Need help - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


DIY Turbo Discussion greddy on a 1.8? homebrew kit?

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2016, 11:31 PM   #1
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 8
Total Cats: -8
Default Need help

I have a '94 1.8 Miata. I've been wanting to turbo for a while and I recently got a Garrett GT40, checked serial numbers Imani it is genuine. I do want to keep power steering and AC. Where do I go from here? What parts are the best for 1.8 with a Garrett gt40? The whole process seems slightly overwhelming and any help is appreciated.
kyletschirhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 11:39 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 435
Total Cats: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyletschirhart View Post
I have a '94 1.8 Miata. I've been wanting to turbo for a while and I recently got a Garrett GT40, checked serial numbers Imani it is genuine. I do want to keep power steering and AC. Where do I go from here? What parts are the best for 1.8 with a Garrett gt40? The whole process seems slightly overwhelming and any help is appreciated.
1. Manifold, downpipe, exhaust
2. ECU - MS2 or MS3
3. Injectors, flowforce EV14 or ID1000
4. intercooler and piping
5. BOV
6. wideband & GM IAT sensor

put all that on the car, tune and boost away.

I do believe GT40 is a huge turbo for the miata though... GT28 is a better size.
borka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:02 AM   #3
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 8
Total Cats: -8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by borka View Post
1. Manifold, downpipe, exhaust
2. ECU - MS2 or MS3
3. Injectors, flowforce EV14 or ID1000
4. intercooler and piping
5. BOV
6. wideband & GM IAT sensor

put all that on the car, tune and boost away.

I do believe GT40 is a huge turbo for the miata though... GT28 is a better size.
okay so what I actually have is a T04B15.
https://garrett.honeywell.com/produc...w=detail&id=16
not sure if this would even remotely work with a miata.
kyletschirhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:37 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 53
Total Cats: 1
Default

Maybe it will fit this - mx5 rotary (cutter)

omnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:10 PM   #5
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,133
Total Cats: 188
Default

I still don't understand the point of this thread ??? Is this an HSN advertisement?
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:29 PM   #6
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 8
Total Cats: -8
Default

Bump
kyletschirhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:51 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 435
Total Cats: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
I still don't understand the point of this thread ??? Is this an HSN advertisement?
Well I gotz this turbozz, and because it's free I hope it fits




Quote:
Originally Posted by kyletschirhart View Post
Bump
Why bump a thread that was bumped 20 mins ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Need help-80-big_turbo_1_c94e75cd7881741a8c98da9e24d80373fd5198f1.jpg  
borka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:21 PM   #8
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,681
Total Cats: 1,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyletschirhart View Post
Bump
Stop bumping threads or I'll bump your *** out of here.

That turbo sucks for use on a Miata. That's what they are telling you. Read the DIY FAQ thread before going further and you will be much better equipped to move forward.
sixshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:53 AM   #9
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 8
Total Cats: -8
Default

Lol ok so the other posts hadn't loaded which is why I bumped it. Got my money back for the turbo so everyone can calm down
kyletschirhart is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2002 Miata SE Turbo, Titanium Gray, Saddle leather, Low Miles gtiracer06 Cars for sale/trade 6 04-02-2016 03:04 PM
Ultra short turbo drain line midpack DIY Turbo Discussion 23 03-05-2016 09:36 PM
WTB turbo miata Cstuart95 WTB 0 02-29-2016 09:44 AM
Engine wants to die on de-acceleration prior to CL btabor MEGAsquirt 3 02-26-2016 05:50 PM
Best megasquirt numbers before boost Mentalbiker12 General Miata Chat 6 02-26-2016 03:12 PM


Tags
diy, parts, turbo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 PM.