Is this racist? - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #21
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

So, you are saying that construction workers are on the right, and that the left discriminates against blue collar work?

opcorn: This ought to be good.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #22
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 178
Default

Is it racist that they made the Asian-looking woman eating with chopsticks?
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #23
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

Is it racist that they made the person to be racially abused Asian? So sick of this white people can't be victims of racism. I see it all the time... WHITEBOY.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #24
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Is it racism that I was created in the image of The Lord and my genetic pedigree inspired The Holocaust? Behold my genetic supremacy, Hustler The Aryamehr.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #25
Elite Member
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,687
Total Cats: 560
Default

You wanna see racist? Watch TV. Look at the ads. Your local Home Depot is frequented by black family (with black dad. Yeah, right), and asians, and single (empowered) black chick and oh, by the way, white guy. Maybe some old white lady doing gardening.

You see the ads, you'd think the USA was 75% black, 20% asian, and maybe 2% plain old white people. Blacks are ALWAYS portrayed as the typical family with mom, dad and 2 kids (one boy, one girl, of course). They are ALWAYS portrayed as wearing yuppie middle class clothing, and being the perfect family. If white guys are shown, they're the evil contractors trying to rip you off, being fat slobs, and showing butt crack.

Because, after all, it would be racist for anyone to object to such a typical suburban family, but the minorities scream bloody murder if the same commercial was made the other way around. White males, if shown at all, are the object of derision, being ignorant fools.
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #26
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

Where is the "lady chinky eyes" reference in this thread? I know it saw it somewhere on this forum.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #27
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 19
Default

blackpeoplemeet.com
christianmingle.com (lol)

WHY NO PAGANSINGLES.COM?
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #28
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 201
Total Cats: 3
Default

discrimination? affirmative action
bigx5murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #29
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,680
Total Cats: 1,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
So, you are saying that construction workers are on the right, and that the left discriminates against blue collar work?

opcorn: This ought to be good.
For fun I have decided to employ two common modern leftist debating techniques in answering your question.

First, ignoring the content of the question and mounting a personal attack: "You must be a part of the liberal arts intelligentsia or someone who sympathizes with their worldview and therefore no points you make can be seriously considered and must be dismissed offhand."

Second, establish my rationale as being irrational: "You can't prove to me that anything I said is false because everything I believe is true simply because I believe it is true. I won't be dissuaded by your facts because I know what I know and you are wrong."

I know you had high expectations. Was that good?
sixshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #30
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

lol @ people thinking liberals work in general.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #31
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 178
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead_318 View Post
blackpeoplemeet.com
christianmingle.com (lol)

WHY NO PAGANSINGLES.COM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigx5murf View Post
discrimination? affirmative action
Market opportunity?
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #32
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
So what I see in the poster is the institutional leftist discrimination against blue collar whites. "Hey, uncultured white construction worker. You are most likely to be disrespectful to Asians because you are not enlightened like me. I have a liberal arts degree in something that ends in 'Studies'."
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
For fun I have decided to employ two common modern leftist debating techniques in answering your question.

First, ignoring the content of the question and mounting a personal attack: "You must be a part of the liberal arts intelligentsia or someone who sympathizes with their worldview and therefore no points you make can be seriously considered and must be dismissed offhand."

Second, establish my rationale as being irrational: "You can't prove to me that anything I said is false because everything I believe is true simply because I believe it is true. I won't be dissuaded by your facts because I know what I know and you are wrong."

I know you had high expectations. Was that good?
"institutional leftist discrimination against blue collar whites".

So, the left discriminates (Institutional discrimination, remember?) against blue collar workers (Or, if you will, blue collar work). The first half of my statement is true. Or are you claiming that you did not say the following above?

Quote:
So what I see in the poster is the institutional leftist discrimination against blue collar whites
Inversely, since the left discriminates against blue collar work, this would mean that they (blue collar workers) would typically be on the right.

Uh oh. Did I catch you doing something against the left, and then proceeded to do the same thing on the right - and you took exception when I used that behavior on the right?

Last edited by blaen99; 01-10-2012 at 05:04 PM.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: south africa
Posts: 126
Total Cats: 1
Default

You guys really entertain me with the political correct approach towards your politics and I really do care about who is in charge of the US cause it really does influence the whole ------ globe....but on a lighter note .....you guys think you have a problem with Obama....our country is being run by a president whom.....;
1.SAYS TO THE PRESS IN PUBLIC AS A COMMENT ON A RAPE CHARGE THAT HES NOT SCARED OR AFFRAID OF AIDS CAUSE HE TOOK A COLD SHOWER AFTER SEX?????
2.Has several wives LEGITAMATELY??????
3.Blames every problem inthe current regime on a regime thats nearly extinct for almost twenty years now...
4.Our currency dropped in value by almost 150%
5.Is killing (litterally) and taxing with affirmative action, a MINORITY group (less than 10% of the population)
6.Managing to pass legislation that entitles them to reposses land with claims without compensation to the rightfull owner thereoff....becoming a serious Zimbabwe threat...
7.Where you get shot in your own home by trespassers wanting to rob you without the police or any kind or form of the authorities even bothering show up after several desperate phone calls....(multiple occasions and when you do reach the police they tell you they only have a single patrol car and its currently undergoing repairs)this is in the third largest city in the country....

Just for your enjoyment and to realise that your not really as far gone as you think....but food for thought!happy new year and blessing to all fellow miata fans!
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #34
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Wow Oldschool, you have my utmost condolences.

I just argue in here for fun and to pass the time. I.e., I only get into it hot and heavy with Brainy 'cause I respect the hell out of the dude and it's fun to argue with him, not because of any overriding political bent. I can't speak for anyone else, but it would seriously surprise me if I was the only one.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #35
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,896
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
lol @ people thinking liberals work in general.
I wrote a song for you:

Come on underachievers
Come on all you underpass believers
We’ll give you the skill for street livin’
It feels pretty great to just give in,
so just give in

Dropouts, repeat offenders
We’ll take the weary, weak, the street bartenders
Show ‘em the best times are on the street
Satisfaction through the thrill of defeat,
ain’t it sweet

Once you stop yourself from caring
About owning stuff, that’s when you wanna start sharing
Cuz all the things we want are cheap or free
I define success as not working
and I live like a king

We’ve got no competition
We’ve got no accomplished mission
We just wanna live and let others live
Of course we’ll take anything you wanna give,
so ------- give

Come on, dance like a retard
Life’s an endless party not a punch card
I don’t understand some people’s drive
Let’s just ---- and drink and be alive,
not just survive.
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #36
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

I think there is some confusion between racism and prejudice in this thread. But still lul read.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #37
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Sentic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 435
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
Is this Stockholm?
I don't get this, care to explain?
/swede
Sentic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #38
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentic View Post
I don't get this, care to explain?
/swede
He's trolling you.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #39
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,896
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

it made more sense 4 months ago when it happened...
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #40
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,680
Total Cats: 1,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
"institutional leftist discrimination against blue collar whites".

So, the left discriminates (Institutional discrimination, remember?) against blue collar workers (Or, if you will, blue collar work). The first half of my statement is true. Or are you claiming that you did not say the following above?

Inversely, since the left discriminates against blue collar work, this would mean that they (blue collar workers) would typically be on the right.

Uh oh. Did I catch you doing something against the left, and then proceeded to do the same thing on the right - and you took exception when I used that behavior on the right?
Do I have to say rednecks for you to understand it? I was trying not to but there it is. The liberals in academia and their pointy-headed followers look down on blue collar workers and think they are all racist rednecks, including the union trolls that are also in their party. They look at them as the "useful idiots" of their political movement, which is a term widely attributed to Vladimir Lenin but that doesn't appear in any of his published works.

And I never said that the left discriminates against blue collar work. Do not manufacture things that you may perceive but that I haven't said. That is yet another straw man. The left enjoys the fruits of the blue collar work that they have successfully unionized into funding their causes. The elites still look down upon them as proles.

And yes, the vast majority of non-union, non-minority, blue collar workers are right-leaning.

And I can't make heads or tails of your last couple of sentences but if it was based on attacking me for the false premise you attributed to me just before it, go ahead and knock that straw man down with a vengeance.
sixshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Something everyone should read about Ron Paul. gearhead_318 Current Events, News, Politics 57 01-06-2012 09:33 PM
Roommate wanted in SF matthewdesigns Insert BS here 5 08-22-2011 03:16 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 PM.