05-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Total Cats: 0
I seem to have the most problems with the LC-1, so I'll try and help.
You have to configure the LC-1 output to the NB gauge. If you just wire it in it won't work. The voltage scale isn't right.
Those settings are what I got for the autometer NB gauge off the LC-1 website. Those should be correct as long as it is an autometer.
When you first open the LC-1 program on the bottom right is a pull down menu, make sure you set that to gasoline. It seems every time I turn around it resets back to custom, it pisses me off so much. Once you set it to gasoline you can input those settings.
Make sure your using the right output. The first time I put it in I was setting up output#2 when the gauge was actually on output#1.
Also, DO NOT loop the lines. It won't hurt it, but that's not what your supposed to do. In the box should be the terminator plug and the serial cable. Plug the terminator plug into the "IN" cable and the serial cable in the "OUT" cable. Then when your done tuning leave them in, just tuck them away. Those plugs need to be there or it won't work.
If those don't help use their forum. Most problems with the LC-1 are the same common ones and are covered there.
Hopefully this helps. I'm not 100% happy with my LC-1. It works perfect most times, but for some unknown reason it loves resetting back to custom and throwing everything off.
Last edited by miataspeed1point6; 05-09-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Reason: Found more info.