99 ms3x drop in solution?

 
Old 09-08-2011, 03:17 PM
  #1  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,050
Total Cats: 103
Default 99 ms3x drop in solution?

Is there a drop in pnp solution for 99? I see the ecu for $640 and MegaSquirt Wiring Harness for $78.

Or am i just dumb and it's really that easy as ting into the wiring under the dash that would be going to the stock ecu?
jeff_man is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 03:19 PM
  #2  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (62)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 76,527
Total Cats: 2,306
Default

you can make it drop in
Braineack is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 03:31 PM
  #3  
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,101
Total Cats: 368
Default

You want full stand alone with a pnp harness, wired for sequential fuel. It's not like that thing will come remotely close to posting OBDII readiness codes.

Does anyone care to share their MS3x MSQ for a 99? I'm trying to figure out how to set-up the crank trigger, cam sync, and sequential fuel.

That car is really going to rip now.
hustler is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 04:34 PM
  #4  
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (10)
 
Reverant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 5,590
Total Cats: 244
Default

I'll be doing a group buy in a few days. I already have plenty of MS3 boards to go around.
__________________
Originally Posted by ninerwfo View Post
The “into to megasquirt thread” mentions that the MS3 basic has 5 inputs with built in pull up resistors - and I was just wondering why it would have so many, while the MS3Pro PnP has just 2 (with no pull ups?)
MS Labs: Plug and Play Megasquirt ECUs for ANY 90-05 Miata (NA, NB1, NB2 w/VVT, MSM), including basemaps to get you started ASAP. PM me or email or details.
For support on MS Labs ECUs: Please email, be sure to include the unit's serial number and include a datalog and your current map.
Reverant is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 04:39 PM
  #5  
VladiTuned
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 35,199
Total Cats: 3,167
Default

Reverant is a BOSS just order from him
18psi is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 04:57 PM
  #6  
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,101
Total Cats: 368
Default

Originally Posted by Reverant View Post
I'll be doing a group buy in a few days. I already have plenty of MS3 boards to go around.
I may get one if the price is right. You can throw ours in the same box.
hustler is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 04:59 PM
  #7  
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (10)
 
Reverant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 5,590
Total Cats: 244
Default

Looking at less than $600 if possible.
__________________
Originally Posted by ninerwfo View Post
The “into to megasquirt thread” mentions that the MS3 basic has 5 inputs with built in pull up resistors - and I was just wondering why it would have so many, while the MS3Pro PnP has just 2 (with no pull ups?)
MS Labs: Plug and Play Megasquirt ECUs for ANY 90-05 Miata (NA, NB1, NB2 w/VVT, MSM), including basemaps to get you started ASAP. PM me or email or details.
For support on MS Labs ECUs: Please email, be sure to include the unit's serial number and include a datalog and your current map.
Reverant is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 05:21 PM
  #8  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,050
Total Cats: 103
Default

I guess my real question is what do i need and how hard will it be. If i can get everything i need for $600 then sold if i can get the cash in time.
jeff_man is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 05:26 PM
  #9  
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,101
Total Cats: 368
Default

Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
I guess my real question is what do i need and how hard will it be. If i can get everything i need for $600 then sold if i can get the cash in time.
  • You have a GM IAT
  • You have an LC-1
  • You have a MAP hose run
  • You have VICS wires laid
  • You need the assembled MS
  • You need a wiriing solution which I don't have the answer to (I vote for Boomslang pig-tail. If the guy who builds the computer wants to give me wiring directions, and he promises they will work, then I'll save you $80 and solder it into the harness and chop-off the factory connectors.

I bet you a case of Shiner that I'll have this car ready for the dyno in 30-minutes after we wire it in and get it started, and I'll only need 30-minutes on the dyno.
hustler is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 05:54 PM
  #10  
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 14,431
Total Cats: 1,340
Default

Originally Posted by hustler View Post
  • You have a GM IAT
  • You have an LC-1
  • You have a MAP hose run
  • You have VICS wires laid
  • You need the assembled MS
  • You need a wiriing solution which I don't have the answer to (I vote for Boomslang pig-tail. If the guy who builds the computer wants to give me wiring directions, and he promises they will work, then I'll save you $80 and solder it into the harness and chop-off the factory connectors.

I bet you a case of Shiner that I'll have this car ready for the dyno in 30-minutes after we wire it in and get it started, and I'll only need 30-minutes on the dyno.
I do not recommend chopping off the factory connectors and wiring directly into the stock harness unless you are crazy. I have been down that road and it is not a fun solution unless you have a DD and are planning on stripping the rest of the harness.

You could always go with a DIYBOB to make the boom slang part.
shuiend is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 06:42 PM
  #11  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,050
Total Cats: 103
Default

I have a DD
jeff_man is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 07:28 PM
  #12  
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 14,431
Total Cats: 1,340
Default

Have braineack make you a DIYBOB if the ones Reverent makes are not PNP.
shuiend is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 07:44 PM
  #13  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (62)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 76,527
Total Cats: 2,306
Default

why would reverant make something not PNP?
Braineack is offline  
Old 09-09-2011, 01:44 AM
  #14  
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (10)
 
Reverant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 5,590
Total Cats: 244
Default

All of my ECUs are 100% PnP. I have never made a single one that wasn't.
__________________
Originally Posted by ninerwfo View Post
The “into to megasquirt thread” mentions that the MS3 basic has 5 inputs with built in pull up resistors - and I was just wondering why it would have so many, while the MS3Pro PnP has just 2 (with no pull ups?)
MS Labs: Plug and Play Megasquirt ECUs for ANY 90-05 Miata (NA, NB1, NB2 w/VVT, MSM), including basemaps to get you started ASAP. PM me or email or details.
For support on MS Labs ECUs: Please email, be sure to include the unit's serial number and include a datalog and your current map.
Reverant is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Full_Tilt_Boogie
Build Threads
67
03-16-2019 08:07 PM
StratoBlue1109
Miata parts for sale/trade
21
09-30-2018 01:09 PM
JesseTheNoob
DIY Turbo Discussion
15
09-30-2015 02:44 PM
ihiryu
General Miata Chat
9
09-28-2015 10:22 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 99 ms3x drop in solution?


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.