If FEMA had the bicycles, would it fund Hustler's manlet bib? - Page 219 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2016, 08:47 PM   #4361
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,671
Total Cats: 1,573
Default

3M's DP 190 epoxy bonds dissimilar materials together stronger than true love. It's what the e-bike guys use to bond steel torque plates to the dropouts on aluminum frames. Can be had for around $15 shipped on ebay. A little hard to dispense without the gun (unequal parts are used) but it's good stuff.
Joe Perez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:13 PM   #4362
Junior Member
 
nick470's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 68
Total Cats: 8
Default

I like bicycles. This thing needs the shitty single can rear shock replaced, some burlier wheels, and a proper chainguide... But the Miata is getting all the attention for now.



nick470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:23 PM   #4363
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 772
Total Cats: 41
Default

Been insanely hot here lately, heat index over 100 for the last few days. So a few of us decided to do an early morning ride, little 25 mile thing. Well I got a little ahead of myself, figured let me ride to the meet spot 15 miles away, do the ride, and then go home. All was good until I got back from the ride and still felt good (around 10:30am) so I decided to keep pushing myself. By the time noon-12:30 hit, it got HOT and I was really regretting it. Managed to get home at 2:30, not bad considering I left at 7am. I would definitely do the long ride again, but not on a 100*+ day. Also realized my bibs aren't cutting it past the 50-60 mile mark so I'm going to look into getting another pair. How do you guys feel about the foam vs gel feel? I have Performance Elite bibs now, they're OK, but i feel like the chamois ends really low on the backside so I almost have to pull them up really high or I'm sitting right on where the padding ends. I don't know if that's because I got a large and should really have gotten a medium, feel like the issue would be worse with the mediums though



Mazdaspeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:15 PM   #4364
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 13,399
Total Cats: 829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazdaspeeder View Post
Also realized my bibs aren't cutting it past the 50-60 mile mark so I'm going to look into getting another pair. How do you guys feel about the foam vs gel feel? I have Performance Elite bibs now, they're OK, but i feel like the chamois ends really low on the backside so I almost have to pull them up really high or I'm sitting right on where the padding ends.
Castelli's X2 Progetto pad is my favorite. Good bib shorts are worth spending money on, IMO. ($100+ minimum)
Savington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:24 PM   #4365
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
TurboTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chesterfield, NJ
Posts: 6,177
Total Cats: 198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazdaspeeder View Post
I can almost see you!

My $40 Specialized RBX Sport bibs get funny after 2-3 hours. My Voler felt great on my ~6hr century.

This is with specialized Toupe Gel seat, which is thin and can't have much gel there.
TurboTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:27 PM   #4366
Junior Member
 
nick470's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 68
Total Cats: 8
Default

Anyone going to Miatas @ MRLS and want to sneak in a mtb ride??? I just came to the conclusion that I should bring a bike
nick470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:28 PM   #4367
SadFab Sales Lady
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 14,841
Total Cats: 936
Default

Will ride if someone brings me a bike lol. Any good rides in the area?
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:36 PM   #4368
Junior Member
 
nick470's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 68
Total Cats: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidandj View Post
Will ride if someone brings me a bike lol. Any good rides in the area?
I've got a bunch of friends that I used to race bikes with who grew up riding around the Bay Area. I'm sure I could get some beta on fun trails to ride around there. As far as bikes, I might be able to scrounge something together but no guarantees (yet)
nick470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:41 PM   #4369
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,537
Total Cats: 840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick470 View Post
Anyone going to Miatas @ MRLS and want to sneak in a mtb ride??? I just came to the conclusion that I should bring a bike
That might be fun. If the main access road is open, there are some great road that go through Fort Ord. Hilly and windswept, no cars. I've done road races on them. Not sure what, if any mtb trails there are though. Most of the stuff used for Sea Otter is only open for that event I think.
A few years back Speed Ventures was able to get a group of us access to the road course for an hour before sunset.
emilio700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:28 PM   #4370
Junior Member
 
nick470's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 68
Total Cats: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
That might be fun. If the main access road is open, there are some great road that go through Fort Ord. Hilly and windswept, no cars. I've done road races on them. Not sure what, if any mtb trails there are though. Most of the stuff used for Sea Otter is only open for that event I think.
A few years back Speed Ventures was able to get a group of us access to the road course for an hour before sunset.
Some quick Googling found me this: Pipeline Loop Mountain Bike Trail, Salinas, California Looks like it could be a fun option. Still have yet to ask local friends what they would recommend.
nick470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:04 PM   #4371
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 772
Total Cats: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTim View Post
I can almost see you!

My $40 Specialized RBX Sport bibs get funny after 2-3 hours. My Voler felt great on my ~6hr century.

This is with specialized Toupe Gel seat, which is thin and can't have much gel there.
Join me, I'm doing a few longer rides in the next few weeks to prep for a long ride. Actually, check out the ride, looks fun, registration is super cheap, and there's food and stuff along the way.

2016 Scenic Schuylkill Century Home Page
Route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/15211443

I signed up for the full century route. If you're a BCP member it's $21 and you get a pair of socks for entering. For non BCP members if you sign up by Aug 21st it's $26. Even the most expensive registration (after Sept 4th for non members) is only $36.
Mazdaspeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:50 AM   #4372
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 2,631
Total Cats: 60
Default

get assos bib. your *** will thank you.

price is high, but they last forever.
shlammed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:02 PM   #4373
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlammed View Post
get assos bib. your *** will thank you.

price is high, but they last forever.
$$$$
I dig my Jakroo stuff.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:58 PM   #4374
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Last night I had the luxury or working with a gentleman who asked my about my broken wing and then, after strongly requesting we not have this conversation, he advised me that he HATES cyclists, he believes that his $75 car registration fee covers new roads and maintenance, and thinks cyclists should not ride on the shoulder. Then really went insane and said that he believes the estate/families of cyclists hit by drivers should have to compensate the drivers for the emotional distress caused by cyclists for getting run over. It's tough to believe these people are real.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:00 PM   #4375
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,537
Total Cats: 840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Last night I had the luxury or working with a gentleman who asked my about my broken wing and then, after strongly requesting we not have this conversation, he advised me that he HATES cyclists, he believes that his $75 car registration fee covers new roads and maintenance, and thinks cyclists should not ride on the shoulder. Then really went insane and said that he believes the estate/families of cyclists hit by drivers should have to compensate the drivers for the emotional distress caused by cyclists for getting run over. It's tough to believe these people are real.
Did you punch him in the dick? I would have.
emilio700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:10 PM   #4376
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
Did you punch him in the dick? I would have.
It was so dumb, been down this road before. I pleaded with him to go away, assured him there is not point in continuing the conversation, but he just could not help himself. I bet he felt like a man, all 5'4" and fat as ****. What a moron.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:44 PM   #4377
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Local shop memorial for me:
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:56 PM   #4378
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,537
Total Cats: 840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
It was so dumb, been down this road before. I pleaded with him to go away, assured him there is not point in continuing the conversation, but he just could not help himself. I bet he felt like a man, all 5'4" and fat as ****. What a moron.
I would have asked his name and filmed it on my phone, then posted to facebook. Let the interweb have it's manly way with him.
emilio700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:06 AM   #4379
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 638
Total Cats: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick470 View Post
Anyone going to Miatas @ MRLS and want to sneak in a mtb ride??? I just came to the conclusion that I should bring a bike
Soquel Demonstration Forest. The flow trail is my jam. It is a bit of a drive from Monterey though... Maybe I should mount a bike rack on the roll bar of the Exocet and bring my bike?
gesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #4380
Junior Member
 
nick470's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 68
Total Cats: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesso View Post
Soquel Demonstration Forest. The flow trail is my jam. It is a bit of a drive from Monterey though... Maybe I should mount a bike rack on the roll bar of the Exocet and bring my bike?
Please please do that. I'll be trailering my car from CO, so I'll have a truck we could load several people into and head off to whatever trail people want to ride. I checked out Soquel online and it looks awesome, but it's definitely a hike to get there. Not sure how timing would work out... I suppose we could bring lights and night ride it without any time constraints.

Shoot me a PM and we can figure out details. Same goes for anyone else who's interested in going for a ride.

nick470 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Generation Wuss sixshooter Current Events, News, Politics 650 Today 07:00 PM
New (4) 15x9 Gen 4 Tungsten 6UL's and (8) Black Alloy 949Racing Valve Stems $750 TurboTim Miata parts for sale/trade 4 10-05-2016 05:00 PM
15 Months & Counting - '92 Mariner Blue 1.8 Turbo Build OGWar Build Threads 53 09-14-2016 12:32 PM
WTB- 1.6L Jackson Racing Header Cxracer WTB 7 05-01-2016 10:40 AM


Tags
'gnolo > *, 3k bicycle 2k miata, beer hand up, carbonlust, crossbike > *, douche pedestrians, fenders, fit assholes, prostate cancer, sur la plaque, virgin engineers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:56 PM.