Might pick up a turbo miata - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2010, 04:18 AM   #21
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
Total Cats: 0
Default

It's a 1997 Impreza with with an 02 WRX swap(interior, transmission and engine).
104k on engine

Maintenance:
New gates racing timing belt
New water pump, tensioner and all idler pulleys
Transmission replaced(new clutch with it), clutch master cylinder, lots more
New O2 sensors

Mods:
- Blitz dual drive BOV
- AccessPORT (tuning software)
- unorthodox racing under drive crank pulley
- Stromung full 3" stainless exhaust incl, divorced down pipe
- TEIN Flex coil overs
- OZ Racing Ultraleggera 18"
- JVC headunit (KD-G820) with iPod hook up
- Diamond 5 1/4" component speakers in front
- Diamond 6 1/2" component speakers in rear
- Short shifter
- Brembo slotted rotors
- Exedy clutch
- Momo shift ****
- Greddy turbo timer
- Autometer boost gauge
- Tuned to 17psi
The car is perfect besides the paint on the hood and some dents, and it doesn't have AC.

Ran a 13.59 spinning the tires cause it was wet out.








BUUT right now it has a bit of a problem. It doesn't reach 17psi like it's supposed to, and it's breaking up under boost :/
rage941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:46 AM   #22
MT Pony Underground
iTrader: (6)
 
Nagase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,811
Total Cats: 0
Default

Keep the scooby. That Miata is crap.
Nagase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:46 AM   #23
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,703
Total Cats: 237
Default

Your impreza is sex.

That is seriously one of my favorite cars with that swap.
Fireindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #24
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,868
Total Cats: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage941 View Post
I don't follow...

ClubRoadster- The anti-performance forum. There is a general formula that everyone there follows in order to be e-cool- XXR/SportMaxx wheels, cheap suspension that is only good for "slammage" and a Home Depot/DIY front lip.

13" wheels- Easy way to help achieve superslammage. The only acceptable use of 13" wheels is to reduce unsprung weight for the most fanatical autox'er.

202k on a early 1.6 chassis is up there on miles. It won't feel as solid and would probably need some added chassis bracing to restore it's youth.
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #25
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
rccote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,595
Total Cats: 17
Default

Stupid slammed stickered bullshit. If you really want a miata, sell your car and build your own. Do it right.
rccote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #26
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,687
Total Cats: 1,562
Default

Wasn't skinny roadster best buddies with that other supposed scammer down here called ripracer? They were both somehow involved with Enjuku iirc.

There are plenty of well-sorted turbo Miatas with name brand suspensions and other components with reputable owners on this forum if you are looking for a trade. This community doesn't tolerate a lot of the crap that happens on other forums. We ban early and often. We cater to DIY'ers and racers.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #27
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,202
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage941 View Post
It's a 1997 Impreza with with an 02 WRX swap(interior, transmission and engine).
104k on engine

Maintenance:
New gates racing timing belt
New water pump, tensioner and all idler pulleys
Transmission replaced(new clutch with it), clutch master cylinder, lots more
New O2 sensors

Mods:
- Blitz dual drive BOV
- AccessPORT (tuning software)
- unorthodox racing under drive crank pulley
- Stromung full 3" stainless exhaust incl, divorced down pipe
- TEIN Flex coil overs
- OZ Racing Ultraleggera 18"
- JVC headunit (KD-G820) with iPod hook up
- Diamond 5 1/4" component speakers in front
- Diamond 6 1/2" component speakers in rear
- Short shifter
- Brembo slotted rotors
- Exedy clutch
- Momo shift ****
- Greddy turbo timer
- Autometer boost gauge
- Tuned to 17psi
The car is perfect besides the paint on the hood and some dents, and it doesn't have AC.

Ran a 13.59 spinning the tires cause it was wet out.








BUUT right now it has a bit of a problem. It doesn't reach 17psi like it's supposed to, and it's breaking up under boost :/
Let me get this straight: you ran the quarter mile when it was raining? Since when do they let people do that? And that time is about right for your setup. Stop making it sound like you'd run 12's if it wasn't wet.

Being a subaru junkie for years I know what those cars run


Regardless of all that though, I love your car and don't think you should trade for that POS miata in the original post.

Are you protuned? If yes, by whom
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #28
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
rccote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,595
Total Cats: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage941 View Post
He said he has a welded diff with a reinforced housing.
Run away.
rccote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: EXTREME Southern Illinois
Posts: 281
Total Cats: 0
Default

Keep the Impreza +1
If you are bored with the scoobie, find your local rallycross events. The problem with the old RS/WRX drivetrain, is that the more grip they have, the duller they are. Go play on some gravel or dirt and they get exponentially more fun.
DammitBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #30
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Let me get this straight: you ran the quarter mile when it was raining? Since when do they let people do that? And that time is about right for your setup. Stop making it sound like you'd run 12's if it wasn't wet.

Being a subaru junkie for years I know what those cars run


Regardless of all that though, I love your car and don't think you should trade for that POS miata in the original post.

Are you protuned? If yes, by whom
It wasn't raining, they just sprayed the track and I just drove through (no burn out of course) it and was sitting in the water when I took off(I'm no drag racer, but my guess would be that's not how it's supposed to happen; bunch of inbreds running that place though, so...) Spun all through first and got a little crooked. So I do believe 13.59 isn't the best it can do. However, you're misinterpreting what I said, and I'm not trying to say it would run 12's by any means.

What subies have owned?

Just used one of the accessports stage 2 maps.
rage941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #31
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitBeavis View Post
Keep the Impreza +1
If you are bored with the scoobie, find your local rallycross events. The problem with the old RS/WRX drivetrain, is that the more grip they have, the duller they are. Go play on some gravel or dirt and they get exponentially more fun.
Exactly. It get's boring having all that grip. I like to drift around a corner every once in a while

Problem is there is nothing really like that around here(Florida).
rage941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #32
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,202
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage941 View Post
It wasn't raining, they just sprayed the track and I just drove through (no burn out of course) it and was sitting in the water when I took off(I'm no drag racer, but my guess would be that's not how it's supposed to happen; bunch of inbreds running that place though, so...) Spun all through first and got a little crooked. So I do believe 13.59 isn't the best it can do. However, you're misinterpreting what I said, and I'm not trying to say it would run 12's by any means.

What subies have owned?

Just used one of the accessports stage 2 maps.
Ah, that makes more sense. I"m sure its got low 13's in it in that case.
Ditch that POS cobb and opensource. Custom tune > OTS weakling map any day of the week

I had an 05, 07, and 06 WRX's. Went through about 10 different setups between the 3 cars, both the 06 and 07 were built engine/transmission.

I'd post pictures but I'm at work and photobucket is blocked FTL

I do part time opensource tuning for a local subie/evo shop
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #33
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,202
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

a swapped RS is one of the most desired cars in the subie community.

What makes you want to switch to a miata?

Don't get me wrong, I love miata's and they can be made insanely fast, but id definitely keep a swapped rs over a non-built small turbo miata.

When I get bored of my 2000 with the 3076r setup I'll probably go back to subarus
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #34
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: EXTREME Southern Illinois
Posts: 281
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage941 View Post
Exactly. It get's boring having all that grip. I like to drift around a corner every once in a while

Problem is there is nothing really like that around here(Florida).
http://www.floridaregionscca.com/Rally.html
Looks like they run at someplace called "Thundercross"?
No years on the calendar, so it might be old...

And the storehouse of all things filthy, http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/
DammitBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #35
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 97
Total Cats: 0
Default

It sounds far from an even trade. Over 200k and who knows how many of those miles have been with the car slammed...I can't even imagine what the underside of that car looks like.
nixapgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #36
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,687
Total Cats: 1,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage941 View Post
Problem is there is nothing really like that around here(Florida).
Oh yes there is. There are several rallycross outfits within a 1-3 hour drive and a full fledged off road rally racing school near Stark, FL. I'd post links but I'm driving in traffic right now.

Here:
http://www.gorally.com/erssite/

Last edited by sixshooter; 09-13-2010 at 06:05 PM.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #37
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
chicksdigmiatas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas, 'Murica
Posts: 2,505
Total Cats: 7
Default

After seeing you subie. Keep it. I am jealous of that car. Plus the miata looks like turd butter on *** shingles.
chicksdigmiatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:21 PM   #38
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Ah, that makes more sense. I"m sure its got low 13's in it in that case.
Ditch that POS cobb and opensource. Custom tune > OTS weakling map any day of the week

I had an 05, 07, and 06 WRX's. Went through about 10 different setups between the 3 cars, both the 06 and 07 were built engine/transmission.

I'd post pictures but I'm at work and photobucket is blocked FTL

I do part time opensource tuning for a local subie/evo shop
Well, the car is stock besides exhaust..do I really need that? And what would I need to do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
a swapped RS is one of the most desired cars in the subie community.

What makes you want to switch to a miata?

Don't get me wrong, I love miata's and they can be made insanely fast, but id definitely keep a swapped rs over a non-built small turbo miata.

When I get bored of my 2000 with the 3076r setup I'll probably go back to subarus
Wasn't really looking to switch to a miata...it just got offered to me, and it's just I want something RWD and just something more "raw". I don't really know how to describe it other than that...but I want something low, small, stripped down, loud, and with an inline engine for simplicity. What first comes to mind is a 240sx but there are some many idiots that own those, I'm kind of turned off.
The subie is fun and all, but it doesn't have the fun factor some other cars have....for example, even lowered I still sit really high and I don't feel like I'm driving a sports car. I had a 300zx (Z32) and as corny as it sounds I felt like I was in a **** pit in a jet or something. You sank down in the seat and it was just awesome. And it's fun having RWD and just acting like a fool, can't do that in the subie.

And like I said I kind of want an inline engine. The Z32s V6 was a huge pain to deal with and the subaru isn't a whole lot better...still hard to access a lot of stuff. An inline engine with all the deletes possible...imagine working on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitBeavis View Post
http://www.floridaregionscca.com/Rally.html
Looks like they run at someplace called "Thundercross"?
No years on the calendar, so it might be old...

And the storehouse of all things filthy, http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/
Hmm...looks like cars in a field of dead grass. I could do that on my own lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
Oh yes there is. There are several rallycross outfits within a 1-3 hour drive and a full fledged off road rally racing school near Stark, FL. I'd post links but I'm driving in traffic right now.

Here:
http://www.gorally.com/erssite/
****'s over 700 bucks!
I'm not a drift fan boy, but it sure can be fun, and it's $20 at the track 10 mins away :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicksdigmiatas View Post
After seeing you subie. Keep it. I am jealous of that car. Plus the miata looks like turd butter on *** shingles.
Lol thanks.

Last edited by rage941; 09-13-2010 at 11:28 PM.
rage941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #39
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

**** it.

Obviously you came here looking to pimp out your subaru and respond oppositional-defiantly to our blandishment and imploring pleas to keep your fine automobile and trade it for that piddling weaksauce example of a turbo miata.

You're just a troll. Actually, you're worse. Your stupid subaru laughs in our faces in its converted glory while you blather about its inadequacies.

You already have your mind made up, so go on, and trade your nice car for that piece of ****. While you're at it, get some naked pics of your new enjuku boyfriend so we can make that your new fagatar.
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:21 PM   #40
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeflora View Post
**** it.

Obviously you came here looking to pimp out your subaru and respond oppositional-defiantly to our blandishment and imploring pleas to keep your fine automobile and trade it for that piddling weaksauce example of a turbo miata.

You're just a troll. Actually, you're worse. Your stupid subaru laughs in our faces in its converted glory while you blather about its inadequacies.

You already have your mind made up, so go on, and trade your nice car for that piece of ****. While you're at it, get some naked pics of your new enjuku boyfriend so we can make that your new fagatar.
Lol, I'm the troll? Re read what I bolded, that pretty much defines a troll. Had to ruin a nice welcoming thread; I was pleasantly surprised not having at least one dick wad, up until you posted.

Second, thanks for the compliments on my car.

Third, my mind was not made up, and I have no desire for the miata after everybody's posts, so don't act like you know what you're talking about.

Everyone here turned me off of the miata pretty much in the first few posts, and the thread isn't even about that anymore. Now it's obviously just an off topic thread about people interested in my car, my personal preferences when it comes to cars, and people giving me advice about rally cross events. Really not much mention of the original miata on this whole 2nd page.

In fact, feel free to move this out of general miata chat.

Done feeding the troll.
rage941 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
elesjuan's mediocre 95 Miata adventure (google fiber edition) elesjuan Build Threads 8 02-16-2016 09:36 PM
Project DDoS: '99 "Budget" boost build ProjectDDoS Build Threads 1 09-09-2015 02:52 PM
New here, saying hi, here's what I'm workin with. SuperSneakySecretSquirrel Meet and Greet 5 09-06-2015 09:30 PM
2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback - Pearl White - 83k miles - $16999 Braineack Cars for sale/trade 3 09-04-2015 03:12 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 PM.