08-18-2014, 04:30 AM
Join Date: Aug 2014
Total Cats: 0
I'm new to the forum, not new to the interwebs though...
I live in Holland (not Germany!) (flowers, weed, drugs (weed is not considered a drug here), prostitutes, clogs, cheese) with terrible weather and fat chicks (we have KFC, MCd's and Burger King unfortunately).
And... Miata's (MX5)
Got myself a 1990's 1.6 for about 2 years now, and have been "modding" it to the point (today) where I can finally boost the car. So that is what I am going to do!
I am known to the turbo scene (1987 MR2 with 3SGTE engine 487hp/c) and working on some Supra's and 'ondas @ Suprasport Holland in my spare time. Also known in swapping engines and engine work (except bearings and pistons, I hate them!!!)
1990 Pink/Red Miata 1.6 manual (we don't have Automatics, people here know how a gearbox works) import from the US of Murica
All bushes changed to IL Motorsport bushings, Koni yellows, 15x7 (tires are ridiculously expensive here)
Il Motorsport header, de-cat (no cat required here for pre-1997 cars ) Custom Aluminum rad (for better IC position), NB Torsen diff and some more goodies.
Going to boost the car, not really known yet how to do that… not looking for 300-400-100000 hp, looking for something like 200 on the rear wheels. got some options that I am researching, some are:
- Getting a 323/Familia half cut/crashed car and transplanting the lot
- Using a 323/Familia ECU on the car and build own setup
- MS, but not really sure if I want to go there, I am used to Hydra and AEM, but for the Miata MS would be more than capable. Building a DITPNP or buy one, no idea yet…
- Swapping an engine (K20, 3SGE beams) and boost that, not really preferred but the 1.6 is not really torque happy, but using a “small-ish” turbo would work for me
- Supercharging, but I like top end power, so this will probably not happen
Budget will be around 1500Euro’s (2000 dollars) if I go BP6 engine or 3000Euro's if swapping engines. Will do all the work myself in my own garage, not in a hurry, going to build up a separate engine and drop it in when everything is done and dyno’ed (engine dyno)
I like people, I ask questions and I like to answer them. I have been reading here for about 2 years now and have seen the “hospitality” that some members here offer to new members, so please do..