raced a damn quick legacy - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

raced a damn quick legacy

Old 05-26-2008, 03:32 AM
  #21  
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,616
Total Cats: 54
Default

Originally Posted by silentbob343 View Post

NASIOC is one of the better forums, but a little impreza centric. Although so much is interchangable that the info, esp. engine/tuning info, applies to pretty much all of Subaru's turbo cars.

Great Legacy forum;
http://www.legacygt.com/
Yea thats where I was, NASIOC. I saw it was a Impreza based forum, but that under 2.5 for example, it sub listed Legacy GT. I sent here some links, I doubt she'll do much, but hopefully something. Nobdy likes a stocker....

lolz.....are you kidding! She probably wont ever hit full boost! I'm testin this bitch the day I see it.

Vash-
Vashthestampede is offline  
Old 05-26-2008, 06:13 AM
  #22  
VladiTuned
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 35,124
Total Cats: 3,133
Default

Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
Actually I don't mean to nitpick.. but technically releasing metered air isn't making the car lean, it actually makes it rich.........
oops, thats my bad it was a typo: i meant to say run rich.........
the backfiring varies from car to car, ive seen some occasionally pop, and some routinely backfire violently....a friend of mine shoots flames EVERY TIME when he lets off in 5th after wot..
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede View Post
Yea thats where I was, NASIOC. I saw it was a Impreza based forum, but that under 2.5 for example, it sub listed Legacy GT. I sent here some links, I doubt she'll do much, but hopefully something. Nobdy likes a stocker....

lolz.....are you kidding! She probably wont ever hit full boost! I'm testin this bitch the day I see it.

Vash-
yep, nasioc is a great site. www.iwsti.com is also VERY good, it focuses more on sti's but has by far some of the best write-ups and info ever. you could also check out:
www.i-club.com
www.club-wrx.net
and some tuning sites that are VERY good:
www.openecu.org
www.osecuroms.org
www.romraider.com

cable(80)+ots map(50)+downpipe(120)+exhaust(350)=
Attachment 212928
just look at that torque curve

Last edited by 18psi; 03-26-2018 at 01:32 PM.
18psi is offline  
Old 05-26-2008, 06:24 AM
  #23  
VladiTuned
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 35,124
Total Cats: 3,133
Default

hey theadstarter, what kinda power are you puttin down in your miata?
18psi is offline  
Old 05-26-2008, 01:30 PM
  #24  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 138
Total Cats: 0
Default

oh and a good "how to" site;
http://www.scoobymods.com/
silentbob343 is offline  
Old 05-26-2008, 04:11 PM
  #25  
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,362
Total Cats: 43
Default

Originally Posted by silentbob343 View Post
yes, you are correct it causes a rich condition and while some run VTA BOVs it is generally frowned upon in the Subaru commuinty. Esp. since there isn't much need for one on the typical "stage" cars other than to get that "turbo" noise.

Waste of time and money when a flashed ECU is capable of handling mods, i.e. accesport, ECUTEK, or OpenECU.

If I understand correctly, you can even add extra things like a 2-step with the COBB equipment to the factory ECU Right? That's pretty pimp... Wish COBB would hurry up and get some Speed3/6 stuff released!
elesjuan is offline  
Old 05-26-2008, 06:31 PM
  #26  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 138
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
If I understand correctly, you can even add extra things like a 2-step with the COBB equipment to the factory ECU Right? That's pretty pimp... Wish COBB would hurry up and get some Speed3/6 stuff released!
I believe it can via Protune software and IIRC eniginuity/Romraider recently added launch control/FFS
silentbob343 is offline  
Old 05-26-2008, 08:58 PM
  #27  
VladiTuned
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 35,124
Total Cats: 3,133
Default

opensource launch control and wot shifting was released a few months ago, for an aditional 35 bux
18psi is offline  
Old 05-26-2008, 09:51 PM
  #28  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 171
Total Cats: 0
Default

Vlads an open source guy. Unless you like throwing away money, open source can do everything the Cobb AP can
J.T. is offline  
Old 05-26-2008, 10:17 PM
  #29  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 138
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
Vlads an open source guy. Unless you like throwing away money, open source can do everything the Cobb AP can
Opensource is what I plan to use when I do my Subaru project. Not for several years though
silentbob343 is offline  
Old 05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
  #30  
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,134
Total Cats: 21
Default

Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
there is no need for an aftermarket uppipe as they are catless
This is false, the '05 Legacy GT's did have a cat in the up-pipe. The '06 and newer models do not.
Efini~FC3S is online now  
Old 05-26-2008, 11:00 PM
  #31  
Senior Member
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 703
Total Cats: 0
Default

Subaru people: What fuel economy are you seeing? I am looking for a replacement for an S4 which gets 23 on the highway on a good day.
pschmidt is offline  
Old 05-26-2008, 11:05 PM
  #32  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 138
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by pschmidt View Post
Subaru people: What fuel economy are you seeing? I am looking for a replacement for an S4 which gets 23 on the highway on a good day.
Not any better, depending on mods, tune, and driving style you'll get 19-24. My brother's stock 08 STi has averaged 21.1 which is close to what his 02 WRX did.
silentbob343 is offline  
Old 05-26-2008, 11:58 PM
  #33  
VladiTuned
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 35,124
Total Cats: 3,133
Default

Originally Posted by Efini~FC3S View Post
This is false, the '05 Legacy GT's did have a cat in the up-pipe. The '06 and newer models do not.
i was unaware of the year. yes the newer ones do not have a catted uppipe, while the older ones do.
Originally Posted by silentbob343 View Post
Not any better, depending on mods, tune, and driving style you'll get 19-24. My brother's stock 08 STi has averaged 21.1 which is close to what his 02 WRX did.
correct. i would not expect any kind of good gas mileage out of a subaru. my 07 wrx got me around 21-23mpg when stock, with current mods around 16-20 depending on driving.
18psi is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Full_Tilt_Boogie
Build Threads
63
08-09-2018 07:54 PM
emilio700
Wheels and Tires
151
06-02-2017 03:36 PM
Quinn
Cars for sale/trade
6
10-23-2016 08:58 AM
Rick02R
WTB
3
01-03-2016 08:18 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: raced a damn quick legacy


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.