How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair - Page 713 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #14241
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,687
Total Cats: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Jack View Post
For some reason, I hate when people who refer to their "Mark Threes" as "Supras." It's like false advertising...
For some reason, I hate the false assumption that a "Supra" has to be always a "Mark Four"...
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #14242
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,645
Total Cats: 1,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
2 1gb DDR3 sticks for the normal speed slots, and 2 4gb for high speed.
Ah.

Yes.

Obviously.

Honestly, I don't suck this much at math in real life.
Joe Perez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #14243
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 176
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
For some reason, I hate the false assumption that a "Supra" has to be always a "Mark Four"...
When I say "for some reason," it means I can't quite pinpoint it.

I would venture that, when you say "for some reason," it is equivalent to "because you own a Mark Three."

For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
Because I own a Mark Three, I hate the false assumption that a "Supra" has to be always a "Mark Four"...




Just bustin' yer chops.

Mostly. That is an actual pet peeve of mine.
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #14244
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,687
Total Cats: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Jack View Post
When I say "for some reason," it means I can't quite pinpoint it.

I would venture that, when you say "for some reason," it is equivalent to "because you own a Mark Three."

For example:







Just bustin' yer chops.

Mostly. That is an actual pet peeve of mine.
I know, and I love you too.
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #14245
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,687
Total Cats: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Ah.

Yes.

Obviously.

Honestly, I don't suck this much at math in real life.
We all have those moments



Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #14246
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 18,765
Total Cats: 324
Default

A supra will always be a celica submodel to me.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #14247
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,392
Total Cats: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
A supra will always be a celica submodel to me.
Yep. Six cylinder Celica.


BTW, the new Scion BRZ thingie should have been called Toyota Celica instead of random letters with no real interest value or historical context.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #14248
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 3,778
Total Cats: 35
Default

I'll give it a shot.

Scion Front engine Rear wheel drive Sports car
Subaru Boxer RZ I give up.
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #14249
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,687
Total Cats: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
A supra will always be a celica submodel to me.
Dont lie, you would totally own the Celica Supra still.
Attached Thumbnails
How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair-130_0904_05_z-1985_toyota_celica_supra-front_view.jpg  
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #14250
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -28
Default

I have a soft spot for the MKIII Poopra and the FC RX7
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #14251
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,687
Total Cats: 91
Default

I would happily be driving mine right about now if I got of my lazy *** and dropped off the engine at the machine shop two weeks ago. But now its gotta wait till I get back from VA.

went from this


to this in my garage.
Attached Thumbnails
How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair-563898_462837587071145_835064124_n.jpg   How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair-260187_462837560404481_2114318597_n.jpg  
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #14252
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 176
Default

This is my buddy's car. It makes WHP in the four digits and has run over 200 MPH in the standing mile.








It's still a Mark Three.
Attached Thumbnails
How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair-cimg2317.jpg   How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair-10334_180753515609_572925609_434680.jpg   How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair-img_0240.jpg  
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #14253
A living god
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 5,932
Total Cats: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
I have a soft spot for the MKIII Poopra and the FC RX7
Same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
went from this
to this in my garage.
I am envious of your car.
viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #14254
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,480
Total Cats: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
Dont lie, you would totally own the Celica Supra still.
When I was in grade school, my best friend's older brother drove a black Celica Supra. Then for his 18th birthday his parents bought him a used Firebird and he sold the Supra.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:06 AM   #14255
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,645
Total Cats: 1,562
Default

So, apparently there is an actual World Pipe Smoking Championship.
Joe Perez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #14256
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
So, apparently there is an actual World Pipe Smoking Championship.
I'm sure there are some GREAT mustaches there
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #14257
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -28
Default

there are some ********* on FB talking about supercharging a car (centrifugally) and why it's so much better than a turbocharging because it won't have lag. this **** is making my head hurt and I really want to drop a knowledge bomb on their domes.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #14258
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -28
Default

OMG this kid is saying not to get a turbo kit because TIRES become a problem

WTF
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #14259
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,687
Total Cats: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
there are some ********* on FB talking about supercharging a car (centrifugally) and why it's so much better than a turbocharging because it won't have lag. this **** is making my head hurt and I really want to drop a knowledge bomb on their domes.
do eeet.
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #14260
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -28
Default

it's been done. I make 2x the power his shitbox is going to make and my car weighs less but I have traction because I don't cheap out on ******* tires.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uconn Car Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 1 01-23-2016 10:17 PM
Uconn Car Show Sat, April 9th 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 7 04-11-2011 11:00 AM
Uconn Car Club Spring 2010 Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 92 04-12-2010 06:20 PM
anual uconn car show/meet 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 0 02-19-2008 10:03 PM


Tags
brain <3 me, brainy <3s hollywood, cancerous testicles, cuban caveman, furry barnacle, get fragged faeflora, joe p for prez, lyrical joe perez, not hit block, peter falk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 AM.