Best set up? - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Question Best set up?

Hey everyone, im always looking to squeek out an extra second on the track so im looking for insight....

my suspension is pretty dialed konig 8way adjustables 1.25" sway bars lowered about 1.5". i have lightweight rims and hoosier slicks. LSD

FM turbo @18psi, FM heat shield, 800cc injectors, air ducting through the mouth, raised hood, blinker vents, exturnal BOV, removed cat test pipe, LINK ecu(changin to megasquirt), 8lbs flywheel, stage 2 clutch, camber set 2clicks and 2 click toe out in the front and 3clicks rear camber.

big brake kit in the front 11.5" cross drilled willwood rotors still stock in the rear(hella breaking! www.hyedracyl.com <---cheap big break kits!!!), brake proportioning valve, pretty much gutted interior, removed a/c, o-ringed the head, polished the head.

hella light kit, nice dual lights, sleepy. body accent kit(nothing major), rollbar, 5 pt harnesses


I have a 1.6L... My turbo falls off... looking for a manifold that is like the 1.8Ls... anyone know of one?
next on the list.. godspeed rad, fans(any suggestions... ive had slimfans as a suggestion, but what cfm should i look for?) and coolant reroute
1fastmiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

your last paragraph makes no sense. elaborate.....

I'll look for fans that pull something like 1600CFM each.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

the part about turbo falling off?
1fastmiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
Elite Member
iTrader: (21)
 
paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Point Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 2,957
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmiata View Post
Hey everyone, im always looking to squeek out an extra second on the track so im looking for insight....

my suspension is pretty dialed konig 8way adjustables 1.25" sway bars lowered about 1.5". i have lightweight rims and hoosier slicks. LSD

FM turbo @18psi, FM heat shield, 800cc injectors, air ducting through the mouth, raised hood, blinker vents, exturnal BOV, removed cat test pipe, LINK ecu(changin to megasquirt), 8lbs flywheel, stage 2 clutch, camber set 2clicks and 2 click toe out in the front and 3clicks rear camber.

big brake kit in the front 11.5" cross drilled willwood rotors still stock in the rear(hella breaking! www.hyedracyl.com <---cheap big break kits!!!), brake proportioning valve, pretty much gutted interior, removed a/c, o-ringed the head, polished the head.

hella light kit, nice dual lights, sleepy. body accent kit(nothing major), rollbar, 5 pt harnesses


I have a 1.6L... My turbo falls off... looking for a manifold that is like the 1.8Ls... anyone know of one?
next on the list.. godspeed rad, fans(any suggestions... ive had slimfans as a suggestion, but what cfm should i look for?) and coolant reroute
konig 8 way adjustables? you mean KYB-AGX? I'm unfamiliar with konig shocks. Giant sway bars and lowering car too much don't improve handling always.


oh, and i hate kyb-agx's. i wouldn't put em back on my car if they were free.
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #5
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmiata View Post
the part about turbo falling off?
yes that part. and the difference between the 1.6L and 1.8L manifold you refer to.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (39)
 
Zabac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: High Point NC
Posts: 4,854
Total Cats: 8
Default

needs more pc-pro
other than that, i would address one issues at a time not to confeuse people...
Zabac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #7
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

well the 1.6 litter is straight out, and the 1.8 has a curve downward to it... so ive seen anyways
1fastmiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 2,084
Total Cats: 0
Default

yeah and they also aren't interchangable, different distances between the cylindars
mazda/nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #9
Elite Member
iTrader: (39)
 
Zabac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: High Point NC
Posts: 4,854
Total Cats: 8
Default

huh?
are you talking manifolds?
there are many different stylez out thur you know, you kan pik an chuuz
how about you post pics and dyno plots of your **** so we can get a better idea of your setup
Zabac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (21)
 
paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Point Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 2,957
Total Cats: 2
Default

there are many different designs for both the 1.6 and 1.8. i'm sure you could find both those styles for either block size.
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:41 PM   #11
Elite Member
iTrader: (21)
 
paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Point Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 2,957
Total Cats: 2
Default

hey mazda/nissan, did you edit your sig or is that Braineack having fun?

either way i got a chuckle out of it
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:41 PM   #12
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Loki047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,145
Total Cats: 0
Default

sometimes i wish i could make **** like this up...
Loki047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #13
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 2,084
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
hey mazda/nissan, did you edit your sig or is that Braineack having fun?

either way i got a chuckle out of it
i figured that i had screwed up badly enough that no one would ever let me live it down so i saved braineack the trouble
mazda/nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:02 PM   #14
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

paul, I would like to find a manifold like your cycling display pic
1fastmiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #15
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
konig 8 way adjustables? you mean KYB-AGX? I'm unfamiliar with konig shocks. Giant sway bars and lowering car too much don't improve handling always.


oh, and i hate kyb-agx's. i wouldn't put em back on my car if they were free.
i find that it handles quite well on the track.... i didnt put the suspension in, my uncle put it in before i bought it from him.. all i know is they are konig, and they have a dial that has 8 different settings on it.

what do you recomend for a suspension system? i thought about a spec miata suspension... but i was told you can mix and match and make a better combonation that handles a lot better on the track
1fastmiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #16
Elite Member
iTrader: (21)
 
paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Point Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 2,957
Total Cats: 2
Default

~$600. it was custom made for my car by Tim at Shore Motorsports. PM him if still interested, username is TurboTim. The setup with my 3" exhaust that Tim also made is ******* amazing! The car spooled like i had a T15 on there. We actually had to modify the turbo by hogging out the internal wastegate opening to reduce the boost it was building with no boost controller. I was seeing 17psi, 15 psi with the waste gate stuck open. We were able to reduce the boost to 12 and I bring it up to 14 with the boost controller. Here's a link to the dyno graph at 14psi max http://www.miatamx5.com/dynoruns/12-..._hp&tq_300.jpg and thats with just 1 morning of tuning on my way to the dyno place on the highway.
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #17
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

nice! does the $600 include the rest of the exhaust and hog-out? or just the manifold? is your motor a 1.6 or 1.8?
1fastmiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #18
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmiata View Post
i find that it handles quite well on the track.... i didnt put the suspension in, my uncle put it in before i bought it from him.. all i know is they are konig, and they have a dial that has 8 different settings on it.

what do you recomend for a suspension system? i thought about a spec miata suspension... but i was told you can mix and match and make a better combonation that handles a lot better on the track

it's KYB. it's red with a black ****. They are very low-end shocks. Did you know what springs? You could probably benefit with talking to FatCatMotorsports.com. He can build you up something nice.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #19
Elite Member
iTrader: (21)
 
paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Point Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 2,957
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmiata View Post
nice! does the $600 include the rest of the exhaust and hog-out? or just the manifold? is your motor a 1.6 or 1.8?

thats just the mani. i have a 1.8. he is building the same manifold for BRGRacer I believe who has a 1.6
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #20
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

red sway bars, white shocks with a red dial, and i believe they are Eibach springs
1fastmiata is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
My solution for Oiltemp and Oilpressure input into Megasuirt (MS3) Zaphod MEGAsquirt 41 01-24-2016 01:25 PM
Changing from 460cc to flow force 610cc in diypnp 90 Turbo MEGAsquirt 19 10-19-2015 04:23 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 AM.