05-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southport, NC
Total Cats: 0
$1000, 208k, and an Engineer in need of a project (w/ pictars!)
Figured I should do some denoobification before doing anything more than lurking around here:
- 24 year old engineer always in need of a project
- A total cheapskate, but willing to shell out the $ to do something right
- Married, but WILL NEVER EVER HAVE KIDS, and the wife allows Miata projects
- I hate debt and paying others to do things for me.
- I live in what is mostly a retirement community near Wilmington, NC :( The local Miata club is a "drive and eat" kinda group.
- 1994 1.8L, No P/S, A/C that doesn't work (charge?)
- Only $1000, was ~60 miles from me, and it could actually be driven home
- Mainly suspension mods right now
- This is our 3rd vehicle, so downtime is OK.
- Go fast goodies >> new paint
- DIYPNP and LC-1 WBO2 going in soon!
- FM cast iron T2 manifold going in a lot later
- Stable build of 175-200 rwhp
Ugly, isn't she? The PO had already killed 2 other Miatas and had bought her 4th when I purchased this one. My other car is in the background.
As I said, I do all my own wrenching. All control arms painted with POR-15 and fitted with ES bushings. Koni Yellows w/ FCM mounts went in with them. Suspension and catch up maintenance came before zoom-zoom.
I've had to resort to creative and destructive ways to remove every friggin piece of this car... including the wheels. Thermal expansion FTW!
Current state of (dis)repair: