09-30-2014, 11:22 PM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Total Cats: 67
Originally Posted by DNMakinson
1) My issue was only evident at small pulse widths when variable dead time occurs.
2) Not related to your issue... but, turn off Barr Corr (not needed).
3) I would not do any spark cuts (like Rev Limit) on an engine with a CAT. No stories to tell, just doesn't seem like the way to go.
4) EGO is set to Simple, rather than No Correction, but only active over 6500RPM, so that is not it either.
5) On these logs I see transients that last about 0.6 seconds, then a rather steady situation. I see the places where you have the 13+ AFR's but I do not see a comparison log where you see <13 AFR (the ones you like). I've looked at some of your other logs as well, that do have some runs at lower AFR, and cannot see where the fueling is being called for differently enough to account for he difference in AFR.
6) My only hypothesis is non-steady state CAT effects, as your WBO2 is after the pre-cat.
I hate you are still fighting this.
1) Ah, okay. I'd been busy and hadn't done more than skim the thread. Classes are crazy atm.
2) Will do.
3) Yeahhhhh. Seeing as I have 2 cats, probably would be the smart idea. I had the same warnings when I set it though, really don't have a valid defense for why I chose to do it anyway.
4) On no correction now.
5) I've honestly been using AFR Safety as my reference. Car is killed for the first two, all others after are fine. The more pulls i do, the closer to targets it seems to get.
6) That is my only guess as well. Damn California cars. So I think the result might be just putting up with it and trying to behave myself until the exhaust is finished. After that, if the problem still exists, I'll re-approach it.