09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Join Date: Nov 2005
Total Cats: 0
Unless you've come up with some solution for flow detection i'd recommend staying away from individual port WI.
A friends Civic popped it's motor because he had a blockage on 1 port nozzle.
He was running DDS3V8 which detects flow rates, but it spotted nothing.
The theory was that with 1 blocked nozzle this increased the pressure to the other 3 nozzles, so the flow readings were extremely close to normal operation.
The other thing is, if you use a HSV you have such fine control of the WI flow that you can start adding WI a 0psi in extremely small quantities and then gradually increase the flow with boost.
This gives the advantage of offering no lag between boost and water flow.
I have tested 4 0.4mm Aquamist nozzles and found that the flow rates were very different on all.
WI nozzles simply are not made to the same quality control standards as injectors, so the differences in flow rates between 4 nozzles of the same size was different enough to cause problems.
I've tried individual port WI, pre SC, post SC various nozzle sizes and locations, currently i'm running 1 nozzle on the post IC pipe but gradually adding water with the HSV, works a trwat.