13.1 @ 110 mph - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2008, 10:46 PM   #21
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,371
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
What boost were you at when you put down 219???
It was about 12-14. My boost gauge was really jumpy. Shitty tune.
wes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:58 PM   #22
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes65 View Post
It was about 12-14. My boost gauge was really jumpy. Shitty tune.
Motor is strong with this one.. Damn!
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:04 AM   #23
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,371
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
Motor is strong with this one.. Damn!
Haha what do you mean, like i am lucky i havent blown it up?
wes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:25 AM   #24
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes65 View Post
Haha what do you mean, like i am lucky i havent blown it up?
Nah. I'm skeptical of the dyno numbers with your 1/4 mph. Not saying I don't believe you, just typically the 13.0 miatas I've seen (especially ~ 15psi) typically put down around 250+rwhp. A good tune on a 1.8 shouldn't have any longevity problems.
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:53 AM   #25
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,371
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
Nah. I'm skeptical of the dyno numbers with your 1/4 mph. Not saying I don't believe you, just typically the 13.0 miatas I've seen (especially ~ 15psi) typically put down around 250+rwhp. A good tune on a 1.8 shouldn't have any longevity problems.
You know, i always said that my car felt faster than 219whp. I should go to another dyno. The dyno was a mustang dyno and i've heard that they read low.
wes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:01 AM   #26
Senior Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Wisconsin
Posts: 1,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Your numbers should be way more than that for a 13 flat car. I would assume 250rwhp at worst.
ApexOnYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:05 AM   #27
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,371
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexOnYou View Post
Your numbers should be way more than that for a 13 flat car. I would assume 250rwhp at worst.
There is almost no way. I mean, We are talking about a shitty street tune with a stolen spark map with overboost set at 201kpa. I really should get on the dyno again. My car is full weight. It just doesnt add up.
wes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:06 AM   #28
Senior Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Wisconsin
Posts: 1,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Do eet.

Seriously though, I would be curious to see those numbers. Just imagine if you get that tuned and put it on a diet!
ApexOnYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:10 AM   #29
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,371
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexOnYou View Post
Do eet.

Seriously though, I would be curious to see those numbers. Just imagine if you get that tuned and put it on a diet!
Yeah, no doubt. On an unrelated topic, I really need to fix my wheel hop issues.
wes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:16 AM   #30
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,371
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexOnYou View Post
Do eet.

Seriously though, I would be curious to see those numbers. Just imagine if you get that tuned and put it on a diet!
I was just looking at your profile and i was recently up near you. Do you know where muskego is? I went up there with a buddy of mine to get an exhaust for his S2k. He almost went to jail, funny story actually. I had no idea what a Tyme machine was.
wes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:53 AM   #31
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Thats what I was thinking. Mustang dyno do read lower than a Dynojet does. Where did you steal your maps from? Have you attempted to tune the fuel map yet or just leave it?
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:30 AM   #32
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,371
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
Thats what I was thinking. Mustang dyno do read lower than a Dynojet does. Where did you steal your maps from? Have you attempted to tune the fuel map yet or just leave it?
I am pretty sure that the spark map is the same one paul is running. The fuel is tuned in the WOT and <100kpa parts of the map. If i roll into the throttle on the highway it goes very rich until it gets to the tuned part. however, on a 1/4 mile run, the afr's are around 11.2 the whole way.
wes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #33
Senior Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Wisconsin
Posts: 1,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes65 View Post
Yeah, no doubt. On an unrelated topic, I really need to fix my wheel hop issues.
What suspension? Adjustable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes65 View Post
I was just looking at your profile and i was recently up near you. Do you know where muskego is? I went up there with a buddy of mine to get an exhaust for his S2k. He almost went to jail, funny story actually. I had no idea what a Tyme machine was.
Muskego is about 45min north west from me.. I am about 25min north of the Illinois border, just off the lake.

Whats the deal with Tyme machines? I have heard that same statement before. Is it just another company in other parts of the US? I mean what is it called elsewhere?
ApexOnYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #34
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,371
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexOnYou View Post
What suspension? Adjustable?



Muskego is about 45min north west from me.. I am about 25min north of the Illinois border, just off the lake.

Whats the deal with Tyme machines? I have heard that same statement before. Is it just another company in other parts of the US? I mean what is it called elsewhere?
Here we just call them ATM machines. We got pulled over for street racing and my buddy (the driver) had illegal tags, no license, and no registration. The officer cuffed him and put him in the car and then came back if i had access to a tyme machine. I was thinking like, back to the future so i said no. He really meant so that i could get cash and pay the ticket on the spot so my buddy wouldn't go to jail. $186 later he was out of cuffs.

Anyway, i have stock suspension. I am really lusting for some Tein Flex's.
wes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #35
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes65 View Post
He really meant so that i could get cash and pay the ticket on the spot so my buddy wouldn't go to jail. $186 later he was out of cuffs.

I believe the rest of the country calls that a bride.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:10 PM   #36
Senior Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Wisconsin
Posts: 1,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes65 View Post
Here we just call them ATM machines. We got pulled over for street racing and my buddy (the driver) had illegal tags, no license, and no registration. The officer cuffed him and put him in the car and then came back if i had access to a tyme machine. I was thinking like, back to the future so i said no. He really meant so that i could get cash and pay the ticket on the spot so my buddy wouldn't go to jail. $186 later he was out of cuffs.

Anyway, i have stock suspension. I am really lusting for some Tein Flex's.
LOL sorry but just picturing that is kind of funny.

Yeah in WI its mandatory detainment if you aren't from that county and have suspended/no license. Otherwise they would have just been citations.

Stock suspension really has alot to do with it, I know others swear its other caused by other things, but I rarely have wheel hop, and the only suspension mods I have are JIC-FLT-A2s with extended rear upper mounts. I only have wheel hop if I spin with cold tires, or REALLY spin with hot tires. IDK how it works with those tires though, I think those are more orientated for all season use with an aggressive tread pattern for appearance. (Correct me if I am wrong!)
ApexOnYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #37
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,371
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I believe the rest of the country calls that a bride.
Yeah, pretty sure he just pocketed the money but at least he didn't go to jail.
wes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #38
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,371
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexOnYou View Post
LOL sorry but just picturing that is kind of funny.

Yeah in WI its mandatory detainment if you aren't from that county and have suspended/no license. Otherwise they would have just been citations.

Stock suspension really has alot to do with it, I know others swear its other caused by other things, but I rarely have wheel hop, and the only suspension mods I have are JIC-FLT-A2s with extended rear upper mounts. I only have wheel hop if I spin with cold tires, or REALLY spin with hot tires. IDK how it works with those tires though, I think those are more orientated for all season use with an aggressive tread pattern for appearance. (Correct me if I am wrong!)
Yeah, i didnt put much thought into these tires. I just wanted something that was decent for everyday spirited driving. I do like them especially since i paid less than $80 apiece. I'm not sure what i want to get next, i dont want to break anything but i would like to be able to get out of the hole a little faster.
wes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #39
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes65 View Post
Yeah, i didnt put much thought into these tires. I just wanted something that was decent for everyday spirited driving. I do like them especially since i paid less than $80 apiece. I'm not sure what i want to get next, i dont want to break anything but i would like to be able to get out of the hole a little faster.
I fear for your differential.. Same with mine, which is what I'm NOT looking forward to blowing up. My plan includes attempting to sell my Torsen before I damage it, then use that money to replace it with something stronger.
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #40
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,371
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
I fear for your differential.. Same with mine, which is what I'm NOT looking forward to blowing up. My plan includes attempting to sell my Torsen before I damage it, then use that money to replace it with something stronger.
Yeah, a t2 diff would be great. Is it the ring or the lsd that breaks?
wes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Expected intake temps on the track? tazswing Race Prep 20 10-03-2015 12:04 PM
High-lift cams, SUB, new valve job = lifter tick? Der_Idiot Engine Performance 14 09-16-2015 10:30 PM
1/8mi Runs ray_sir_6 Dynos and timesheets 1 08-06-2007 03:10 PM
Idle speed problem after IC install Mechazawa DIY Turbo Discussion 8 07-24-2007 01:20 AM
HAWK HPS Front/Rear Brake Pads $110 Shipped. RemoteMX5 Miata parts for sale/trade 7 07-05-2007 11:16 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 PM.