Yet Another Gun Thread - Page 179 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2013, 03:34 AM   #3561
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Eureka, Ca
Posts: 150
Total Cats: -21
Default

Any recommendations for wear too find 7.6225 ammo for my cz 52. I meed some clips too. At least three more for now. I live in the republic of California
. Where I'm an evil person for owning a gun. I must have BAD intentions.
old school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #3562
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 8,741
Total Cats: 748
Default

Do you have stains on your shirt?
Are you missing fingers?
Do you prefer to pay in cash?
Do you have more than 7 days worth of food in your house?
Have you accumulated any firearms and or ammunition?
Do you find yourself agreeing with a Third Party?

Congratulations, terrorist. Don't eat in my cafe.

As for 7.62x25, dude, internet. How far north are you? Cabelas in Reno maybe? Also: Clips? Not magazines?
EO2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #3563
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default







elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #3564
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beckley, WV
Posts: 868
Total Cats: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EO2K View Post
I just wish I could find 2 frickin LPKs.

Bravo actually shipped my above lightweight yesterday, so now my brother an I both need LPKs to finish our builds (lightweight is for him.)

After that I want to build a 20" A2 clone, or maybe an A4 if I can find a decent price on a KAC M5 RAS and an ACOG. And get married and sell my rotrex and finish hoarding parts for a turbo install...
Wish I would of caught the lightweigt. I have a quadrail ready to swap onto what ever upper I get. Still watching waiting
Tekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #3565
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 8,741
Total Cats: 748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekel View Post
Wish I would of caught the lightweigt. I have a quadrail ready to swap onto what ever upper I get. Still watching waiting
Bravo is not the cheapest out there, but their website is one of the few I've found that will let you sign up for notifications for stock updates on individual products. I'm chained to a computer all day, so when I get one of those notifications, I jump.

Anyone else know of any sites what have similar notification schemes? I'm all ears.
EO2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #3566
Elite Member
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,184
Total Cats: 321
Default

Ooooh, Mauser broomhandle. I always liked the look of that one.
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #3567
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 8,741
Total Cats: 748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EO2K View Post
Bravo is not the cheapest out there, but their website is one of the few I've found that will let you sign up for notifications for stock updates on individual products. I'm chained to a computer all day, so when I get one of those notifications, I jump.

Anyone else know of any sites what have similar notification schemes? I'm all ears.
Looks like Brownells does this as well.

Found LPKs in stock at CTD, unspecified manufacturer. I'm guessing its a mutt combination of parts, just says "Made in the USA" and its $129

I'm not paying that when I can buy a Double Star/High Standard/CMMG/DPMS/RIA/Bushmaster basic LPK for literally 1/2 that price. Screw CTD.
EO2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #3568
Miotta FTW!
iTrader: (24)
 
Splitime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 4,216
Total Cats: 21
Default

Cheaper Than Dirt is the scummy bottomside of the gun market. Never will I spend money with them, despite them trying to jump on the "I won't sell to those states" wagon.

Email notifications reminds me though that I need to get on a list for the BCM charging handles, i'd like to upgrade the one on my race gun... its the only 'cheap' part on it at this point.
Splitime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #3569
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 177
Default

I can't handle the response time necessary to get on and purchase the parts when they come in. :(
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #3570
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
samnavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Posts: 5,837
Total Cats: 143
Default

Am getting daily email notifications from FreedomAmmunition for 1000rd 9mm 115gr FMJ. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now, and I've been sitting at my computer when the email hits several times. I've been leaving the FA website up to the right page, hit refresh, and they're already out of stock.

I saw a post that spoke to it... they put the stock up when they have 100,000rds ready to go, which means 100 buyers, and it sells out within seconds of sending the email because of people doing exactly what I'm doing... literally seconds from the time the guy in the sales office hits "SEND" to the time all 100 orders are filled.

I guess it all depends on how fast your email works and your internet speed.

Oh well. Gonna be at Walmart tomorrow morning and see if I can score anything when they stock the shelves.
samnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #3571
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,485
Total Cats: 373
Default

I've been trying to total up what I've spent to build this AR but I can't figure out or remember where I got the Magpul MBUS rear sight. I've searched my Gmail, I've looked through my paypal, I've checked PM's on as many gun forums as I can think of.

Where did I get the stupid thing?
mgeoffriau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #3572
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 8,741
Total Cats: 748
Default

I was at WalMart and Dicks today at lunch looking for 12ga. Both have tons of 20ga and a little .410, but nothing in 12, not even slugs. There was also a random collection of stuff like 7 Mag and .300 Win Mag, but nothing in anything I could consider a "popular" caliber.
EO2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #3573
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 177
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
I've been trying to total up what I've spent to build this AR but I can't figure out or remember where I got the Magpul MBUS rear sight. I've searched my Gmail, I've looked through my paypal, I've checked PM's on as many gun forums as I can think of.

Where did I get the stupid thing?
Amazon.com?
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #3574
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,485
Total Cats: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Jack View Post
Amazon.com?
The order confirmation email would have shown up when I searched my Gmail...AND I checked my Amazon order history just in case I mistakenly deleted the email. Nope.

All I can figure is that I bought it from some gun forum in which I don't have it set to send PM's to my email (or in which the notification doesn't contain the content of the PM), and I haven't checked that forum yet.

But even that seems unlikely -- presumably I would have paid with Paypal as I don't bother with anything else at this point for personal payments, and I've gone through the last 6 months of my Paypal account and can't find a payment in the expected range ($25-50) that I can't already account for.

It's maddening. Originally I was just irritated that I couldn't come up with a final total cost for my AR build, but now it's driving me batty that somehow I managed to purchase a product and have ZERO record of that purchase.


EDIT:

Finally figured it out. Searched the term "order" in Gmail and scanned through the timeframe I thought was likely. Finally found an order confirmation email and a shipping confirmation email from a vendor, but no product listed in the email. Logged on to the site, checked my order history, and there it was.

Yay.

Last edited by mgeoffriau; 03-08-2013 at 08:56 PM.
mgeoffriau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #3575
AFM Crusader
iTrader: (18)
 
olderguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wayne, NJ
Posts: 4,275
Total Cats: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
The order confirmation email would have shown up when I searched my Gmail...AND I checked my Amazon order history just in case I mistakenly deleted the email. Nope.

All I can figure is that I bought it from some gun forum in which I don't have it set to send PM's to my email (or in which the notification doesn't contain the content of the PM), and I haven't checked that forum yet.

But even that seems unlikely -- presumably I would have paid with Paypal as I don't bother with anything else at this point for personal payments, and I've gone through the last 6 months of my Paypal account and can't find a payment in the expected range ($25-50) that I can't already account for.

It's maddening. Originally I was just irritated that I couldn't come up with a final total cost for my AR build, but now it's driving me batty that somehow I managed to purchase a product and have ZERO record of that purchase.


EDIT:

Finally figured it out. Searched the term "order" in Gmail and scanned through the timeframe I thought was likely. Finally found an order confirmation email and a shipping confirmation email from a vendor, but no product listed in the email. Logged on to the site, checked my order history, and there it was.

Yay.
It's hell getting old.
olderguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #3576
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,485
Total Cats: 373
Default

Alright, here's the end result. I'm pretty proud of the final cost, given that I didn't really cheap out on any part of it (though there are certainly some budget quality parts like the Magpul handguard).

Attached Thumbnails
Yet Another Gun Thread-ar15build.jpg  
mgeoffriau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #3577
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SA,TX
Posts: 248
Total Cats: 7
Default

Isnt plum crazy the guys that did a polymer lower?
NastyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #3578
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,485
Total Cats: 373
Default

Yup. That's why I sold it. Opportunity for a nice profit, and I didn't want to be stuck with a polymer lower if this was going to be my only AR.
mgeoffriau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #3579
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SA,TX
Posts: 248
Total Cats: 7
Default

I like the idea of a polymer lower, but I have purchased otherwise. I guess that's why the g36 fascinated me when we got to train with spanish marines back in the day.
NastyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:24 AM   #3580
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Was going through some old pictures in my Picasa web album and located this snapped on November 3rd at a Gun show, same dealer I bought my s2k from:



Thought about buying it just to have, if I only would've known......
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
My solution for Oiltemp and Oilpressure input into Megasuirt (MS3) Zaphod MEGAsquirt 41 01-24-2016 01:25 PM
Going back to stock. Need some 1.6 parts. Trent WTB 2 10-01-2015 01:15 PM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM


Tags
trump 2016

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 PM.