That thing ALMOST looks like it belongs there. A 2.0 MZR from an NC or even a 2.3 L3-VE or 2.5 L5-VE would make a welcome increase in displacement in that clean a package, provided it takes less work than the mods required to install an LSx. Information regarding transmission fitment and durability would also be sexy as hell.
As for an LS swap compared to this. Just putting them in, same level I think. Well, for FD. For you cats, LS may be easier because of all the simple drop in kits.
If I'm not mistaken, isn't this the essence of the sport?