Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Drifting is more Shlammed than it looks

 
Old 12-18-2018, 01:16 AM
  #41  
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 43
Total Cats: -7
Default

>OP posts a thread that engages multiple people in a positive way
>couple of moderators don't like the subdivision of motorsport
>changes name to **** on and constantly talks down on all those that enjoy it

Again, I don't understand the unnecessary hate (if you'd like to fill me in on why you hate it so much, I'm very interested) but you're welcome to have whatever opinion on the sport whether good or bad. But why do you guys need to take it to the next level and disrespect us like that?
tylerkun is offline  
Reply
Leave a poscat -4 Leave a negcat
Old 12-18-2018, 02:04 AM
  #42  
VladiTuned
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 35,196
Total Cats: 3,167
Default

Please cry a little bit more. I'm not quite ready
18psi is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 02:45 AM
  #43  
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 43
Total Cats: -7
Default

I can understand hating the sport for the fact that a kid is destroying a clean chassis, in turn lessening the numbers on Miatas on the road, but all the guys in this thread seem like knowledgeable people who are enjoying the sport without showing the characteristics of why you "don't particularly fancy drifting around here." I never said anything about your "joke" either... In fact I found it kind of humorous because your original post was not just you being an ***. I also never commented on whatever happened with shlammed but a 10 year member with sub-3000 posts doesn't look like "New user spam"
Sorry if it seems like I'm whining though.. I guess it's just the "delicate little snowflake" in me trying to understand why a group of friendly people are getting **** on.
tylerkun is offline  
Reply
Leave a poscat -5 Leave a negcat
Old 12-18-2018, 05:43 AM
  #44  
Moderator
iTrader: (12)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 19,092
Total Cats: 2,404
Default

Don't poke the touchy moderator with a stick too many times.
sixshooter is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 08:12 AM
  #45  
Hug Life
iTrader: (3)
 
Monk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Huntington, Indiana
Posts: 2,987
Total Cats: 611
Default

Originally Posted by tylerkun View Post
I can understand hating the sport for the fact that a kid is destroying a clean chassis, in turn lessening the numbers on Miatas on the road, but all the guys in this thread seem like knowledgeable people who are enjoying the sport without showing the characteristics of why you "don't particularly fancy drifting around here." I never said anything about your "joke" either... In fact I found it kind of humorous because your original post was not just you being an ***. I also never commented on whatever happened with shlammed but a 10 year member with sub-3000 posts doesn't look like "New user spam"
Sorry if it seems like I'm whining though.. I guess it's just the "delicate little snowflake" in me trying to understand why a group of friendly people are getting **** on.
There wasn't any "hate" in this thread, just some good-natured ribbing.
If you're going to start lecturing us, you're going to have a bad time.
Shlammed wasn't banned for anything having to do with drifting or being a new user spammer.
I actually like the guy, but he has been asking for it for a long time.
Monk is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 08:27 AM
  #46  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 649
Total Cats: 64
Default

Tylerkun, let me preface this by saying that I have nothing against drifting or the stance crowd. Matter of fact, I'd likely be doing the same thing if I were a millenial. But allow me to share my age and pseudo wisdom with you. Many moons ago when I was a very young man, my much older second cousin shared this story with me:

There once was a little bird who refused to take his friends' advice to fly South for the winter. It was a beautiful day and he was enjoying having all the fruits and berries to himself as the weather quickly started to cool. Sensing trouble and with his belly full he decided to start his flight South.

However, the weather came in faster than he could fly. As he lost his body heat he started losing altitude and starts contemplating his terrible miscalculation. Finally he hits the ground in a huge empty field and can't believe he's going to die frozen and alone.

From out of nowhere a cow walks by and drops a huge steaming pile of **** on him. He can't believe this is how he would die: frozen, alone, and in a big pile of ****.

But just as he thinks all is lost he starts feeling the warmth of the steaming pile on his body. He suddenly feels that he will find a way to make it South and live to learn from his lesson. He is so overcome with joy that he starts chirping and singing and flapping his wings in celebration!

Just then a scrawny old beat up farm cat catches the display the little bird is putting on and without hesitation pounces on him, drags him out of the ****, and eats him.

The moral of the story:

-Not everyone who ***** on you is your enemy.

-Not everyone who gets you out of **** is your friend.

-If you are perfectly happy in a steaming pile of ****, don't feel the need to tell anyone about it.

In case you don't understand my dinosaur old man denture talk:

-You are the little bird.

-The haters are your friends.

-Drifting is the steaming pile of ****.

-The mods are the farm cat.

Keep chirping, you are about to get eaten.
hector is offline  
Reply
Leave a poscat 12 Leave a negcat
Old 12-18-2018, 08:54 AM
  #47  
Moderator
iTrader: (12)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 19,092
Total Cats: 2,404
Default

Lol.

Old guys know.
sixshooter is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 10:32 AM
  #48  
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 283
Total Cats: 29
Default

I'm not a hater, but if I have one more kid come up to me and ask if I "whip it" , I will have no choice but seppuku. No - I literally built my car not to slide.

Damn skid racers...
Joker is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 10:41 AM
  #49  
Senior Member
 
matrussell122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,339
Total Cats: 227
Default

Originally Posted by Joker View Post
I'm not a hater, but if I have one more kid come up to me and ask if I "whip it" , I will have no choice but seppuku. No - I literally built my car not to slide.

Damn skid racers...
Right! We all strive for the most traction possible and they just want to lose it.

But hey at least they get mad props bacefook and graminsta
matrussell122 is online now  
Old 12-18-2018, 10:54 AM
  #50  
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago. (The non-murder part.)
Posts: 29,169
Total Cats: 2,870
Default

Originally Posted by Joker View Post
I'm not a hater, but if I have one more kid come up to me and ask if I "whip it" , I will have no choice but seppuku.
Whip it? I've never heard that term before. At least not in the context of drifting a car.

If this really does happen to you that often, it might be worth spending a few dollars some kind of portable audio player (the kind, like a Staples Easy button, where it just plays one single clip when you press a button), and loading it with an excerpt from Devo's 1980 magnum opus Whip It

Joe Perez is online now  
Old 12-18-2018, 11:05 AM
  #51  
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 283
Total Cats: 29
Default

Considering putting a radio back in my car for just this reason. ^^^
Joker is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 12:33 PM
  #52  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (62)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 76,527
Total Cats: 2,305
Default

Originally Posted by tylerkun View Post
I can understand hating the sport for the fact that a kid is destroying a clean chassis, in turn lessening the numbers on Miatas on the road, but all the guys in this thread seem like knowledgeable people who are enjoying the sport without showing the characteristics of why you "don't particularly fancy drifting around here." I never said anything about your "joke" either... In fact I found it kind of humorous because your original post was not just you being an ***. I also never commented on whatever happened with shlammed but a 10 year member with sub-3000 posts doesn't look like "New user spam"
Sorry if it seems like I'm whining though.. I guess it's just the "delicate little snowflake" in me trying to understand why a group of friendly people are getting **** on.
go **** yourself.

do it now.
Braineack is online now  
Old 12-18-2018, 12:42 PM
  #53  
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Boca Raton
Posts: 153
Total Cats: 47
Default

Originally Posted by hector View Post
Tylerkun, let me preface this by saying that I have nothing against drifting or the stance crowd. Matter of fact, I'd likely be doing the same thing if I were a millenial. But allow me to share my age and pseudo wisdom with you. Many moons ago when I was a very young man, my much older second cousin shared this story with me:

There once was a little bird who refused to take his friends' advice to fly South for the winter. It was a beautiful day and he was enjoying having all the fruits and berries to himself as the weather quickly started to cool. Sensing trouble and with his belly full he decided to start his flight South.

However, the weather came in faster than he could fly. As he lost his body heat he started losing altitude and starts contemplating his terrible miscalculation. Finally he hits the ground in a huge empty field and can't believe he's going to die frozen and alone.

From out of nowhere a cow walks by and drops a huge steaming pile of **** on him. He can't believe this is how he would die: frozen, alone, and in a big pile of ****.

But just as he thinks all is lost he starts feeling the warmth of the steaming pile on his body. He suddenly feels that he will find a way to make it South and live to learn from his lesson. He is so overcome with joy that he starts chirping and singing and flapping his wings in celebration!

Just then a scrawny old beat up farm cat catches the display the little bird is putting on and without hesitation pounces on him, drags him out of the ****, and eats him.

The moral of the story:

-Not everyone who ***** on you is your enemy.

-Not everyone who gets you out of **** is your friend.

-If you are perfectly happy in a steaming pile of ****, don't feel the need to tell anyone about it.

In case you don't understand my dinosaur old man denture talk:

-You are the little bird.

-The haters are your friends.

-Drifting is the steaming pile of ****.

-The mods are the farm cat.

Keep chirping, you are about to get eaten.
They call me Hector. Got a last name too, but I can't pronounce it.
sometorque is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 02:03 PM
  #54  
VladiTuned
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 35,196
Total Cats: 3,167
Default

Originally Posted by hector View Post
Tylerkun, let me preface this by saying that I have nothing against drifting or the stance crowd. Matter of fact, I'd likely be doing the same thing if I were a millenial. But allow me to share my age and pseudo wisdom with you. Many moons ago when I was a very young man, my much older second cousin shared this story with me:

There once was a little bird who refused to take his friends' advice to fly South for the winter. It was a beautiful day and he was enjoying having all the fruits and berries to himself as the weather quickly started to cool. Sensing trouble and with his belly full he decided to start his flight South.

However, the weather came in faster than he could fly. As he lost his body heat he started losing altitude and starts contemplating his terrible miscalculation. Finally he hits the ground in a huge empty field and can't believe he's going to die frozen and alone.

From out of nowhere a cow walks by and drops a huge steaming pile of **** on him. He can't believe this is how he would die: frozen, alone, and in a big pile of ****.

But just as he thinks all is lost he starts feeling the warmth of the steaming pile on his body. He suddenly feels that he will find a way to make it South and live to learn from his lesson. He is so overcome with joy that he starts chirping and singing and flapping his wings in celebration!

Just then a scrawny old beat up farm cat catches the display the little bird is putting on and without hesitation pounces on him, drags him out of the ****, and eats him.

The moral of the story:

-Not everyone who ***** on you is your enemy.

-Not everyone who gets you out of **** is your friend.

-If you are perfectly happy in a steaming pile of ****, don't feel the need to tell anyone about it.

In case you don't understand my dinosaur old man denture talk:

-You are the little bird.

-The haters are your friends.

-Drifting is the steaming pile of ****.

-The mods are the farm cat.

Keep chirping, you are about to get eaten.
you sir, made my morning. I thank you kindly
18psi is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 02:06 PM
  #55  
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Boca Raton
Posts: 153
Total Cats: 47
Default

Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
go **** yourself.

do it now.
The urgency of this
sometorque is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 03:52 PM
  #56  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (62)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 76,527
Total Cats: 2,305
Default

hurry!
Braineack is online now  
Old 12-18-2018, 04:10 PM
  #57  
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 43
Total Cats: -7
Default

Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Please cry a little bit more. I'm not quite ready
The original message before it was edited...

Aint gonna regurgitate dozens of discussions on why we don't particularly fancy drifting around here for a delicate little snowflake, and besides my original post was more of a joke and OP knows me enough to get it. Shlammed getting shlammed is a whole 'nuther topic altogether, which I also aint regurgitating (just leave it at: he had it coming for a very long time). So quit 'yer whining because there's actually numerous dor1fto people here that almost never get any hate, and you're just encouraging it with your whining.

Originally Posted by Monk View Post
There wasn't any "hate" in this thread, just some good-natured ribbing.
If you're going to start lecturing us, you're going to have a bad time.
Shlammed wasn't banned for anything having to do with drifting or being a new user spammer.
I actually like the guy, but he has been asking for it for a long time.
I was never defending Shlammed, nor did I bring it up until 18psi commented on it before anyone else(which he changed)
I donít even have a problem with messing around like this thread was. The only thing I am trying to figure out is why a good portion of ďthe higher upsĒ donít like the sport to the point that any thread ever posted with the word drift in it gets poked at. The answer seems to be always coming back to the ďsend itĒ kids. Itís just crazy that we for the most part are all knowledgeable people and do not act like this, yet weíre getting categorized in with those kids. Iím not trying to lecture anyone, sorry. Itís starting to get like that, so Iím going to unsubscribe from this thread. Iím just stubborn and feel the need to comment back when someone posts something.

Originally Posted by hector View Post
Tylerkun, let me preface this by saying that I have nothing against drifting or the stance crowd. Matter of fact, I'd likely be doing the same thing if I were a millenial. But allow me to share my age and pseudo wisdom with you. Many moons ago when I was a very young man, my much older second cousin shared this story with me:
There once was a little bird who...
...Keep chirping, you are about to get eaten.
It's a great story!
I really have no care if you do or do not like the sport. I have no faults with anyone if they don't like it either. I'm not trying to convert anyone, nor am I trying to be an *** about anything. My original intentions were to post a response, mostly in jest, about how it was odd that a thread involving a handful of friendly dudes connecting and reliving the past was poked at again (they all sound significantly older as well which I find funny because this is a "millennial sport")
Again, I'm not offended, I don't care what we do or don't like here as a whole, and at the end of the day this is the best Miata forum for information. I'm simply here because because I keep getting emails about it. I'm stubborn and feel the need to reply back, so I'm unsubscribing to hopefully let it go.

Originally Posted by Joker View Post
I'm not a hater, but if I have one more kid come up to me and ask if I "whip it" , I will have no choice but seppuku. No - I literally built my car not to slide.

Damn skid racers...
I very much agree. As someone who also deals with this, I think a good majority of those people are the same ones that would yell at a Scion xB to "whip it" or "swing it" or whatever the hell it is. These people aren't car enthusiasts and have no idea what they are talking about in respect to our hobby. It's that Saturday night meet crowd that has unfortunately given all those that enjoy it a bad name.
tylerkun is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 04:12 PM
  #58  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 4,932
Total Cats: 317
Default

Can everybody stop saying snowflake? Its super cringey.
Full_Tilt_Boogie is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 04:17 PM
  #59  
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 283
Total Cats: 29
Default

"Swing-it" that's what I was looking for.
Joker is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 04:19 PM
  #60  
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,343
Total Cats: 127
Default

Originally Posted by Full_Tilt_Boogie View Post
Can everybody stop saying snowflake? Its super cringey.
Using cringey unironically is really cringey.
z31maniac is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.