anyone in souther colorado or NewMex want to take a newb snowboarding? - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default anyone in souther colorado or NewMex want to take a newb snowboarding?

I've never been before, and really don't want to go alone. I don't expect to be worth a ****, but I did skate for a shoe and deck company for a few years back in highschool.

I don't have any gear so i'll have to rent, I just don't want to go alone v.someone to drive me to the hospital.

I'm staying in Santa Fe for atleast another month. I hear "Sandia" might be better for the first time out because its cheap and easy. I want to get to a pipe though.

I don't expect it to be cake, but I borrowed a guy's roller blades one day (to show everyone how much of a ***** rollergays were) and I was airing and grinding on a vert ramp in about 30 minutes.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
Elite Member
 
Philip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,270
Total Cats: -4
Default

I don't snowboard.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #3
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,702
Total Cats: 237
Default

Lol, yeah a few years ago i was pretty heavy into bmx(i still ride occasionally) and we called the rollerbladers fruitbooters. Way better term for them.

Ive been snowboarding once, and i would deff go with you- but im a cheap bastard and am saving all of my money for my car.

Good luck though.
Fireindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 865
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireindc View Post
Lol, yeah a few years ago i was pretty heavy into bmx(i still ride occasionally) and we called the rollerbladers fruitbooters. Way better term for them.

Ive been snowboarding once, and i would deff go with you- but im a cheap bastard and am saving all of my money for my car.

Good luck though.

same thing here,me and most of my friends that ride (or use to) got into import cars.'

i work at a bike shop.
turbopezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:04 AM   #5
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireindc View Post
Lol, yeah a few years ago i was pretty heavy into bmx(i still ride occasionally) and we called the rollerbladers fruitbooters. Way better term for them.

Ive been snowboarding once, and i would deff go with you- but im a cheap bastard and am saving all of my money for my car.

Good luck though.
I didn't think anyone here would know "fruitboot" or "rollergays." Did you ever do that turbo install? I want to peep it.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:17 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Altus AFB, Oklahoma
Posts: 144
Total Cats: 0
Default

im in southern colorado.(springs)
i used go like every month til this season for some reason, i think its because my senior year and about to move to texas :(. but we're a bunch of highschool kids so hey...not sure if you're cool with that... i seem to be the only level headed one. just letting you know. hehe.

thought i'd add:

-Atomic Axum 156
-Burton Shaun White boots (not sure what the model name is cause they were bought from a friend. the white pair with the skulls and guitars)
-K2 formula bindings.

like an $800 setup that i paid about 300 for :P dont ask...
ColoradoSpringsMiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:25 PM   #7
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSpringsMiata View Post
im in southern colorado.(springs)
i used go like every month til this season for some reason, i think its because my senior year and about to move to texas :(. but we're a bunch of highschool kids so hey...not sure if you're cool with that... i seem to be the only level headed one. just letting you know. hehe.

thought i'd add:

-Atomic Axum 156
-Burton Shaun White boots (not sure what the model name is cause they were bought from a friend. the white pair with the skulls and guitars)
-K2 formula bindings.

like an $800 setup that i paid about 300 for :P dont ask...
that's cool, if you are down for chillin with a 26 year old man, with a slower car than you.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,702
Total Cats: 237
Default

haha, yeah man same thing happend to me- me and all my pals got into imports, good friend of mine got a white 94 miata and an fm2 turbo on it, another got a 240sx, another a civic si, another a 240z, and so on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
I didn't think anyone here would know "fruitboot" or "rollergays." Did you ever do that turbo install? I want to peep it.

Man, not yet.. ******* snow- every weekend since i got the kit its snowed just enough to **** me over, and i have a bad feeling about next weekend as i might not be able to get off work. Between school and work im pretty out of time. Either way after i graduate this year im moving the **** back to texas with my friends, haha.
Fireindc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It runs! But not well.. Input appreciated. viriiguy MEGAsquirt 10 09-04-2015 07:28 PM
Score! Stein Insert BS here 5 10-01-2008 12:52 AM
Id rather have snow than be a red neck. Saml01 Insert BS here 34 02-23-2008 03:23 PM
Colorado power bottom looking for hot cock biglady112 Insert BS here 80 05-08-2007 11:33 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 PM.