Tan top max HP - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


DIY Turbo Discussion greddy on a 1.8? homebrew kit?

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #21
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 458
Total Cats: 6
Default

Get 3 big bottles of this:



Den turn boost up to 15.75634807psi. Don't go over that or it will go lean.
Attached Thumbnails
Tan top max HP-b384863e.jpg  
MicaCeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #22
Junior Member
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 494
Total Cats: 15
Default

yes, boomboombambam, all of the info you've stated is correct. Don't listen to these fools.
bmxfuel007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #23
Senior Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oakdale, CA
Posts: 1,353
Total Cats: 65
Default

Use 16 blue top injectors and NOZZZZZZ! (that's NOS for normies like yourself)
RyanRaduechel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #24
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 125
Total Cats: -160
Default

Lmao, i did god dam. like 3 different threads said 7.5psi with a 15g though, but i dont see how im running 10, that was the question, and yeah i did research, your just being ignorant. its fine if you dont want to share info, idgaf, but dont bring something up if you wont explain it lol thats just rude. and again, I DID SEARCH.
Boomboombambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #25
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 125
Total Cats: -160
Default

Im really not a bad guy, i dont mean to be rude or anything of the sort, but man, some people suck at their real life, so they try to moderate the crap out of a forum, grow up
Boomboombambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:35 PM   #26
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,524
Total Cats: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomboombambam View Post
Im really not a bad guy, i dont mean to be rude or anything of the sort, but man, some people suck at their real life, so they try to moderate the crap out of a forum, grow up
Pay to play boomboom. Now
Attached Thumbnails
Tan top max HP-12940350307841.jpg  
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #27
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
samnavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Posts: 6,020
Total Cats: 175
Default

Bambam... the variable that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread yet and that is critical to how much power you can make is FUEL PRESSURE. You are not running an ECU, so really the only thing you can control is RATE OF RISE and FUEL PRESSURE.

I ran well over 130psi at the injector for a long time before I got myself a fuel pressure gauge and actually went to a dyno. With my SR20det T25, tan-tops, Walbro 190lphHP, 02clamp, and Bipes... I ran 90-100psi fuel pressure at 14psi boost for the flattest AFR curve I could manage. It was far from flat, but it was as good as bandaids get. That was good for 210whp. I stepped up to 310's and it made zero more power, but I could run slightly lower fuel pressure.

YOU MUST GET A FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE. YOU MUST GET A WIDEBAND. Now you can tune on the street.

When you AFR's are as flat as you can make them on the street, get to a dyno.

Oh yeah... the Greddy fuel pressure device is archaic as far as AFPR's go. Get a used Begi 2025 from the classifieds (or buy one new), and get serious about your tune. With the Begi, you can dial in base-pressure and have an adjustable rate-of-rise on-the-fly. You don't need to swap in discs, so you can do a pull, check your shiz, and use a screwdriver to dial in more or less fuel pressure, then do another pull and check. It's really the only way to go if you're stuck with bandaids.
samnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #28
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 125
Total Cats: -160
Default

Thank you so much samnavy, you honestly just answered my question cheers!
Boomboombambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #29
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 125
Total Cats: -160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder View Post
Pay to play boomboom. Now
LOL you think i got my stuff for free, or? its cool if you take it ---- for your parts, but i perfer cash lol i have the gf for pleasure needs
Boomboombambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #30
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnavy View Post
Bambam... the variable that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread yet and that is critical to how much power you can make is FUEL PRESSURE. You are not running an ECU, so really the only thing you can control is RATE OF RISE and FUEL PRESSURE.

I ran well over 130psi at the injector for a long time before I got myself a fuel pressure gauge and actually went to a dyno. With my SR20det T25, tan-tops, Walbro 190lphHP, 02clamp, and Bipes... I ran 90-100psi fuel pressure at 14psi boost for the flattest AFR curve I could manage. It was far from flat, but it was as good as bandaids get. That was good for 210whp. I stepped up to 310's and it made zero more power, but I could run slightly lower fuel pressure.

YOU MUST GET A FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE. YOU MUST GET A WIDEBAND. Now you can tune on the street.

When you AFR's are as flat as you can make them on the street, get to a dyno.

Oh yeah... the Greddy fuel pressure device is archaic as far as AFPR's go. Get a used Begi 2025 from the classifieds (or buy one new), and get serious about your tune. With the Begi, you can dial in base-pressure and have an adjustable rate-of-rise on-the-fly. You don't need to swap in discs, so you can do a pull, check your shiz, and use a screwdriver to dial in more or less fuel pressure, then do another pull and check. It's really the only way to go if you're stuck with bandaids.
Or just get a megasquirt instead. A MS1 is only a little more than a 2025, and much less than you'll have invested in your kit of bandAIDS.

As a bonus, you'll be able to control any size of injector you can imagine, and don't need to fark around with the bandAIDS.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #31
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,524
Total Cats: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomboombambam View Post
LOL you think i got my stuff for free, or? its cool if you take it ---- for your parts, but i perfer cash lol i have the gf for pleasure needs
Pay, as in getting gangbanged by the locals for stupid questions, and play, as in taking the abuse and finally getting a correct answer.

It's the MT.net way. Now go get your facking shinebox!
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #32
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southlake,Texas
Posts: 3,251
Total Cats: 17
Default

Buy my ms and huge injectors then ---- on all the haterz in this thread
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #33
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 125
Total Cats: -160
Default

Na, they hate because literally, they have nothing better to do lol makes them feel superior? which is weird. Because this is the internet. I dont think theyd hate NEARLY as much if it was in person. LOL
Boomboombambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #34
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,163
Total Cats: 2,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomboombambam View Post
Na, they hate because literally, they have nothing better to do lol makes them feel superior? which is weird. Because this is the internet. I dont think theyd hate NEARLY as much if it was in person. LOL
I'm in Sacramento.

Wanna bet?

Lets do this.

Last edited by 18psi; 05-26-2012 at 07:09 PM.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #35
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,163
Total Cats: 2,573
Default

Also, if you want to run your car vs any of mine, or my friends, let me know. We could meet up tonight.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #36
Junior Member
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 494
Total Cats: 15
Default

video of said meet plz
bmxfuel007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #37
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 125
Total Cats: -160
Default

LOL I would but watching the fights on ppv, come on cain!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boomboombambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #38
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomboombambam View Post
Na, they hate because literally, they have nothing better to do lol makes them feel superior? which is weird. Because this is the internet. I dont think theyd hate NEARLY as much if it was in person. LOL
No, we hate because even when we put something in giant big letters right in front of you, you still don't read it.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #39
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 125
Total Cats: -160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
I'm in Sacramento.

Wanna bet?

Lets do this.
Bet what?
That your gonna hate?
Keep it coo lol this is how people get shot.
Boomboombambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #40
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 125
Total Cats: -160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
No, we hate because even when we put something in giant big letters right in front of you, you still don't read it.
lol read what
Boomboombambam is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
WTB MP62 (Hotside) (NB2) Rick02R WTB 3 01-03-2016 08:18 PM
1991 special edition with hard top full part out JC, NJ russian Miata parts for sale/trade 6 10-08-2015 04:01 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:41 PM.