high compression e85 turbo bp? - Page 7 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Engine Performance This section is for discussion on all engine building related questions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #121
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpertInNothing View Post
1.) Im not tork
2.) I have clearly made many attempts to explain known concepts in the world of making power in an internal combustion engine.

but since you dont seem to get might I suggest you enroll for the summer semester Universal Technical Institute (UTI) | Automotive & Mechanic Training School & Education
So I call you out on using fallacies and misdirection, so instead of addressing my argument, you do an ad hominem attack.

OK, cool.

Mind you, I gave you a very, very clear out; however, you decided to attack me versus explain one of the concepts you have brought up.
GAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #122
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

so UTI classes finally haz internetz so 'tards can go online and pretend to know how to build and tune engines?
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #123
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,049
Total Cats: 4
Default

I hate myself for clicking on this thread.

HATE

Can we ban these guys (assuming there are two Rtards that just happened to join at the exact same time to argue semantics) yet?
Efini~FC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #124
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 23
Total Cats: -83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_G View Post
You have not explained anything you have talked about with sufficient detail to suggest you had a detailed understanding of the concept beyond reading about it on Wikipedia. You explain one concept in real detail and I bet Savington will then be willing to break down the entire scenario being discussed is so much detail that it will look like a college dissertation.
How does this pertain to me then? Have i not argued everything I've talked about with detail?
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #125
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,460
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork View Post
Actually Many guys are making +800 hp with single profile cams (no vtec) so your argument is invalid sir. Try again.
It wasn't an argument. It was a joke at your expense.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #126
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,460
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork View Post
How does this pertain to me then? Have i not argued everything I've talked about with detail?
You haven't. Show us the turbo BPs you've built like has been asked of you multiple times in this thread.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #127
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Ryan_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,577
Total Cats: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork View Post
How does this pertain to me then? Have i not argued everything I've talked about with detail?
No you have not. You have touted theories and basic concepts without actually explaining them. Normally you would not have to but when you are contradicting someone else and want to have a real discussion it becomes necessary to explain in detail any concepts you think are being misapplied. We have all talked about timing and MBT and why the static compression of the piston should be sacrificed in order to reach MBT and you retort with something like, "So you're trying to tell me that lower compression results in more power? Are you serious?"

It makes you look absolutely retarded because you are either not reading or oversimplifying the point and ignoring all other variables.
Ryan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #128
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Total Cats: 4
Default

I joined this forum so I could post in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
high compression e85 turbo bp?-chucky_atkins_2009_12_12_zps4eeebc85.jpg  
indymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #129
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 23
Total Cats: -83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_G View Post
No you have not. You have touted theories and basic concepts without actually explaining them. Normally you would not have to but when you are contradicting someone else and want to have a real discussion it becomes necessary to explain in detail any concepts you think are being misapplied. We have all talked about timing and MBT and why the static compression of the piston should be sacrificed in order to reach MBT and you retort with something like, "So you're trying to tell me that lower compression results in more power? Are you serious?"

It makes you look absolutely retarded because you are either not reading or oversimplifying the point and ignoring all other variables.
Okay i can respect that. but in that case make a new thread and I'll gladly explain for you.
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #130
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Ryan_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,577
Total Cats: 155
Default

No need for a new thread. The discussion is all here we do not need to clutter the forum. Explain to us why you believe using 8.6:1 pistons for pump gas is not ideal or why we can't seem to make good power with our cars. Make a solid point or stfu it is pretty simple.
Ryan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #131
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,131
Total Cats: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork View Post
Okay i can respect that. but in that case make a new thread and I'll gladly explain for you.
Here, please explain it here if you need a new thread.

https://www.miataturbo.net/engine-pe...2/#post1002396
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #132
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

Ok, in a futile attempt to save this trainwreck, I have a question.

MBT (maximum brake torque) is achieved when maximum cylinder pressure is reached at a certain point (about 15 ATDC). It is the most power you can make at a given compression.

There is mountains of data that shows a [email protected]:1 will reach MBT on pump gas, and make more power than the same engine would at 9:1 because the 9:1 cannot reach MBT on pump gas.

Does anyone have any data on the highest compression that can be used while still reaching MBT on E85? 10.5:1 is good, but if you can reach MBT on 11:1 it will be better. Anyone found [email protected]:1 running E85?
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #133
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,362
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
There is mountains of data that shows a [email protected]:1 will reach MBT on pump gas, and make more power than the same engine would at 9:1 because the 9:1 cannot reach MBT on pump gas.

Does anyone have any data on the highest compression that can be used while still reaching MBT on E85? 10.5:1 is good, but if you can reach MBT on 11:1 it will be better. Anyone found [email protected]:1 running E85?
I doubt it. Not a lot of people are building forged E85-specific bottom ends, so the info out there is pretty scarce. I'm going to start with 11:1 Supertechs and deshroud the chamber to ~10.5 and see where that gets me.

I do know that E85 LSx guys say that you can do ~15:1 on E85 without boost, but the gains aren't all that significant over 14:1. That leads me to believe that even if you don't find detonation, the power gained by going from 11:1 to ~12:1 may not be all that much. It's all conjecture until someone does it, though.
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #134
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,362
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymx6 View Post
I joined this forum so I could post in this thread.
Best first post ever.
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #135
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

'indymx6' could only be Concealer... unless there are more then one of them here...

Or maybe today we meet the Prince of the Band-Aides
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #136
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Total Cats: 4
Default

Nope I"m different. He just directed me to the thread. Long time lurker fort time poster. I only came in because I've seen intelligence on this board and then I saw this.... Face palm
indymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #137
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,460
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
'indymx6' could only be Concealer... unless there are more then one of them here...

Or maybe today we meet the Prince of the Band-Aides


Not me. You of all people should know that there's more than one of us in Indy. :P

I know him, and may or may not be in his garage right now putting back together a trashed motor.

I am the only Prince of Bandaids.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #138
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
Not me. You of all people should know that there's more than one of us in Indy. :P

I know him, and may or may not be in his garage right now putting back together a trashed motor.

I am the only Prince of Bandaids.
**** I still have yet to recognize your car. Maybe if it didn't look like every other POS on the road

I'll be calling you soon, as it's almost time to strip out this '94 donor car I've been driving around and start building the engine.

Welcome to our shithole corner of the internet, Indymx6.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #139
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 23
Total Cats: 0
Default

Lol, what happened to this thread? Can a admin clean up the irrelevant posts? If you don't understand the compression argument, pick up the book maximum boost by corky Bell. Let's keep on topic which is e85 and high hp boosted setups.
mspdmx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #140
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 23
Total Cats: 0
Default

Heres another link to a high hp low compression e85 bp, pretty simple setup and awesome power. He's on 8:5:1 compression also.

Link Escort gt makes 553 whp 410 wtq at 30psi
mspdmx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Cast Manifold Corky Bell Prefabbed Turbo Kits 18 11-22-2016 10:01 PM
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
My solution for Oiltemp and Oilpressure input into Megasuirt (MS3) Zaphod MEGAsquirt 41 01-24-2016 01:25 PM
"Chimney Ethanol" E100 MiataGarage Engine Performance 5 09-30-2015 12:04 AM
3rd Time's a Charm...hopefully. zephyrusaurai Meet and Greet 2 09-28-2015 11:59 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 PM.