For samsung epic only
go into your contacts, select a contact, look at the "joined contacts" section of the contact. if it has a google "g" there, then it's saved to google. When you create a new contact, do you save it as a "google" contact, or a "phone" contact? "google" contacts save on google's servers to your google account. "phone" contacts are locally stored in phone memory.
Download and install these:
ODIN phone drivers under "software"
Download the ROM from one of the 3 links on this page (about 300mb):
, use the EB13 update here - 290MB (the EC05 was just a small update to the EB13. EB13 Is the original FROYO OS, and might make for a much easier install given the information in the thread):
IMPORTANT: Make sure you have installed the drivers before starting. Also, remove the SD card from the phone (this may not be necessary, but having the SD card installed has caused Odin to fail for a number of people, so might as well just do it).
1. Open ODIN on your PC (desktops are preferred over laptops and use a USB port that is directly soldered into the motherboard).
2. Put your phone in download mode (Shut it off, wait for lights to all go out, then hold 1 on the keyboard while powering up). Please note that if your phone doesn't go into download mode it is in all probability that you were pushing down on more than the single number 1 key. The download mode shows an Android using a tool to dig through a pile of rubble (no kidding).
3. Connect phone (you should see odin put a Com4 or something like that in the first box. The actual number is NOT important what is important is something popped up there when you connected your device, meaning ODIN can see it)
4. Select the victory_8G_100528.pit on the right in the pit section I didn't even know what this file was originally, so I ignored this instruction.
5. In the PDA Section place the
full Stock DI18 tar (SPH-D700-DI18-8Gb-REL.tar.md5 approx 255 MB)
for a full wipe and full return to stock.
You can get the file from a number of sources here: http://www.multiupload.com/X9AB1U56JV (Use the EB13 link i gave you above)
6. Hit start. It will do its thing. Doesn't take long you can see the progress bar. If it sits on File Analysis for longer than 30 seconds its not going to happen. See the troubleshoot section below.
7. Device should reboot and should be done.