Oh My God I Just Bought A Tranny W/o Synchro - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Closed Thread
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #41
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscar View Post
Hey Fastmiata, didn't you say your father or uncle was a mechanic? Do you bother to run these questions past them before asking us?

C
sorry, you must have me confused. i may have said my uncle is a mechanical engineer..? and my father runs a machine shop and i know my way around cars pretty well(mostly old ones tho)
1fastmiata is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:26 PM   #42
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Trent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,625
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmiata View Post
listen, if you want to trash on me READ THE EFFING THREAD CORRECTLY!!! i NEVER said it didnt go into gear. i said it felt a little rough. first of all i have had this care for about 5k miles, MY FATHER AND I PURCHASED IT FROM MY UNCLE AND THERE HAS BEEN 3 DRIVERS EACH TRACK EVENT... NOT MY DRIVING!!!! AND IF YOU LOOK AROUND YOU WILL FIND THAT RACECAR MIATAS GO THROUGH 1.6L TRANSMISSIONS EVERY 50K MILES (THATS OFF OF A SPEC SITE PS ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CHECK UP ON IT). i will eff anyone up in a straight line drag in the same car, dont talk about shifting, go ahead and take an automagic and line up next to me, see who gets down the track first.
I'm going to calmly explain to you the problem with your reasoning, because i don't like to be confrontational and think it's better to teach and reason than it is to belittle and insult.







The problem is that you are a complete dumbass.
Trent is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:29 PM   #43
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxGoKoUxXx View Post
u guys gotta give him some slack..... if i'm correct.... aren't the JDM Na6 and Na8's more powerful than our B series motors by a little? that's probably what gave him the idea to get the "JDM" transmission....

kid doesn't know much, he's trying to learn, and i'm sure since he just got ripped off via ebay..... he's learned his lesson enough to not earn a bashinh from us mt.net people
YAY!!! Another nice guy!!!! someone thought of it!!! JDM engines put out a couple more HP!
1fastmiata is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:33 PM   #44
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
Is it matched to a JDM engine?

You need both for them to work properly.
you might have been sarcastic but just in case... are you sure? bolt pattern looks to be the same.. i dont have my tranny out of the car yet so im not positive
1fastmiata is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:34 PM   #45
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersaiyan93 View Post
I'm going to calmly explain to you the problem with your reasoning, because i don't like to be confrontational and think it's better to teach and reason than it is to belittle and insult.







The problem is that you are a complete dumbass.
ill do the same for you....




1fastmiata is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:34 PM   #46
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Trent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,625
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmiata View Post
you might have been sarcastic but just in case... are you sure? bolt pattern looks to be the same.. i dont have my tranny out of the car yet so im not positive
Remember the Tostitos commercials from a few years back?

"Really?"
"No....NOT really."
Trent is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:36 PM   #47
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Trent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,625
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmiata View Post
ill do the same for you....




be careful with that second emoticon. This is a miata site. I might ask for a reacharound too, sweetcheeks.

Ahhhh.........I'm going to so miss our little discussions when you're gone.
Trent is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:39 PM   #48
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (5)
 
bryantaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jacksonville, fl
Posts: 1,720
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersaiyan93 View Post
I'm going to calmly explain to you the problem with your reasoning, because i don't like to be confrontational and think it's better to teach and reason than it is to belittle and insult.







The problem is that you are a complete dumbass.
LOL, and again, ban!
bryantaylor is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:41 PM   #49
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Loki047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,145
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmiata View Post
YAY!!! Another nice guy!!!! someone thought of it!!! JDM engines put out a couple more HP!
Yeah of course so they dont put synchros in the transmission.
Loki047 is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #50
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki047 View Post
Yeah of course so they dont put synchros in the transmission.
ps, its japan, you have to consider the source... they are all dumbasses over there. plus they have to get rid of there engines after 5 years or 50k miles
1fastmiata is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #51
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Trent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,625
Total Cats: 5
Default

All joking aside, 1fastmiata, go research what a synchro actually DOES in a transmission and you will understand why we are giving you a hard time about this. as for it being hard to shift, understand that trans has probably been sitting in a warehouse for who knows how long (18 years? lol.) DRY, so it probably has rust flashed on all the internal parts. Get it filled with the correct type and amount of oil then mount the thing in the car and RUN it.

If you send it back to him, based on your description, YOU will be the idiot. You will be out a transmission and you money because it sounds like he is playing you for the fool you seem deadset on BEING.
Trent is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:46 PM   #52
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

and ps, i like straight answers im so sick of sarcasm.. it makes me terribly mad
1fastmiata is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:47 PM   #53
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

and im not sending it back. i know what synchros do, they just make it so the car shifts smoother and easier.. also so you dont HAVE to double clutch
1fastmiata is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:50 PM   #54
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

You got fucked over because you are ignorant. Straight and to the point. You continue to show your lack of maturity and ignorance, stop it please.
jayc72 is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #55
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

i was wondering when you would come in. you always have worthless input to add
1fastmiata is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:53 PM   #56
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

come back*
1fastmiata is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:56 PM   #57
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Trent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,625
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmiata View Post
plus they have to get rid of there engines after 5 years or 50k miles
Oh Jesus. I missed this little gem.

Who told you that?! Call him up and tell him you're going over. When he answers the door, PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE.

The Japanese are not REQUIRED to change out their engines every 5 years.
Trent is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:59 PM   #58
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wilbraham, ma
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 0
Default

you sure about that? because it has something to do with emissions or smog or something, not really sure... i was told this back when i had my probe and was about to purchase a jspec engine with 40k on it and the gentleman that i was trying to purchase from explained this to me
1fastmiata is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 12:05 AM   #59
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Trent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,625
Total Cats: 5
Default

Who was the engine importer? I had a guy at Noyan motorsports tell me the same thing when i went to order a KLZE for my old mx6 (small world, isn't it? ). Sorry, but it just isn't true. The problem is that cars become more expensive to operate given time, plus those who own cars in Japan typically want the latest and greatest. Call it a national pride issue. Repair costs are high there. So people just buy a car for a bit and sell it when it gets some age on it. And of course, that's not everyone, but that's the trend.
Trent is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 12:08 AM   #60
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 790
Total Cats: 0
Default

I thought you could not get any ******* more idiotic.
reddroptop is offline  
 
 
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 59 12-15-2017 09:00 PM
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
Noob to Miataturbo from MA JxPhan Meet and Greet 3 10-02-2015 03:17 AM
Bizarre connection issue? nick470 MEGAsquirt 1 09-30-2015 11:32 PM
VR6 to Miata Swap ScrapinMX5 Meet and Greet 8 09-28-2015 02:04 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.