Nice to meet you all, I'm an ex mechanic/software guy in the NYC area.
This is my first miata, first convertible, and first rwd “sports car”.
before this I’ve owned a bunch of other cars, many of which cost ~$1000. there were 2 new ones in there, but I didn’t keep them long.
Before this I’ve had:
1996 Jeep Cherokee
198? buick century
2003 Civic Si (wheels, seats and radio stolen multiple times)
1986 VW GTI 8v
1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 (big 16g, lots o mods)
1987 Jaguar XJ6
199? MK3 Jetta Trek
1989 BMW 325e
199? Volvo 240 sedan auto
199? Volvo 240 sedan 5spd
2006 VW GTI
1973 VW Squareback
199? VW Corrado G60
199? Volvo Turbo Wagon (traded the corrado for this, bad move)
1989 Jeep Cherokee
1998 VW Beetle (Current, driven cross country from CA to NY)
1998 Dodge Durango
2001 CLK 430 (for sale, current "other car")
2008 Toyota Prius (wife’s car)
Before this miata I’ve been driving the beetle and my wife’s prius for the past 5 years.
Picked it up from a friend who decided he couldn't deal with a car that had dings and an ugly roof.
He had it about 3 days when he decided it was a bit too rough for his tastes (small leak from top, ripped seat, some rust bubbling up near windshield). He started talking about selling it so I jumped at the chance and sent him a deposit.
I went a bit crazy ordering parts.
Where it's at at the moment. Making about 12 psi.
* voodoo shift ****
* Hard Dog Hard Core Double Diagonal Roll Bar (AKA HDHCDDRB)
* Some Shitty Pioneer Head Unit
* AEM Wideband O2
* Racing Beat Muffler
* RoadsterSport Midpipe
* New Shift Boots
* Royal Purple Oil + Filter
* Slim Fans
* Flyin Miata Springs
* Tokiko Illumia Shocks
* Flyin Miata Sways (front and rear)
* BFG Rivals on the stock rims
* Jakcson Racing Air filter (Now removed and for sale)
* Randall Carbon Fiber Intake (Now removed and for sale)
* New NGK Plugs & wires
* Hardwired V1
* Kraftwerks Rotrex Supercharger Kit
* Mazdaspeed Miata injectors
* Track Dog racing fuel "power card"
* track dog racing timing card
* Track Dog Racing Intercooler
* 3d printed sun visor blanks
* No PS (looped lines)
* Icy Cold AC
* 15PSI VDO boost Gauge
* Daieki Hub
* Momo Corse Wheel
* Flyin Miata Happy Meal Clutch + Lightweight Flywheel
* kraftwerks 75MM pulley
I've done all the work and tuning myself, so there's plenty of hacks, but overall I'm pretty happy.
Not sure why I'm screwing up posting photos, but I'll figure it out.