I purchases an 05 MSM (Ti Gray, I think they call it). I bought it with the intent of modding it as I am finished with modding my 05 Legacy GT.
For whatever reason, I could not see myself ripping out the entire turbo system and replacing it. So my plans are as follows:
1. Upgraded stock turbo (currently being built at BNR Supercars) - EVO3 16G compressor wheel and new comp housing clocked to stock location. It will have a 2.5" inlet as opposed to 1.75". New TD05 turbine wheel in the stock turbine housing. This turbo is capable of 39lb/min of flow and I am told it should be able to reach full boost by 3600rpm.
2. Used Hydra 2.5
3. Ebay FMIC core 27 x 7 x 2.5
4. Deatschwerks 800cc drop in injectors for E85
5. Walboro 255 HP pump
6. New catted DP (can't seem to find a 3" and may have to settle on 2.5" for now)
7. Car already had Borla can and full FM intake
I won't be able to build the engine right away, so I will be stuck with pushing the stock block as far as it will safely go on E85. Maybe you can give me some info on what power level you think this may be (250, 270whp?). Eventually, I will put some new rods and pistons in and turn the boost up to 21psi here at 5200'.
I should not be investing in this project to begin with, lol - so the engine build will have to wait. Eventually, I'd like to be around 350whp.
Anyway, I'll be hanging out here and m-s.com to see if I can learn some more about what to do and what I have done wrong.