cars you have beaten - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 215
Total Cats: 0
Default cars you have beaten

Now i know miatas are auto-x kings, but what cars have you beaten/hung with on the 1/4 mile track/street
savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 999
Total Cats: 0
Default

i smoked a 6 cyl mustang off the line and for about a block... But there was a girl driving it, does that count?
adbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #3
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 215
Total Cats: 0
Default

i could run past a 6 cyl mustang and beat it... shoeless
savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #4
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,910
Total Cats: 1,793
Default

my altima can beat a v6 mustang.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #5
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
dc2696's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Edmonton Ab, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Total Cats: 13
Default

n/a I took my buddys daytona turbo..until he got traction that is...We'll see this summer if the turbo 1.8 can slap him around (most likely)
dc2696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Concord, North Carolina
Posts: 4,173
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by braineack View Post
my altima can beat a v6 mustang.
I'm naturally aspirated and I beat a 6 banger in the 1/8th...reaction time and jump FTW.
miatamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #7
mxv
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 582
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior View Post
Now i know miatas are auto-x kings, but what cars have you beaten/hung with on the 1/4 mile track/street
are they anymore? i heard the soltice is the new auto x car to get your hands on :(

with my stock 1.6L miata n/a, i beat a uh..... its not turbo'd who cares
mxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
LOLA - 92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SWAMPS OF FLORIDA !!!
Posts: 1,161
Total Cats: 0
Default

LOLA can rip the snot out of a VESPA
LOLA - 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #9
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
dc2696's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Edmonton Ab, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Total Cats: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxv View Post
are they anymore? i heard the soltice is the new auto x car to get your hands on :(

with my stock 1.6L miata n/a, i beat a uh..... its not turbo'd who cares
**** the solstice, its the lotus' you have to worry about. Our local club pres (prolly fastes driver and car in the area) had some problems taken him out, swapped his FM stuff out for JIC and beat the lotus.
dc2696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:06 AM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2696 View Post
**** the solstice, its the lotus' you have to worry about. Our local club pres (prolly fastes driver and car in the area) had some problems taken him out, swapped his FM stuff out for JIC and beat the lotus.
Well I wouldn't get carried away. Richard is quick and so was/is the car, but being the fastest in the area? No.

As for Richard beating Brent, it happened during one event. To say that swaping to the JIC setup did the trick is a little far fetched. Every dog has their day. And I don't think the Elise was on r-comps.

At the challenge cup two years ago I beat EVERY Miata in the rain when my car was still NA and on bald as hell RA-1. I think that was 12 Miatas from stockish all the way to a completely done up M62 autocross beast from Calgary that regularily sets FTD in Calgary and Edmonton. Most of the Miatas were FI'd. Does this mean I'm god's gift to Autocross and have a magical car? Nope, I had a particularily good and lucky day. Everyone else had a less good day.

Sorry for the drift, but if I have to hear this particular piece of bullshit again I'm going to scream.
jayc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:08 AM   #11
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

And the Solstic is supposed to be the new C-Stock car to have. The 99 Sport had a long run. The new MX-5 is a wine and cheeser's car.
jayc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:12 AM   #12
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
dc2696's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Edmonton Ab, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Total Cats: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayc72 View Post
Well I wouldn't get carried away. Richard is quick and so was/is the car, but being the fastest in the area? No.

As for Richard beating Brent, it happened during one event. To say that swaping to the JIC setup did the trick is a little far fetched. Every dog has their day. And I don't think the Elise was on r-comps.

At the challenge cup two years ago I beat EVERY Miata in the rain when my car was still NA and on bald as hell RA-1. I think that was 12 Miatas from stockish all the way to a completely done up M62 autocross beast from Calgary that regularily sets FTD in Calgary and Edmonton. Most of the Miatas were FI'd. Does this mean I'm god's gift to Autocross and have a magical car? Nope, I had a particularily good and lucky day. Everyone else had a less good day.

Sorry for the drift, but if I have to hear this particular piece of bullshit again I'm going to scream.

One of the fastest then..? Well he acredited the win to the suspension so I thought I would too..

Sorry if I hit a soft spot Jay.
dc2696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:28 AM   #13
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,910
Total Cats: 1,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayc72 View Post
And the Solstic is supposed to be the new C-Stock car to have. The 99 Sport had a long run. The new MX-5 is a wine and cheeser's car.
at least it's not ugly.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:29 AM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

Didn't hit a soft or sore spot Richard tends to state things as fact, when they are anything but.

One of the fastest? He's quick (quicker than me), but doesn't autocross enough to be THAT fast. Brent is a better driver from what I've seen.
jayc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:33 AM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by braineack View Post
at least it's not ugly.
I'll give you that the Solstice is ugly for sure. But the new MX-5 ain't a real looker as far as I'm concerned. While the solstice is the ugly step sister the MX-5 is the plain and boring cousin. Instead of Mazda doing something bold and interesting (The NA Miata) they played it safe.
jayc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:39 AM   #16
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
dc2696's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Edmonton Ab, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Total Cats: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayc72 View Post
they played it safe.
Does that honestly surprise you? These are the same ppl who built an n/a rotary 4door...Plain is their plan
dc2696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:40 AM   #17
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

hey hey hey...I'm a wine and cheaser ok...with 440/350's. hehe
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:40 AM   #18
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,910
Total Cats: 1,793
Default

not to mention the "toned-down" mazdaspeed 6. Designed for the average driver in mind.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:49 AM   #19
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2696 View Post
Does that honestly surprise you? These are the same ppl who built an n/a rotary 4door...Plain is their plan
I don't think it could be said that a 4 door sports car with a Rotary engine is playing it safe. In fact the RX8 is pretty risky if you think about it. A better example would be the Mazdaspeed Miata, now that is half assed.

The Mazdaspeed 6 and 3 are a step in the right direction. The new Miata, not so much.
jayc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:54 AM   #20
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
dc2696's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Edmonton Ab, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Total Cats: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayc72 View Post
I don't think it could be said that a 4 door sports car with a Rotary engine is playing it safe. In fact the RX8 is pretty risky if you think about it. A better example would be the Mazdaspeed Miata, now that is half assed.

The Mazdaspeed 6 and 3 are a step in the right direction. The new Miata, not so much.
If it was there first trip down the block it would b risky, ************ they've been making rotaries for how long now? And turbo and twin turbo rotaries!

A four door n/a is ******* safe.
dc2696 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[CT] 1999 Mazda Miata 10th Anniversary Edition - $5800 Jike Spingleton Cars for sale/trade 3 09-20-2016 05:33 PM
FS/FT: 03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege leatherface24 Cars for sale/trade 15 10-16-2015 12:35 PM
Squiblez 1996 Montego blue Squiblez Build Threads 2 09-22-2015 11:17 AM
Twitchy car (tail happy problem) bigben Race Prep 16 09-11-2015 04:41 PM
WTB parts for HPDE car Voltwings WTB 5 09-11-2015 09:23 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 PM.