MS PnP for 01-05 Miata now shipping - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


ECUs and Tuning Discuss Engine Management, Tuning, & Programming

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #1
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,308
Total Cats: 1,326
Default MS PnP for 01-05 Miata now shipping

Full plug and play installation for the NB2 and the MazdaSpeed. OEM style base map included to get you started. Fully programmable. VVT, traction control, launch control, flat shift, boost control and more.


Last edited by emilio700; 08-29-2014 at 07:06 PM.
emilio700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 6,008
Total Cats: 583
Default

I see you changed your quote.
hornetball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,308
Total Cats: 1,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetball View Post
I see you changed your quote.
When I read that I thought, with no small amount on self satisfaction "my work here is done"
emilio700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,048
Total Cats: 4
Default

Lolz, sorry for not capitalizing SuperMiata and putting a space in. Had I known Emilio was going to be using it I would have done it proper.

Please forgive

Back on topic....yay for MS!
Efini~FC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:14 PM   #5
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 6,008
Total Cats: 583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
"my work here is done"
So much for Miata "TURBO."

BTW, my red car scaled at 2177 even with cage and heavy hardtop. As for power, a near perfect match to the 95R. See https://www.miataturbo.net/build-thr...8/#post1161195. Mucho fun.

Meanwhile, the silver turbo car languishes. Sigh.

Must stop threadjacking.
hornetball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,842
Total Cats: 271
Default

Still attempting to understand ALL differences between MS builds, 123pro3?pNp?BraivRevvvv agh heads spinning. Still interested in purchasing one over my current Xede :| - My #1 question would be how would this affect annual checks, swap back to stock ecu? Cross fingers hope no CEL?
Girz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:22 PM   #7
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,308
Total Cats: 1,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girz0r View Post
Still attempting to understand ALL differences between MS builds, 123pro3?pNp?BraivRevvvv agh heads spinning. Still interested in purchasing one over my current Xede :| - My #1 question would be how would this affect annual checks, swap back to stock ecu? Cross fingers hope no CEL?
Clif notes from a guy (me) that is not an expert on these things:

MS1
Low resolution means tuning high volume or old style injectors for idle can be a bear. Limited auxiliary channels for add on functions. Small tables make precise tuning, predicting interpolation values a PIT sometimes.

MS2
Better than MS1 in almost every way and you can feel it in how the car drives, particularly F/I cars with big injectors.

MS3
VVT! (and some other stuff)

There are some advanced users on this board than can perform magic with old MS1 based hardware but even they'll admit, it's rarely worth the effort.

All of the DIY Autotune manufactured Megasquirt PnP ECU's w offer are MS2 except the new NB2 unit announced here which is MS3Pro based at its core.
emilio700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,842
Total Cats: 271
Default

Thank you for clarifying, Sounds like the most recent version is the way to go to get all bells and whistles included.

Still questioning how it'd work with yearly obdII checks for the stock ecu.

As far as Texas goes, I believe they check for any CEL/SES on (auto fail if light is on), Any emission codes, And if the ecu has it's checking system all in 'good' status. Like a o2 heater is working properly. I forget what those checks are called but you prob know what I'm referencing too

my MSM is my DD for now, burns through oil fairly quick (prev a**hat owner ), I swapped over to wastegate pressure and closed the boost solenoid as it's just rerouted to the turbo intake.

I like the piggyback solution with XEDE but I plan to 'x-ede' it's limits in the near future.
Girz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #9
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,165
Total Cats: 2,573
Default

ms won't pass any sort of obd scanner.
its not a piggy like the xede.
so you'd still have to swap back to stock ecu for smog
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:35 PM   #10
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,308
Total Cats: 1,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girz0r View Post
Thank you for clarifying, Sounds like the most recent version is the way to go to get all bells and whistles included.

Still questioning how it'd work with yearly obdII checks for the stock ecu.

As far as Texas goes, I believe they check for any CEL/SES on (auto fail if light is on), Any emission codes, And if the ecu has it's checking system all in 'good' status. Like a o2 heater is working properly. I forget what those checks are called but you prob know what I'm referencing too

my MSM is my DD for now, burns through oil fairly quick (prev a**hat owner ), I swapped over to wastegate pressure and closed the boost solenoid as it's just rerouted to the turbo intake.

I like the piggyback solution with XEDE but I plan to 'x-ede' it's limits in the near future.
AFAIK, there is no standalone ECU available for the 90-05 Miata that will return OBD2 codes/readiness check. Some piggyback solutions will but we don't work with them. The luxury of a PnP is just unplugging ans swapping in the stock ECU if you need it in the car for other reasons.

Last edited by emilio700; 08-29-2014 at 07:05 PM. Reason: speling
emilio700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:39 PM   #11
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,353
Total Cats: 1,319
Default

Emulation of OBDII codes for emissions purposes is illegal in the US, AFAIK, so no standalone will ever be built to return OBDII codes for that purpose.

Last edited by Savington; 08-29-2014 at 07:08 PM. Reason: clarified
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #12
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (10)
 
Reverant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 5,440
Total Cats: 197
Default

Unless it only returns data and doesn't allow you to cheat and pass emissions tests.
Reverant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:08 PM   #13
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,353
Total Cats: 1,319
Default

True, yes. Clarified my post.
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:34 PM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,842
Total Cats: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
ms won't pass any sort of obd scanner.
its not a piggy like the xede.
so you'd still have to swap back to stock ecu for smog
In regards to swapping back to stock ecu, would this mean hooking back up the MAF, stock msm boost solenoid, essentially 'stock as can be' electronically and passing with lets say a EFR setup, ARTech parts on stock ecu and ID injectors? Would that even run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
AFAIK, there is no standalone ECU available for the 90-05 Miata that will return OBD2 codes/readiness check. Some piggyback solutions will but we don't work with them. The luxury of a PnP is just unplugging ans swapping in the stock ECU if you need it in the car for other reasons.
Very understandable! I'm not looking at OBDII as a feature I just would like to pass emissions successfully while keeping all my shiny bits in 'running' order on stock ecu. Be able to swap back to the stand alone after the inspection.
Girz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:26 PM   #15
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,308
Total Cats: 1,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girz0r View Post
In regards to swapping back to stock ecu, would this mean hooking back up the MAF, stock msm boost solenoid, essentially 'stock as can be' electronically and passing with lets say a EFR setup, ARTech parts on stock ecu and ID injectors? Would that even run?



Very understandable! I'm not looking at OBDII as a feature I just would like to pass emissions successfully while keeping all my shiny bits in 'running' order on stock ecu. Be able to swap back to the stand alone after the inspection.
That is the price to pay, a Sunday's work of wrenching for 1-2 years of tuned boost.
emilio700 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota COP Erat Miata parts for sale/trade 17 02-17-2016 05:22 PM
94-97 JR Header, FM Stage 1 Happy Meal, Carillo rods & Supertech Pistons eddy1128 Miata parts for sale/trade 8 12-10-2015 06:34 PM
NEW-Wiseco Piston, K1 Rods, Supertech Valves & Spring/Retainer, TB&C pedals Rudes333 Miata parts for sale/trade 17 11-05-2015 02:16 PM
Charlotte - 1.6 ECU/Injectors, '94 R Pacakage Stuff Dustin Miata parts for sale/trade 4 09-23-2015 11:34 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 AM.