What yr is best to wreck by driving off a cliff? - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2008, 06:31 PM   #41
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,353
Total Cats: 1,319
Default

Best thread title change ever.
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #42
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSoot View Post
let him build a nice drift miata. when his son smashes it into a wall, it will be parted out. get my point?
Even better than samnavy's 1.5 year from now dibs!

Dibs on the manifold, turbo and DP! The IC will most likely be toast.
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #43
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 4,480
Total Cats: 3
Default

dibs on differential
UrbanSoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #44
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Saml01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,730
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levnubhin View Post
He's 16 and you want to put him in a 2200lb turbo car? How about starting with something a little easier to handle. Not that Miatas are monsters or anything but he should atleast get some experience in driving first. I would never give my car to a 16 year old and my car is no where near the fastest car on here.
Monsters maybe no, but very easy to get over confident in and get in trouble.

Put him in a boat like an old crown vic that was a former police car and have him learn to drive.
Saml01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #45
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ABQ, NM
Posts: 1,850
Total Cats: -8
Default

I highly reccomend the E30. The miata takes a bit of work to drift well, the E30 is good right out the box if you weld the diff and pull the front sway bar.
BenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #46
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (5)
 
bryantaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jacksonville, fl
Posts: 1,720
Total Cats: 0
Default

i dont hate drifting, its fun as hell. but setting up a car to do just that is retarded.
bryantaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #47
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,702
Total Cats: 236
Default

Buy a cheap 1.6l, buy open 1.8 diff weld it, buy cheap(greddy?) turbo kit, buy mspnp9093, roll bar, etc. When he wrecks it i got dibs on ms and rollbar!
Fireindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,379
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkoupe View Post
....thinking of doing a drift car for my son....tia!
2008... Best model to drift yet!!! Other than that, a 1990 Miata would be best. But the best Miata is preferably a sunkist car or a yellow 1992.

Mark

PS - The 1999 10AE's wreck super well!!!
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #49
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Malibu, CA
Posts: 749
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saml01 View Post
Monsters maybe no, but very easy to get over confident in and get in trouble.

Put him in a boat like an old crown vic that was a former police car and have him learn to drive.
Why the **** do you try and deter every 16y/o who wants a miata? And every time you suggest getting a shitty old crown vic. Miatas are great cars to learn how to drive in, and can teach you many aspects of car control which a crown vic would fail to do so.

Are you just angry about having a **** car when you were 16 and want every other 16y/o to have a **** car too? There will always be rich ******* kids with nice cars, but a miata is far from overkill, and a relatively sensible and cheap vehicle to start out in. You can(and likely will) crash anything when you are 16. Plus like Slava pointed out, if he crashes it, more parts for us.

On the drifting tip though, I'd seriously get something easier to slide around, and an E30 would be really cool, but if it must be a miata, then I'd say 1.6 because **** is cheap yo.
speedf50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #50
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 4,480
Total Cats: 3
Default

kostya, because 16 year olds tend to drive their miata off the cliff or get tickets for racing in canyons.


sorry, i couldnt resist
UrbanSoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #51
Guest
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vaughan, On, Canada
Posts: 1,092
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth97 View Post
best year to wreck is 06+. it makes them look better.

HA HA HA.. I agreed.. They are fugly!
M-Tuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #52
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Saml01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,730
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedf50 View Post
Why the **** do you try and deter every 16y/o who wants a miata? And every time you suggest getting a shitty old crown vic. Miatas are great cars to learn how to drive in, and can teach you many aspects of car control which a crown vic would fail to do so.

Are you just angry about having a **** car when you were 16 and want every other 16y/o to have a **** car too? There will always be rich ******* kids with nice cars, but a miata is far from overkill, and a relatively sensible and cheap vehicle to start out in. You can(and likely will) crash anything when you are 16. Plus like Slava pointed out, if he crashes it, more parts for us.
You speak as though I recommend the same thing all the time and post it constantly

I am merely saying that it would be wise to start on something cheap and safe while you learn to drive. Its better that way for everyone. It prevents you from getting over confident and driving outside your abilities. It teaches the driver respect for what he has and he can graduate onto bigger things.

If people have the money its their prerogative, I am not telling anyone how to spend it. I am, however, making a suggestion that could yield positive results.

I for one didn't have a car at 16. I started driving at the age of 18, and it was my mothers 92 Marquis. I then moved onto a 99 Altima which I still have, and now the Miata.

Now. If you are one of these rich ******* kids, then stop getting so ******* defensive.
Saml01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #53
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 4,480
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saml01 View Post
I for one didn't have a car at 16. I started driving at the age of 18
+1
UrbanSoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #54
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,868
Total Cats: 66
Default

any 90-93...bauce the 1.6 isn't worth a crap. I don't mind seeing 1.6 cars go bye-bye...... 1.8 cars are nicer cars so please don't destroy one. Oh and make sure the car has leather.



hehe
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #55
Hittin' Boost & Cones
iTrader: (2)
 
240_to_miata's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Posts: 2,572
Total Cats: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedfan121 View Post
get him a 240 so when he crashes it...cause it will happen....it'll be cheaper to replace and or fix.
So truthfull.... i speek from experience

3 experiences to be exact
240_to_miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #56
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Atlanta93LE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,198
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
the 1.6 isn't worth a crap. I don't mind seeing 1.6 cars go bye-bye......
Atlanta93LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #57
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,868
Total Cats: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta93LE View Post


you ******* know im kidding!!!
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:49 PM   #58
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

All the 1.6's can go bye bye straight to my house.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #59
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,659
Total Cats: 54
Default

You should have him give this a try first.

NOTE: This kid is kinda lucky he didn't dump it at all. I can imagine coming off at a really bad time head first!



Vash-
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:30 AM   #60
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Malibu, CA
Posts: 749
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saml01 View Post
You speak as though I recommend the same thing all the time and post it constantly

I am merely saying that it would be wise to start on something cheap and safe while you learn to drive. Its better that way for everyone. It prevents you from getting over confident and driving outside your abilities. It teaches the driver respect for what he has and he can graduate onto bigger things.

If people have the money its their prerogative, I am not telling anyone how to spend it. I am, however, making a suggestion that could yield positive results.

I for one didn't have a car at 16. I started driving at the age of 18, and it was my mothers 92 Marquis. I then moved onto a 99 Altima which I still have, and now the Miata.

Now. If you are one of these rich ******* kids, then stop getting so ******* defensive.
I apologize if I came off all defensive, but back in the day when I was on m.net and hadn't found the light of MT, you told me the EXACT same thing so it just seemed like a deja vu. I still think that if you pay for the car yourself then you should get what you want. All I was really trying to say is that you kind of portray the miata as some kind of fire-breather/widow maker which from my experience it isn't. Again, any 16 year old will find a way to drive a car dangerously, no matter what it may be.

And Slava, c'mon, I had stock suspension up front and crazy tein 330 springs in the rear. That was more like an accident waiting to happen, spurred on by a mid corner bump. But the fact that I left that without a scratch says something about the miata's safety, along with my amazing luck.

Also, who was it running canyons with a bunch of crazy Russians a few months ago?
speedf50 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad head gasket or ? shooterschmidty Engine Performance 8 09-30-2015 11:28 PM
"Chimney Ethanol" E100 MiataGarage Engine Performance 5 09-30-2015 12:04 AM
Odd Steering issue interestedofold Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 09-29-2015 02:42 PM
Another Alternator thread ihiryu General Miata Chat 9 09-28-2015 11:22 AM
In what world... curly MEGAsquirt 11 09-22-2015 12:54 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 AM.