How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair - Page 133 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #2641
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,430
Total Cats: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeed81 View Post
They have the freedom to be fat, and their vote counts just as much as mine does.

I don't agree with our Canadian friend with the gay sigpic...they shouldn't die, or be forced to be healthy. They should however have to face natural consequences...and like Brain said, shouldn't receive special treatment, by airlines, by the government, etc.
Werd.

Freedom first. Always stand on the side of personal freedom.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #2642
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,292
Total Cats: 178
Default

**** fat people.

I'll be damned if me, my future wife Jessica Alba, or any of our 20 kids ever get fat.

And stop gaying up this thread with stupid political BS. Isn't there a section for that?????

Last edited by FRT_Fun; 08-16-2010 at 07:40 PM.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #2643
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 12,213
Total Cats: 750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRT_Fun View Post
**** fat people.

I'll be damned if me, my future wife Jessica Alba, or any of our 20 kids ever get fat.

End stop gaying up this thread with stupid political BS. Isn't there a section for that?????
Dude if she has 20 kids, she will never be skinny. Just pull out and skeet on her face.
shuiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #2644
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,292
Total Cats: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
Dude if she has 20 kids, she will never be skinny. Just pull out and skeet on her face.
Good point. I stand corrected.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #2645
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
rccote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,591
Total Cats: 11
Default

Went to a renaissance festival this past weekend. Holee shittt.


rccote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:53 PM   #2646
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, Oregon.
Posts: 6,841
Total Cats: 63
Default

BTW....vodka in coffee......interesting...even when the coffee is "mudslide". You can't taste the vodka, it doesn't smell....yet...that burning sensation on the throat is still there. WTF? I probably shouldn't be drinking this before going to bed










and no....I'm not going to be getting drunk or anything........again.
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:11 AM   #2647
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southlake,Texas
Posts: 3,250
Total Cats: 17
Default

Do it *****
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:50 AM   #2648
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,688
Total Cats: 93
Default

I love how civilian employees think they have power over military personnel when they are just lazy, stupid, and ignorant... and almost get run over by a 5k lb. pallet while yelling at me to watch where im stepping on his POS 7th hand purchased 747's pallet stop locks... then thinking he can redirect my "order" to instead of spotting the K-loader, he thinks he can force me to push a heavy pallet back to get his cellphone.
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:24 AM   #2649
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,968
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
I love how civilian employees think they have power over military personnel when they are just lazy, stupid, and ignorant... and almost get run over by a 5k lb. pallet while yelling at me to watch where im stepping on his POS 7th hand purchased 747's pallet stop locks... then thinking he can redirect my "order" to instead of spotting the K-loader, he thinks he can force me to push a heavy pallet back to get his cellphone.
Dude... you seriously need to re-class, sounds like that job is going to give you a freakin heart attack.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #2650
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,047
Total Cats: 178
Default

Don't ever let a civilian think they're your boss. The civilians on a military compound are being overpaid to support the military. Not the other way around...and don't let them forget that lest I have to deal with them later.
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #2651
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 411
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeed81 View Post
And your sig pic makes me feel weird inside.
I didn't mean that in a literal sense.
E-NA6CE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #2652
Boost Czar

iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,179
Total Cats: 1,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
gov't tax on fast food and luxury foods (candy, chips, ice cream) based on weight FTMFW!

Taxes sure do go a long way, but I don't personally like taxes, and ever think they are the solution. What you are saying is: you the bureaucrat, decided you know what's best for another person and are going to punish them by the use of force. That solution is subjective, not objective; you cannot sacrifice someone's liberty simply for your displeasure with sweaty fatties.

"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself by the handle."
-Winston Churchill

Sure, the that fact that 30% of Americans are classified as obese tells you something, not that fat people are to "blame", or should be punished, but they are looters and have incentives to be fat. They are free to be as fat as they want, but what they aren't free to do is harm you or get in your way to pursue happiness as well.

When/if they cause your insurance rates to skyrocket, then you can complain. But insurance companies should have the right to deny obese customers coverage, or charge more for them specifically, at least in a true free market. If insurance companies actually had control over their business and customers, they'd deny these people coverage on most items. This would surely change incentives fast.

What is really scary is this Heath Care Bill that we just passed further "tips-the-scales" in the way of harmful incentives. When the government interferes in the free-market it is giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others. We are going to be punished to support their own self destructive behavior. They cannot be denied coverage, they cannot be dropped from their plans, and to top it off their fat kids will be covered until age 25, etc, all for free, all at no extra costs to them.

So why should they get healthy, and why should they give a **** about you?
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #2653
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 411
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
What is really scary is this Heath Care Bill that we just passed further "tips-the-scales" in the way of harmful incentives. When the government interferes in the free-market it is giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others. We are going to be punished to support their own self destructive behavior. They cannot be denied coverage, they cannot be dropped from their plans, and to top it off their fat kids will be covered until age 25, etc, all for free, all at no extra costs to them.

So why should they get healthy, and why should they give a **** about you?
Well, I'm not American, but I will post like I am one, so mind the first-person narration. If they have the right to abuse us in that sense, whether it be financially through taxes for their bullshit coverage or through person activity that is degraded by the sights, sounds and physical mass of obese people, then we should have the right to demand either A) Reimbursement, B) Changes to legislation requiring insurance companies to have completely different clauses and packages for obese people, C) Federal statutes prohibiting obese people from using certain public services or participating in certain public events (idealistically focused on the transportation and hospitality industry) and/or D) Implement an Obesity Tax of some sort, where obese people have to pay premiums for certain services.

I'm sure there are 1007 things wrong with all of that and that it would create so much conflicting response, but what else does it take for the government to realize that obese people are not on the same playing field as the rest of society? To me they are a burden.
E-NA6CE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #2654
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,490
Total Cats: 373
Default

Your intentions are fine and well, but government power doesn't go away once it's created. The same power that allows it to create taxes and penalties that happen to agree with your personal opinions will also allow it to create taxes and penalties that don't agree with your personal opinions 20 years from now when there is a different group in power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-NA6CE View Post
Well, I'm not American, but I will post like I am one, so mind the first-person narration. If they have the right to abuse us in that sense, whether it be financially through taxes for their bullshit coverage or through person activity that is degraded by the sights, sounds and physical mass of obese people, then we should have the right to demand either A) Reimbursement, B) Changes to legislation requiring insurance companies to have completely different clauses and packages for obese people, C) Federal statutes prohibiting obese people from using certain public services or participating in certain public events (idealistically focused on the transportation and hospitality industry) and/or D) Implement an Obesity Tax of some sort, where obese people have to pay premiums for certain services.

I'm sure there are 1007 things wrong with all of that and that it would create so much conflicting response, but what else does it take for the government to realize that obese people are not on the same playing field as the rest of society? To me they are a burden.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #2655
Boost Czar

iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,179
Total Cats: 1,402
Default

Quote:
A) Reimbursement, B) Changes to legislation requiring insurance companies to have completely different clauses and packages for obese people, C) Federal statutes prohibiting obese people from using certain public services or participating in certain public events (idealistically focused on the transportation and hospitality industry) and/or D) Implement an Obesity Tax of some sort, where obese people have to pay premiums for certain services.
No, our government's ONLY job is protect us from criminals and the harm of others. Our consitution is written to LIMIT the powers of government, not allow it to control our lives; unlike your kommie kingdom.

A. We have no right to demand some sort of payment from them for being fat. We do have rights to demand compensation for any money lost due to them being fat.

B. I absolutely agree with this, but the problem is, we need NO legislation because we are supposed to be in a FREE MARKET! If we had less government intervention in a private business's affairs, this would work itself out. A huge disincentive would be on the "weight" of their shoulders when deciding if they want to pig out like a fat **** or not. If they were not able to secure health insurance, or free coverage through the gov't if they are classified as obese, then they'd have the choice of paying out of pocket for the lifestyle they chose, or they'd make a change in order to meet the requirements to participate in a service rendered by a private company.

C. I disagree completely. Might as well add a federal statue that doesn't allow illegal mexicans to mow my lawn

D. You don't get it. **** taxes. This is NOT the role of our government. Who is the Gov't to say that I need to be punished because I made a conscious choice to be fat. This goes against everything America stands for; we are created equal and we are free to peruse our own happiness.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #2656
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,273
Total Cats: 0
Default

yay for stripping away freedom.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:13 AM   #2657
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 411
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
Your intentions are fine and well, but government power doesn't go away once it's created. The same power that allows it to create taxes and penalties that happen to agree with your personal opinions will also allow it to create taxes and penalties that don't agree with your personal opinions 20 years from now when there is a different group in power.
Very good point. Duly noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
No, our government's ONLY job is protect us from criminals and the harm of others. Our consitution is written to LIMIT the powers of government, not allow it to control our lives; unlike your kommie kingdom.

A. We have no right to demand some sort of payment from them for being fat. We do have rights to demand compensation for any money lost due to them being fat.
Sorry, I meant reimbursement for the taxes we would be paying to help fund these programs and such. I didn't mean an outright payment because we are thin and they are fat, ha ha.

Quote:
B. I absolutely agree with this, but the problem is, we need NO legislation because we are supposed to be in a FREE MARKET! If we had less government intervention in a private business's affairs, this would work itself out. A huge disincentive would be on the "weight" of their shoulders when deciding if they want to pig out like a fat **** or not. If they were not able to secure health insurance, or free coverage through the gov't if they are classified as obese, then they'd have the choice of paying out of pocket for the lifestyle they chose, or they'd make a change in order to meet the requirements to participate in a service rendered by a private company.

C. I disagree completely. Might as well add a federal statue that doesn't allow illegal mexicans to mow my lawn
Ha ha.... ah.. Mexicans. You are 100% correct. The only reason this is even an issue is because of the government and it's imposed limitations of EVERYTHING.

Quote:
D. You don't get it. **** taxes. This is NOT the role of our government. Who is the Gov't to say that I need to be punished because I made a conscious choice to be fat. This goes against everything America stands for; we are created equal and we are free to peruse our own happiness.
The government is supposed to represent the people as a society, aren't they? I thought the government is supposed to be our voice when we need society to hear it? In any case, the role of our government has long been abandoned by the assfucks in Office and they are essentially there to support criminals and the tax man. It's bullshit. I meant the government implement these or anything as a representation of the masses, so it would be the people that are directly affected that would be making the decision to tax or whatever.
E-NA6CE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #2658
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,889
Total Cats: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
I love how civilian employees think they have power over military personnel when they are just lazy, stupid, and ignorant... and almost get run over by a 5k lb. pallet while yelling at me to watch where im stepping on his POS 7th hand purchased 747's pallet stop locks... then thinking he can redirect my "order" to instead of spotting the K-loader, he thinks he can force me to push a heavy pallet back to get his cellphone.
Speaking as a contractor (civilian) that has dealt with the Military (Army and Air Force) this kind of behavior is stupid. As a contractor I always treat officers and enlisted with respect. I usually address the officers politely with yes sir and no sir, and by their rank and last name, at least until asked to do otherwise.

Not only is it respectful, but it is smart. If I treat people with respect then they are usually more helpful than if I act like some contractor jerk-off.
ZX-Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #2659
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 411
Total Cats: 0
Default

Is anyone else disturbed by those stupid Vagisil commercials? I don't want to see that ****. If they're going to complain and force the revisal and censorship of hilarious condom commercials then they should take off those, "Oh, my ---- is itchy and smells terrible and is secreting disgusting, puss juice. But never fear, Vagisil is here!" commercials.
E-NA6CE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #2660
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,273
Total Cats: 0
Default

You should go live in a hole.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uconn Car Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 1 01-23-2016 10:17 PM
Uconn Car Show Sat, April 9th 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 7 04-11-2011 11:00 AM
Uconn Car Club Spring 2010 Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 92 04-12-2010 06:20 PM
anual uconn car show/meet 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 0 02-19-2008 10:03 PM


Tags
brain <3 me, brainy <3s hollywood, cancerous testicles, cuban caveman, furry barnacle, get fragged faeflora, joe p for prez, lyrical joe perez, not hit block, peter falk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 PM.