The Front Fell Off - Page 8 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #141
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,780
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRT_Fun View Post
I'd take 4cyl trubo stang.
Weren't the old Mustang2's 4 cylinders?
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #142
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Leafy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 9,093
Total Cats: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
Weren't the old Mustang2's 4 cylinders?
There was a year where the mustang 2 had an 80hp v8 so close enough.

The fox body had a base modle N/A 4 banger and the SVO turbo. The N/A bangers have all either been made into circle track cars, scrapped, or poorly converted to v8.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #143
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
Weren't the old Mustang2's 4 cylinders?
Awwww yissssssss
Attached Thumbnails
The Front Fell Off-6925d1288347961-1990-ford-mustang-lx-2-3l-10-11-2010-028.jpg  
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #144
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 9,642
Total Cats: 954
Default

The Turbo 2.3 was nothing to sneeze at (back in the day anyway...)

I sometimes miss my foxbody 85 GT. First year of the 5.0, last year of the carburetor.

Attached Thumbnails
The Front Fell Off-dsc_0408.jpg  
EO2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #145
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

Attached Thumbnails
The Front Fell Off-2011-03-14094642.jpg  
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #146
Elite Member
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,687
Total Cats: 560
Default

Brother has a 1988 Probe GT. 2.3L turbo. Has torque steer like crazy, but pulls hard once boost hits. I think it's still got less then 100k on it.
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #147
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Volo, IL
Posts: 1,247
Total Cats: 140
Default

Funny, I'm bringing my old 83 GT from my dad's house in Texas up here in July. I needed another project.
dieselmiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #148
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 659
Total Cats: 66
Default

I came here to post "Goldbond >> all" but apparently my thread blew up like my turbo did.
mlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:30 PM   #149
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 6,010
Total Cats: 583
Default

Your thread?!? BBWWAAAHHHAAAHHHAAAHHHAAAHHHAAA!!!
hornetball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:36 PM   #150
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
I came here to post "Goldbond >> all" but apparently my thread blew up like my turbo did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetball View Post
Your thread?!? BBWWAAAHHHAAAHHHAAAHHHAAAHHHAAA!!!
: party:
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:40 PM   #151
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 659
Total Cats: 66
Default

New tag added I suppose.
mlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #152
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 659
Total Cats: 66
Default

Ok, so I mentioned earlier I had a feeling others in the club were smirking behind my back about all this, and it kinda came to light today after I updated my thread over there.

I made a comment about how someone should run "allofit" boost on his WRX and he was like "I don't want my subaru to end up like your Miata" to which I replied something along the lines of "does everyone understand that this had nothing to do with my installation or tuning?"

There were a couple replies which consisted of "Remember when you had a working non-turbo miata" and "If you install parts on your car which are broken or improperly prepared then you are at least partially responsible".

I made the comment that that was like blaming someone who changed their own oil and got a batch of oil which was bad, and their pistons siezed. It's about on par with trying to say someone is to blame because their tire self-destructed while driving down the road.

Not looking for validation here, but honest opinions. There are less "armchair mechanics" here, and more people who have actually done this kinda stuff.

Not in reference to the resolution with BEGi or financial responsibility for the mishap or any of that, but am I "to blame" for this happening?
mlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:50 PM   #153
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,780
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
Ok, so I mentioned earlier I had a feeling others in the club were smirking behind my back about all this, and it kinda came to light today after I updated my thread over there.

I made a comment about how someone should run "allofit" boost on his WRX and he was like "I don't want my subaru to end up like your Miata" to which I replied something along the lines of "does everyone understand that this had nothing to do with my installation or tuning?"

There were a couple replies which consisted of "Remember when you had a working non-turbo miata" and "If you install parts on your car which are broken or improperly prepared then you are at least partially responsible".

I made the comment that that was like blaming someone who changed their own oil and got a batch of oil which was bad, and their pistons siezed. It's about on par with trying to say someone is to blame because their tire self-destructed while driving down the road.

Not looking for validation here, but honest opinions. There are less "armchair mechanics" here, and more people who have actually done this kinda stuff.

Not in reference to the resolution with BEGi or financial responsibility for the mishap or any of that, but am I "to blame" for this happening?
So wait a few weeks till your car is back together, then bring it out again and tell them how much you enjoy being able to pass minivans after stop lights.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:51 PM   #154
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 9,642
Total Cats: 954
Default



They don't understand that the failure that occurred on your turbo had nothing to do with anything you touched, or that you could control. I'm no expert but based on what you have said and my own experience taking turbos apart, the most likely cause was improper reassembly when BEGI clocked it. If they refuse to believe/understand that, what can you do?

Those guys is ams dicks. Now go out drive them
Attached Thumbnails
The Front Fell Off-haters-gonna-hate.jpg  
EO2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:58 PM   #155
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 659
Total Cats: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
So wait a few weeks till your car is back together, then bring it out again and tell them how much you enjoy being able to pass minivans after stop lights.
Dude, have you seen how minivans take off from stop lights? Soccer moms don't mess around, them cars are QUICK.
mlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #156
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 6,010
Total Cats: 583
Default

Why are you cheating on us at another forum with people that obviously don't even care about you? That hurts, man.
hornetball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #157
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 659
Total Cats: 66
Default

Well, it's the forum for the local area car club, that I'm on the board for lol. And most of them get it. But it's the silent majority and the vocal minority.

Also saw your new tag.
mlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #158
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Leafy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 9,093
Total Cats: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
\But it's the silent majority and the vocal minority.
So its like the scca.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #159
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 659
Total Cats: 66
Default

Plus, with embarassing **** like this: https://www.miataturbo.net/prefabbed...2/#post1074871

And this: https://www.miataturbo.net/megasquir...-delete-77014/

in my history, I'm sure you can figure out where they're coming from.

Like I said, there's no way in hell I could have truboed my car without this forum--even if it is filled with more dicks than a Miata driver's butthole.
mlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #160
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleete View Post
Brother has a 1988 Probe GT. 2.3L turbo. Has torque steer like crazy, but pulls hard once boost hits. I think it's still got less then 100k on it.

No he doesn't. There wasn't an 88 Probe, and they didn't have 2.3s either.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 59 Yesterday 09:00 PM
Raleigh: Fiberglass headlight scope, 1.6L ECU, AFM, Hardtop latches, more bigmackloud Miata parts for sale/trade 13 09-22-2017 01:34 PM
Garrett Turbo, 1.8 Oil Pan, & Misc. Stuff nbdooey Miata parts for sale/trade 9 08-30-2017 10:50 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM


Tags
begi = fail, begi isn't helping, begi touched me :(, cuckolding, fm cured ibs, fmftw, hurtful cheater!, not mlev's thread., penis amputation, thanks corky!, weasels ripped my flesh

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 PM.