Originally Posted by Ben
My opinion, both professional and personal: You're chasing the wrong thing because you initially mis-interpreted a datalog. If you had any map sensor issue, it was probably a kinked hose between your intake manifold the sensor's pressure inlet. A kinked hose will cause slow reporting of pressure changes. I hate to use absolutes (that's a pressure joke, get it?) but there's really no hardware failure possible that would cause "sometimes" slow pressure readings.
You have continued to not demonstrate your reported failure. Meanwhile you have not removed your video that condemns our product for the failure you can't demonstrate--while at the same time you continue to ask for our assistance, but generally not follow advise.
I'm trying to help you here, our whole company is. As are people on this forum. But I can't continue to hold your hand as you go further down the wrong rabbit hole.
I've been dealing with Matt via email and he has been helpful. I dont see anywhere within this thread that I haven't been following advice or suggestions people have made.
As for your comments, I don't see any helpful advice except for asking me to take down a video. I have tried 3 map sensors. Would you like me to take a photograph of my map sensor setup? There is no kinked hose, its probably as straight as you can get with a hose. Much better than pulling hose through the firewall like the original DIYPNP design is made for.
Yes, I made an error in reading a pressure signal. I deal with gas in pipes all day in my work and forgive me because we use gauge pressure for all our readings. Even if it is reading a map signal, I honestly don't see a suggestion from you for what else to test. On the other hand, Reverant has at least suggested for me to probe the board and see whats going on.
Of course I won't remove my video. There is nothing in this thread that suggests map sensor failure, or any mechanical failure. I have done my compression tests and leak downs, mechanically everything is firing, I have tested my coilpacks and spark plugs, everything checks out?
How do I know this? I had to borrow a Vipec V88 and order a boomslang harness for temporary use. Let me say this, the car runs fine and it is using the same hardware and sensors. Want video proof? This whole thread seems to be about proving ME wrong, which I have expected from the beginning seeing as this board has a high population with Megasquirt users.
If I'm wrong, then please put it plain and simple for me: What should I test and what should I be expecting to see from these tests? Funny thing is that Matt has actually been trying to help me diagnose the board, vs. you seem to be hung up on mechanical,wiring, etc issues.
EDIT: If its not a map sensor failure (seeing as we have tested all 3, and through email DIYAutotune has confirmed what I'm seeing is correct, then what else could it be?
Originally Posted by Braineack
I have feeling the map sensor is working properly but you have a mechanical failure that is showing up on the logs and you're misdiagnosing the failure.
Braineack, I have been running the car successfully these past few weeks using a Vipec. There is no mechanical failure.
As for those being so hung up on the log files and tune file not being uploaded, well they have been attached so please enlighten me. I have nothing to hide with this issue and I think I have showed pretty good cooperation with trying to reply in a timely response. In the attached logs there is a log from going to close to top of 6th, and then the other two are from the trackday that I was logging in the pits.
Although this thread has been useful, I have also been doing my own due diligence and trying to sort this issue out by testing all the individual components.
If there is one bone to pick with DIYAutotune its that there is no phone number to call. If this was my daily driver I'd be pretty frustrated seeing as the car was down for a couple of weeks.