Flyin' Miata is looking for a new tech.
This is a position with pretty low turnover - in the last 15 years, we've hired four techs. One (Ken Hill) left after about four years due to family reasons, the others are still here.
This is not a mechanic position, but someone to deal with customers and support our products. Basically, much of what I do every day, as do Brandon and Jeremy. There will likely be some development work as well - the techs are the ones who make many of the decisions as to what we develop, what form it takes and decide when it's ready to release. We've each got our own strengths, so we each concentrate on different areas.
If you're interested, please contact Teri Cardell at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 970 464 5600.
Job description follows. Flyin' Miata is based in Palisade, CO, right near Grand Junction.
Position Title: Technical Sales
Exemption Status: Exempt
General Statement of Duties: Dispense technical advice via email and the telephone, sell/up-sell products, assist walk-in customers as appropriate.
- Dispense general technical and general suspension advice via email and the telephone by answering questions, resolving problems.
- Responsible for responding to email@example.com
- Sell and up-sell products via the phone and email, assist walk-in customers as needed, take
customers on test drives and explain functions of products.
- Drive completed customer cars for the purposes of break-in, evaluation and calibration.
- Attend Miata events as appropriate, assist with pre-event preparation, setup, sales, mechanical work and tear down tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in any field or equivalent work experience.
Experience and Training
- Must own or have owned a Mazda Miata and have performed mechanical work on the engine, transmission, drive train, suspension and brakes on own car. Must be knowledgeable in the electrical operations of the Mazda Miata. Must have installed after-market performance products on own Mazda Miata.
- Must be familiar with sales techniques; prefer several years of sales experience.
- Must be experienced with Windows and current Microsoft software; must have the ability to learn new computer software programs and systems; must be proficient in typing.
- Must have strong interpersonal, telephone and communication skills, both written and oral; must be customer focused.
- Must be detail oriented and have analytical and interpretive skills.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with multiple priorities.
- Must have the ability to effectively make decisions.
- Must have excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation skills.
- Must be able to work independently and also within a team environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as the business dictates.
Typical Physical Demands
- Must be able to write and speak English clearly. Must be able to hear effectively for telephone communication, for taking telephone orders and messages and for sharing information with co-workers. Must be able to see the computer screen and to identify appropriate software programs. Must be able to see to verify materials printed from the computer, to review data, to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Must be able to lift and carry office supplies up to 25 lbs. as needed for the day-to-day operations of the office. Must have the mobility of reaching, bending and twisting to perform tasks in an office environment. Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
Typical Mental Demands
- Must understand implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people. Is frequently called upon to handle difficult situations. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure. Must be able to make effective decisions in managerís absence.
- Must have a valid driverís license and have own transportation that may be used in completing the work duties.
- May be required to work extra hours. Works in a typical office setting.