Is this Greddy/Trust bolt-on kit with ECU worth me buying? - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Closed Thread
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2014, 02:39 AM   #41
DoA
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 23
Total Cats: -37
Default

"Okinawa explains a lot. I spent a bit of time ther myself, and my Mother in Law is from there."

Probably why you chose her ...Okinawan culture kicks *** over Kobe or Osaka (Dont know about Fukuoka or Hiroshima)

...I have friends from Fukuoka here there are military families in my apartment block and they are much more conservative compared to our friends from Miyazaki ...the people upstairs are a car rental owner family from Osaka and they avoid even saying hello like the rest ...same as most in Kobe and Osaka

Plus I did say I got into the car thing a bit later on dude ...

I think Okinawa is a cool place actually , you don't get kids tugging on mums hand pointing at you saying "Mitte mitte Gaijin" on every corner which gets old after 4-5 years in Kobe & Osaka

" And why would you expect Japanese to speak English? "

Same reason it is spoken in the rest of the world including most of Asia lol.

If a Turk meets a French man in a German airport what language do yo think they will speak ?

The rest of the world has caught on lol

So it would make things easier for them in the world and brake their barriers , so they don't have to struggle for a life time learning it in a land where English is used only as a decoration on T-Shirts and usually is nonsense.

NO Gee, ya think? It's JAPAN. Why the **** do you keep expecting them to speak English?

Lol are you seriously asking this question? Because they are being interviewed by an English crew to go on youtube where most Germans would speak English.

"Wanna know how I was so successful with my time living there? I adapted. I learned to speak Japanese right away. I didn't have any foolish notion that English would carry me through in a country where they don't speak it."

Did I say I wasnt successful there man?


Show me the link...???
"What the actual ****? Where are you getting this notion that everything should be English? I bet if I went to a German race in Germany, there would be a whole lot of German, and not a lot of English."

Again if a foreign film crew are there filming and asking questions in English do you think they will respond in German?
I'm not saying they should speak English to each other duuuh you are 40 man WTF are you repeating the pointless English thing over...

"They open up to you pretty ******* quick when you speak their language. Crazy right?! I won't say its impossible but , if anyone reads this , remember what I'm saying when you visit Japan yourself!!! Remember this. Carrying yourself around Japan as a 'Murrican expecting everyone to accept you is an exercise in futility. "

Lol , you can't buy a ******* hamburger in a Japanese Makudonarudo without having to say "hammu-baaaga" it will take them 10 min to call the McDonalsds head office because no one in the place will speak or admit to speaking Engrish.

Japan is the opposite of what you imagine ...Japanese people are kind but not friendly and open to talk to any one anywhere like we are.

"Once again, horseshit. Japan is a wonderful place, and the people are very accepting and friendly provided you are willing to adapt to the culture around you."

OK good luck to all with your positive advice ...I'd love to see what they get from asking for directions in a train station in Osaka
I've had a lady run away from me (Im largeish) after I politely asked "Summimassen kore doko desuka pointing at a map"

I'm thinking to start doing video blogs soon ... I wan't to put a camera on one of the busy streets in Japan and let it video all the cars that go by ...out of 200-300 cars you might see a slightly tuned car and its bound to be a Skyline or a Toyota Chaser.

"Go do that in Fukuoka and tell me how that works out for you. More tuned cars than you could shake a stick at. I'm sorry you live in BFE, but don't generalize an entire country on your limited experience...

I lived in Osaka and Kobe for over 8 years , Okinawa now ... Okinawa has more tuned cars around American areas.

I bet there are more JDM tuned cars in Sydney Australia than Fukuoka too mate ...

How about New Zeland there is a Supra or a Chaser on every corner there

I'm speaking in terms of compared to how many family vans and kei cars that go by in Japan.

Anyway my point is , Japan is not what movies like "Tokyo Drift" make it out to be...

Ye , I agree this is very DoA

Thanks for your help !!!

Oh and by the way if Japan was so great and successful for you why didn't you stay there?
Not being a smart *** , but genuinely asking you there! hehe
DoA is offline  
Old 04-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #42
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 194
Total Cats: 28
Default

So what you're saying is that you expect people in a Japanese-speaking country to adapt to foreigners' language (as long as that language is English). Gee, I can't figure out why you'd have trouble fitting in with locals.
TalkingPie is offline  
Old 04-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #43
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Volo, IL
Posts: 1,247
Total Cats: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetball View Post
So, Aaron, you speak Japanese? That's impressive. Props.
Yes, although I wouldn't consider myself completely fluent. I can read and write it too, to an extent. My wife tells me that I speak like a middle school student. The grammar I have down for the most part, but my vocabulary still contains a large amount of "child" words, and there are still lots of breaks in my sentences where I have to pause and think.

Not that anyone there cares. They (virtually every person I ever encountered) thought it was awesome to have an American friend who they could understand. I was the "token" As soon as I opened my mouth with Japanese language instead of English, the attitudes changed from cautious to open.

Point is, I never tried to impose my American culture on anyone. I never expected anyone to speak English, and never carried myself around with my American chest puffed out. I wasn't in America anymore, and I wasn't going to be for a long time. The key to living well in Japan is assimilation and being humble. It's what they do. In America, we are raised with a "rebellious" nature. It's in our history, and we strive for individuality and showing others that "I am my own man". In Japan, the general societal attitude is, "look at how well I fit in, and how well mannered I am".

Judging by how OP presents himself in his posts and ramblings, I doubt he will ever have a very good time there.

I'm going back to Hiroshima for a month in June to stay with the in-laws, Dad isn't doing so well. He's 86, so I guess that's par for the course. I'll get some video of this supposed "non-existent" tuner scene.
dieselmiata is offline  
Old 04-27-2014, 02:02 PM   #44
DoA
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 23
Total Cats: -37
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselmiata View Post
Yes, although I wouldn't consider myself completely fluent. I can read and write it too, to an extent. My wife tells me that I speak like a middle school student. The grammar I have down for the most part, but my vocabulary still contains a large amount of "child" words, and there are still lots of breaks in my sentences where I have to pause and think.

Not that anyone there cares. They (virtually every person I ever encountered) thought it was awesome to have an American friend who they could understand. I was the "token" As soon as I opened my mouth with Japanese language instead of English, the attitudes changed from cautious to open.

Point is, I never tried to impose my American culture on anyone. I never expected anyone to speak English, and never carried myself around with my American chest puffed out. I wasn't in America anymore, and I wasn't going to be for a long time. The key to living well in Japan is assimilation and being humble. It's what they do. In America, we are raised with a "rebellious" nature. It's in our history, and we strive for individuality and showing others that "I am my own man". In Japan, the general societal attitude is, "look at how well I fit in, and how well mannered I am".

Judging by how OP presents himself in his posts and ramblings, I doubt he will ever have a very good time there.

I'm going back to Hiroshima for a month in June to stay with the in-laws, Dad isn't doing so well. He's 86, so I guess that's par for the course. I'll get some video of this supposed "non-existent" tuner scene.
Go for it , keep us posted , the OP said to you ...I'm new , if I was into it when I was living in Kansai area maybe I would have seekd out some groups , let me see those Japanese scene Miatas too while you are at it !
DoA is offline  
Old 04-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #45
DoA
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 23
Total Cats: -37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingPie View Post
So what you're saying is that you expect people in a Japanese-speaking country to adapt to foreigners' language (as long as that language is English). Gee, I can't figure out why you'd have trouble fitting in with locals.
Why do tons of Americans adapt to Mexicans and almost ******* fluent Spanish ? WTF are you talking about ? Use your brain before you write !

Have you ever been out of the US ? Go to Europe and see how many people will speak English to you , go to most of Asia and see how many people will notice you are a tourist and what language are they going to speak to you French? No , English ...it is a universal tool ...go travel and you will see.

The point is this doesn't exist in Japan that's all , why the hell is it so hard for you to comprehend?
DoA is offline  
Old 04-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #46
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 194
Total Cats: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoA View Post
Have you ever been out of the US ?
Have you ever looked at where my location is (or what languages are spoken there)?

By the way, I'm in Germany on average a day a week or so. I've lived, travelled and worked in Europe for 5 months apart from that. My last vacation was in Thailand, I've been to South America twice, and my idea of a fun 10 day trip is flying to Australia.

I'm also active in a German group back home, and am pretty well acquainted with how people in/from other countries adapt to other cultures. And you're apparently a troglodyte who thinks that being a visitor to a different place gives you the right to force your language and culture on people's homes. You can argue about the merits of that all you want, but I think you've already seen what the result is.
TalkingPie is offline  
Old 08-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #47
DoA
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 23
Total Cats: -37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingPie View Post
Have you ever looked at where my location is (or what languages are spoken there)?

By the way, I'm in Germany on average a day a week or so. I've lived, travelled and worked in Europe for 5 months apart from that. My last vacation was in Thailand, I've been to South America twice, and my idea of a fun 10 day trip is flying to Australia.

I'm also active in a German group back home, and am pretty well acquainted with how people in/from other countries adapt to other cultures. And you're apparently a troglodyte who thinks that being a visitor to a different place gives you the right to force your language and culture on people's homes. You can argue about the merits of that all you want, but I think you've already seen what the result is.
Wow amazing good for you what an amazing life sounds like a dream , what do you do president of Albania or something? By the way you sound like what we in Australia call a "total tosser". Oh I see Montreal lol
DoA is offline  
Old 08-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #48
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 782
Default

Your vagina hurts so bad you had to spend 3 months thinking of a reply?
concealer404 is offline  
Old 08-02-2014, 03:00 AM   #49
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Montréal, Qc
Posts: 62
Total Cats: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoA View Post
Oh I see Montreal lol
Hey! Watch your mouth little boy...
PaCHeKo! is offline  
Old 08-03-2014, 12:30 AM   #50
DoA
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 23
Total Cats: -37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
Your vagina hurts so bad you had to spend 3 months thinking of a reply?
No vag here except my wife's and I hardly look at this garbage unless I'm doing something to my car. Whats your problem? Not enough semen to swallow ? You breath stinks of it all the way to Japan ...
DoA is offline  
Old 08-03-2014, 12:35 AM   #51
DoA
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 23
Total Cats: -37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
Your vagina hurts so bad you had to spend 3 months thinking of a reply?
1000 posts , friggin forum troll
DoA is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #52
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 782
Default

What is this i don't even.
concealer404 is offline  
 
 
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raleigh: Fiberglass headlight scope, 1.6L ECU, AFM, Hardtop latches, more bigmackloud Miata parts for sale/trade 13 09-22-2017 01:34 PM
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump $50 lsc224 Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 10:17 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 PM.