A friend of mine down in FL just informed me that his babysitter's boyfriend is about to buy this car. Yes, I gave him my opinion as to the reasonableness (or lack thereof) of paying $7k for it.
1994 Mazda Miata - $6999 (St. Petersburg)
Whats been done:
• Total repaint
• New leather upholstery
• Flyin Miata 2.5 suspension upgrade. (shocks,springs,bars, stops)
• Flyin Miata full butterfly brace.
• Brembo dics and hawk pads
• Stainless exhaust with stainless "test" pipe. (cat included)
• Royal Purple in trans and diff.
• External oil cooler with filter relocation kit.
• Koyo 37mm radiator with silicon hoses
• Replaced all small rubber water lines with OEM.
• New wires and plugs.
• New water pump at 127,000 OEM
• New Timing belts at 127,000 Gates
• New clutch and ligthened flywheel 13lbs, and pilot bearing
• New clutch master and slave cyl.
• New brake master cylinder
• All new rubber on Hardtop with defrost.
• Leather wheel cover.
• New airbag sensor
• Newer Robbins top and top cover
• Rolling stand and cover for Hardtop
• Lightest BBS wheels
• New Tires
• New Clearwater speakers in the headrests
• Polk Audio door speakers
• Spare with jack
• New oxygen sensor
• New windshield, with tint stripe
• A Package: (New) Torsen limited slip differential (manual transmission only), power-assisted steering, leather-wrapped steering wheel, power mirrors, aluminum alloy wheels and headrest speakers.
• The following items were (New)or redesigned for the '94 Miata:
• 1.8 liter engine / 128 horsepower
• Alloy wheels redesigned and larger (14x6)
• Passenger side airbag
• Cross brace behind seats
• Bigger brakes (10 inch front disc & 9.9 inch rear disc)
• Redesigned dash
• Bigger gas tank (12.7 gal)
• Fully lined trunk
• Map pockets added to doors
• Seat fabric changed
• Raised lettering on engine cam cover
• Flash to pass
• Red lettering for rear Miata badge
• Seatbelt anchor located on seat
• C package door panel tops are black
• Torsen limited-slip differential
What it needs:
• New shiftboot (it's cracked)
• Scratch on drivers side window pillar(windshield install)
I've owned the car for about 6 years and just don't drive it much, less than 500 miles in 2014. I purchased it from the 2nd owner and the car was originally from California. The car had 77,000 miles on it when I got it and has had Moble 1 since then. She was my daily driver for the first years I had her but always maintained oil/filter every 3000mi. Come with a box of extra parts and 3 manuals.
Price is 6999 obo. With Hardtop or $5999 without