Hahahahahah OMG (kill story inside) - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Hahahahahah OMG (kill story inside)

Old 01-14-2009, 03:04 PM
  #1  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
patsmx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,824
Total Cats: 268
Default Hahahahahah OMG (kill story inside)

Holy ****. I just raced two different cars. The first was a Mitsubishi galant. It had wheels, a body kit, and a grille. Think ricetastic, but it was all painted up. It was lowered. Black man driving it. He ran up on me and was following me close on a on ramp to the highway. As expected, as soon as I pulled onto the highway, he jumps in the other lane and I can hear him coming. I'm going about 45, and floor it. I spin for like 4 seconds and then let off as the light ahead turned red. I'm in the center lane, he gets over into the right lane. (which runs out ahead, guess he's planning on passing me to get over. )

So their we are at the light. I look to my left and their's a 02' looking mustang GT beside me, buy staring me down. He revs it up. Sounds stock, but had some kind of exhaust on it.

Light turns green. Mustang and mitsu both take off. I'm watching the mustang to my left and keeping pace with him, not letting him get ahead. I get in second and I'm still beside him, looking over at him. I see him look at me. I shook my head, then nailed it in second. Smoked the tires to 60 mph. Grab 3rd and wound it out, thankfully with traction. I look behind me and the mitsu is wayyy back there, and the mustangs about 10 cars back and I see the nose drop as he lets off.

The mustang got beside me at the next light and the look of total disbelief on his face was PRICELESS! I'm just shaking my head with the biggest grin ever. Light changed and the mitsu went flying by me as if he's badass. But man was the look on the driver of the mustangs face priceless.

Cliffs: I beat some slow cars. I need a RX7 LSD bad.
patsmx5 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 03:07 PM
  #2  
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Concord, North Carolina
Posts: 4,161
Total Cats: 5
Default

Why RX-7 LSD? or do you have an open now?
miatamania is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 03:09 PM
  #3  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
patsmx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,824
Total Cats: 268
Default

Yeah I have an open 4.3 right now. It spins the rear passengers side in full boost from a roll in first or second.
patsmx5 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 03:17 PM
  #4  
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
m2cupcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,426
Total Cats: 329
Default

Yeah, you gotta be careful with an open rear. At under 50f there is no telling what my car is going to do under full throttle in lower gears. As soon as a tire breaks loose it changes direction.
m2cupcar is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 03:23 PM
  #5  
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Saml01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,710
Total Cats: 2
Default

Jeeze man, why dont you just weld the diff and fuggedaboutit?

Awesome story otherwise.

I finally got my boost control dialed in and was ******* around with an RS4. I couldnt overtake him and he couldnt get away, it was fun. The dude was real cool too, he pulls up after we stop at a light and goes "WOH dude, that thing is such a sleeper, is it turbocharged blah blah blah". Who woulda thought, that from an Audi driver?
Saml01 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 03:25 PM
  #6  
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,127
Total Cats: 479
Default

yeah but with an LSD, the difference is that instead of under 50F, it's now under 40F.
y8s is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 03:29 PM
  #7  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
patsmx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,824
Total Cats: 268
Default

Yeah, but anything would be better than this open diff. A R&P change would be nice while it's out. I'm probably not gonna weld it. Too much bad could come out of it. I just want an RX-7 lsd to shim up tight. Just haven't found one yet.

This summer I'm gonna TRY to build a traction control setup for my car. It's something I've wanted to do forever since I got MS. I pretty much know what to build electronic wise. I just need to buy all the sensors and wheels that press onto the hubs. Guess I could post a WTB for those parts.
patsmx5 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 03:58 PM
  #8  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,282
Total Cats: 2,153
Default

I still have yet to smoke my tires when the steering wheel is straight, racing or not...i fail. (or do i?!)
Braineack is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 04:01 PM
  #9  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
patsmx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,824
Total Cats: 268
Default

Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I still have yet to smoke my tires when the steering wheel is straight, racing or not...i fail. (or do i?!)
You don't fail, you win. I fail for not having traction below 60. But I've gotta be making 260+ (I dare say maybe more) to the wheels at 11 PSI right now and 225's. It's crazy. I swear 3rd pulls harder than first used to. It's nuts.
patsmx5 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 04:20 PM
  #10  
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,713
Total Cats: 139
Default

Fawk, I need boost.

Getting there, though!
Stein is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 04:23 PM
  #11  
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
levnubhin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,292
Total Cats: 2
Default

Originally Posted by Stein View Post
Fawk, I need boost.

Getting there, though!

86 more posts. lol


Nice kill Pat. Now go find a Vette to kill.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 04:24 PM
  #12  
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago. (The non-murder part.)
Posts: 28,074
Total Cats: 2,493
Default

Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I still have yet to smoke my tires when the steering wheel is straight, racing or not...i fail. (or do i?!)
I have the same "problem". I can chirp them on the 1-2 shift, and occasionally it gets a little squirrely in first at 4,000 RPM. but that's about it on dry pavement. Makes me feel inadequate whenever I read one of these.


patsmx5, what tires are you running?

Oh, and nice story. I enjoy educating the ignorant from time to time as well.
Joe Perez is online now  
Old 01-14-2009, 04:26 PM
  #13  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
patsmx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,824
Total Cats: 268
Default

Originally Posted by Stein View Post
Fawk, I need boost.

Getting there, though!
Yeah, get to it!

I can say that the intake manifold mods helped a lot. It pulled very well in 3rd to 7K or a bit higher. Apparently it just need some timing and a bit leaner AFRs.
patsmx5 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 04:30 PM
  #14  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
patsmx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,824
Total Cats: 268
Default

Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
I have the same "problem". I can chirp them on the 1-2 shift, but that's about it on dry pavement. Makes me feel inadequate whenever I read one of these.


patsmx5, what tires are you running?

Oh, and nice story. I enjoy educating the ignorant from time to time as well.
I'm running Yokohama ES100's 225-50-15's. If they still sold them I'd buy another set when these are gone. Looks like I'll get 18K+ out of these, and they're very sticky on hot roads. (granted it was 55*F ambient when I was racing) And yeah, it was a pleasure to learn'm what a miata can do.
patsmx5 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 04:31 PM
  #15  
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 402
Total Cats: 2
Default

Originally Posted by patsmx5 View Post
Yeah, but anything would be better than this open diff. A R&P change would be nice while it's out. I'm probably not gonna weld it. Too much bad could come out of it. I just want an RX-7 lsd to shim up tight. Just haven't found one yet.

This summer I'm gonna TRY to build a traction control setup for my car. It's something I've wanted to do forever since I got MS. I pretty much know what to build electronic wise. I just need to buy all the sensors and wheels that press onto the hubs. Guess I could post a WTB for those parts.
Selfish plug here.... MS-I had an "anti-rev" traction control that was based off how quickly the RPMS were increasing. Rudimentary I know, but better than the horsepower escaping into the tire smoke. I keep trying to recruit someone smarter than me ( seems like a large pool to draw from but no takers yet ) to port that code over to the MS-II extra code.
Chris Swearingen is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 04:42 PM
  #16  
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,127
Total Cats: 479
Default

Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
I have the same "problem". I can chirp them on the 1-2 shift, and occasionally it gets a little squirrely in first at 4,000 RPM. but that's about it on dry pavement. Makes me feel inadequate whenever I read one of these.


patsmx5, what tires are you running?

Oh, and nice story. I enjoy educating the ignorant from time to time as well.

hmm. on a 35-40F day, I can be rolling in 3rd at 40mph and floor it on the freeway and the tires just spin. on a hot day it doesn't happen.

cold, dense air and cold tires =
y8s is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 04:51 PM
  #17  
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,085
Total Cats: 367
Default

i need my car.
hustler is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 05:13 PM
  #18  
VladiTuned
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 35,078
Total Cats: 3,113
Default

Originally Posted by patsmx5 View Post
Holy ****. I just raced two different cars. The first was a Mitsubishi galant. It had wheels, a body kit, and a grille. Think ricetastic, but it was all painted up. It was lowered. Black man driving it. He ran up on me and was following me close on a on ramp to the highway. As expected, as soon as I pulled onto the highway, he jumps in the other lane and I can hear him coming. I'm going about 45, and floor it. I spin for like 4 seconds and then let off as the light ahead turned red. I'm in the center lane, he gets over into the right lane. (which runs out ahead, guess he's planning on passing me to get over. )

So their we are at the light. I look to my left and their's a 02' looking mustang GT beside me, buy staring me down. He revs it up. Sounds stock, but had some kind of exhaust on it.

Light turns green. Mustang and mitsu both take off. I'm watching the mustang to my left and keeping pace with him, not letting him get ahead. I get in second and I'm still beside him, looking over at him. I see him look at me. I shook my head, then nailed it in second. Smoked the tires to 60 mph. Grab 3rd and wound it out, thankfully with traction. I look behind me and the mitsu is wayyy back there, and the mustangs about 10 cars back and I see the nose drop as he lets off.

The mustang got beside me at the next light and the look of total disbelief on his face was PRICELESS! I'm just shaking my head with the biggest grin ever. Light changed and the mitsu went flying by me as if he's badass. But man was the look on the driver of the mustangs face priceless.

Cliffs: I beat some slow cars. I need a RX7 LSD bad.

I cant wait for this to happen to me..there are SOOOOOOO many dumb ****** on the road here its mind boggling
18psi is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 05:16 PM
  #19  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 131
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by Saml01 View Post
Jeeze man, why dont you just weld the diff and fuggedaboutit?

Awesome story otherwise.

I finally got my boost control dialed in and was ******* around with an RS4. I couldnt overtake him and he couldnt get away, it was fun. The dude was real cool too, he pulls up after we stop at a light and goes "WOH dude, that thing is such a sleeper, is it turbocharged blah blah blah". Who woulda thought, that from an Audi driver?
What do you mean? Audi drivers are stuck up? That's an over generalization. I drive a S4 (2005) and a Miata... if you take the time to talk to Audi drivers you will see they are not much different than any other gear head. We like fast cars and we like traction , lots of it.
2002SilverMiata is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 05:27 PM
  #20  
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Posts: 3,880
Total Cats: 0
Default

Watched Top Gear and they just moved all the Audi's to Uncool. They claim the BMW clowns have moved out of BMW's due to the clown image and are now driving Audi's!!

Had a Vette torch me a couple nights ago. Jerk didn't give me a look or anything to indicate any intentions. Just hammered it when the light changed. If only I'd known. Would have liked to have suprised him a little.
cueball1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hahahahahah OMG (kill story inside)


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.