Evacuate, evacuate immediately! - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default Evacuate, evacuate immediately!

Still ridiculously pissed, but got talked into posting this against my better judgement by Saml04. Eff you Sam, but whatever.

The area I'm in just got a level 2 evacuation notice due to forest fires. My area handles it as level 1 is a warning, level 2 is advance notice to be ready to evacuate, and level 3 is evacuate immediately.

Here's pictures from this afternoon of where I live. That's not fog. That's smoke. Visibility is realistically a few hundred yards in the afternoon here - I'm heading across the state to my apartment over there tomorrow.

Nice one-two punch after that post of recockulous douchebaggery involving a dead friend on here last night, let me tell you.
Attached Thumbnails
Evacuate, evacuate immediately!-2012-09-14-15.04.54.jpg   Evacuate, evacuate immediately!-2012-09-14-15.05.35.jpg  
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
Junior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 277
Total Cats: 24
Default

You told Cordy to die in a fire...
RussellT94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,780
Total Cats: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
Still ridiculously pissed, but got talked into posting this against my better judgement by Saml04. Eff you Sam, but whatever.

The area I'm in just got a level 2 evacuation notice due to forest fires. My area handles it as level 1 is a warning, level 2 is advance notice to be ready to evacuate, and level 3 is evacuate immediately.

Here's pictures from this afternoon of where I live. That's not fog. That's smoke. Visibility is realistically a few hundred yards in the afternoon here - I'm heading across the state to my apartment over there tomorrow.

Nice one-two punch after that post of recockulous douchebaggery involving a dead friend on here last night, let me tell you.
Hopefully the forest fire burns down your shitty ISP.
shuiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #4
Junior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 277
Total Cats: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
Nice one-two punch after that post of recockulous douchebaggery involving a dead friend on here last night, let me tell you.
Why do you care what someone you've never met says on the internet in response to your "political" posts? I don't know if the posts were edited, but from what I saw today, you are blowing this way out of proportion.

Attached Thumbnails
Evacuate, evacuate immediately!-frankie-say-relax.jpg  
RussellT94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #5
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: AL
Posts: 233
Total Cats: 10
Default

Am I the only one who thought this would be another thread about hustlers anus?
mellowout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

Bleen I will pay you $20 for you to go to a strip club

Gather up three strippers.

Ask each of them to compete against one another

Their goal is to slap you as hard as possible

Whomever hits the hardest gets $20.

Go!

This is what I did last night.

Can't say it is better than fire rape
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,040
Total Cats: 407
Default

it's totally ok to be angry.

and it's ok to hate an *******.
(whether they make offensive movies or are a dick to you personally)

but you gotta remember why you're angry and who you're angry at.

because if you don't, you'll make yourself miserable
and you'll take it out on innocent bystanders and your friends.

whether its this forum
or a whole country.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
it's totally ok to be angry.

and it's ok to hate an *******.
(whether they make offensive movies or are a dick to you personally)

but you gotta remember why you're angry and who you're angry at.

because if you don't, you'll make yourself miserable
and you'll take it out on innocent bystanders and your friends.

whether its this forum
or a whole country.

Which forum member influenced you to format your posts as if they were a long form poem?

I think it was one of the noobs who hit return after every single period.
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,040
Total Cats: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeflora View Post
Which forum member influenced you to format your posts as if they were a long form poem?

I think it was one of the noobs who hit return after every single period.
eat

a dick.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Latest update: Made it to apartment, spent some time there, came back for a final load I have to take to said apartment. The air where I am can be so bad, I have to actually wear a respirator for any kind of prolonged outside activity. This **** is terrible, not even Mount Saint Helens was this bad up here. I can't tell if I believe or disbelieve what the news is saying at this point - supposedly, weather is supposed to be making things worse, but I just don't see it. I actually saw a little bit of blue sky for a few hours today instead of the standard terrible grey fog 24/7 today, although my lungs based on the criteria of "What makes Blaen feel like total ****" seem to agree with the news people.

Fae: Your well wishes are very appreciated. Between having a friend die in the situation he did, and being told that there was a high chance of my home literally burning down, these past few days have been difficult for me. A strip club just isn't in the cards I fear, however. Nonetheless, I can't tell you how much I do appreciate the good intentions. The banter between you and y8s gave me a sorely needed laugh, humor has been sadly absent over these past few days.

Y8s: I have had a lot of time to think these past few days, and it was very, very worthwhile. It has given me a great deal of time to think, and to get over what happened. It was very worthwhile for me.

However, I do have an issue with what you imply in your post. Just because I disagree with someone does not mean I hate them (Actually, it's the inverse: Typically, I only argue and verbally disagree with people I respect. If I have no respect for you, I actively try to not interact with you the best I can.). Just because I'm very angry with someone does not mean I hate them. This is a recent event that seems to have started right around early '09 that completely baffles me about this country. For some reason just because you disagree with someone, or because someone makes you angry, it apparently means you hate them. I've seen people proudly proclaim "I HATE X!", where X is a political figure, or an actor, or a supporter of a particular cause they disagree with, or dozens of other things, just because they disagree with them on that one point. This completely escapes me. If someone's criteria for not hating means "You have to agree with me on all of the major points I think!", well, that's going to be an awful lot of people you hate - in fact, I'd wager that it would be about half of society you'd hate, of which the vast majority you've never met, interacted with, or know about. This is closely tied to my beliefs about personal attacks on someone. I do not believe you should personally attack someone, ever. Under any circumstance. You can attack what they say or what they do, but personally attacking someone is never acceptable. I bear no small amount of regret about a personal attack I made during the height of my grief, and for that personal attack I do apologize. It goes against everything that I believe to do something like that.

With that said, in the entire debacle around this film, it really helped me to come to realize something. I don't hate people - there may have been times where I have said I hate them, but I don't hate them. I hate their actions, what they do, and what they say - but I don't hate them. I may get very angry at people, and say things I don't mean, but I still don't hate them. In this entire scenario, and for that matter my entire time here, I don't bear any hatred or even any ill will to anyone on this forum. Of what happened, I only bear ill will towards one person - the person who created the video.

I have had a lot of time to think, to research, and to realize what happened while trying to overcome the grief and figure out what happened in Libya over these past few days. The more factual information I get, the more I am completely convinced only one person could have prevented the events - that is the person who released the video. Now, in releasing it, he not only did this knowing full well and had full intent of causing to happen what he knew would happen, but he also violated his parole in doing so. His actions were evil, and I cannot begin to express how much I hate the actions he took, but I still cannot bring myself to hate him. He lied to his actors, to his staff, he created a fake script and redubbed numerous lines, he lied and made people who had no idea what he was doing major targets of extremists. His actions got a friend of mine killed, caused the death of a US ambassador, and caused many problems for the US as a whole. I do bear him a great deal of ill will and I truly hope he gets the proper consequences for his actions, whatever they may be, but I cannot bring myself to hate even him. I can't even bring myself to advocate violence or advocate for anything against him beyond saying he should be charged and tried in a court of law for what he did in a fair trial.

However, that does not change the fact I am still very angry with some people - some on the forum, and some not on the forum. I do not hate them, and I do not hold any ill will towards them, but I am still very angry with them. You had people while my friend's body was still warm willfully manipulating, twisting, warping, and even making up facts completely about the incidence to try to politicize his death in a narrative that suited their own political ends and political ends that were the complete opposite of what he worked his entire life to achieve. This politicization of his death was completely against what he stood for, what he did in life, and what he tried to achieve. It was a grave insult to his memory, here is something I dug up recently that best expresses it - Vilerat comments on Should YOU join Dreddit? A cynical view. (full version) - and it should illustrate what I am getting at now. You have to understand that what people were trying to do in willfully twisting his death was a complete insult to the memory of the friend that I knew. Not only this, but they were engaging in it before his corpse was even cold.

That final part is what really, really makes me angry. I have never before seen such disgraceful and disgusting actions taken by anyone in my life. Even during 9/11, people realized they needed to give the family and friends of the victims time to grieve before politicizing the deaths like what happened with Libya. To say what was said, when it was said was completely lacking in basic human decency for the family and friends of those that died. To say such things while his corpse was still warm, before people even had a chance to start grieving was so unbelievably over the top that it still shocks me to the core. It doesn't matter what your political beliefs are, it's a question of respect for the dead, and respect for the family and friends of the dead. A respect that I thought was deeply engrained into the American psyche and a respect that had been reinforced into me throughout the events during both the Clinton and Bush administration, and a respect that I very quickly found out apparently does not exist now - I had to go complete shut in for several days to escape the bullshit surrounding it. To say those things that were said while family and friends were still finding out about what happened, to say those things when the corpses were still warm shows such an unbelievable amount of disrespect to those who lost someone I have trouble expressing how completely disgraceful and disrespectful that I find it. To lose family or friends and to have people say things that were said that completely disrespects their memory and contradicts everything that they worked to achieve in life...that hurt. That hurt a lot, that hurt far more than I had ever believed someone could say on an internet forum composed of faceless people. Some of the things I heard said about my friend or that they tried to use my friend for, within 48 hours of his death, I can only compare to spitting or even defacating on the grave of the person I knew. I cannot even begin to imagine what his close friends or family went through during this time.

This even further extended to behavior I saw on this forum that shocked the hell out of me. As an example, my props stalker who I have made it repeatedly quite clear that I do not wish to speak to, or otherwise interact in any shape or form tried to use said friend's death to antagonize me as soon as they found out about it. That behavior is unbelievably disgusting. I knew he was being a little ***** about the props and trying to get under my skin, well enough. Sure, he can harass me in posts, I can deal. But that went over the ******* line. Hell, look at the **** Russel posted in this very thread. Nothing in the world justifies antagonizing someone who had just lost a friend, and to do this when I had just been told there was a strong chance of my home burning down as well? I cannot begin to express just how much this disgusts me. This behavior is not merely disrespectful, it is disgraceful and disgusting. It is the behavior I would expect out of children who do not know any better, not supposedly functioning adults who have Real Jobs in Real Society.

With that said, I have made quite a few surprising decisions. Originally, I was going to donate (and cap it, at that) to Obama due to what Romney said, but after seeing what is happening with the forest fires here...I'm going to be donating everything I can afford to donate, and a bit more (I can handle Ramen a few nights a week, it's worth it) to the surviving families as well as local charities for people who have lost homes to the forest fire. I've also decided to donate any of my betting profits over the next 2 months to the same charities, and if Obama wins the election, I'm donating everything I have on him to the surviving families (Not profits, the entire bet and winnings). I've also decided to quit my political betting for at least a time, I don't know how long or if I'll even go back to it. Finally, I'll be doing a lot of volunteer work up untill the day my master's program starts. I may have lost a friend, and my home may have been in danger at one point, but that's very little compared to what some people have lost in the past couple days - whether this be locals to the forest fire, or family of the slain in Libya.

Anyways, that's just an update from this end. I'm certain I went major TLDR on people, and I'll only see one or two people read it, but it really is something I needed to get off my chest. I also don't have time right now to make PMs or emails to every relevant person except for one PM, as I need to grab a shower and GTFO for some volunteer work.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
eat

a dick.
Look. Don't be mad at me just because you read too much Richard Bach.
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #12
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

And gawf dam Bleen you have followed my example and are using mt for therapy session.

Sorry though, genuinely. To hear that your shiz is majorly fuckked.

How old are you? 30s?
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:57 AM   #13
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeflora View Post
And gawf dam Bleen you have followed my example and are using mt for therapy session.

Sorry though, genuinely. To hear that your shiz is majorly fuckked.

How old are you? 30s?
<3 Faefae. Doing as much volunteer work as I did today helped my perspective a lot.

It doesn't change my feelings on anything granted, but it did put a lot of things in perspective. I mean, I have a home that is (currently) standing. It's not burned to the ground. I still have my finances intact, and hell, I (sort of, so long as I'm wearing a respirator) have my health.

And yet, I saw a lady today berate the hell out of two people in a poor situation. They had kids, and between the fires and the economy, fell on really hard times lately, and had to go on food stamps and whatnot.

Hearing someone berate people about how they shouldn't have had kids in the first place and they were terrible people for needing help really got to me. I actually raised my voice in public which isn't really something I do...

Anyways, just about to shower and hit the sack after I send one PM, volunteer work really takes a lot out of me. My previous job really did isolate me, I didn't realize how much some people were hurting in my local area. I didn't even have a hint, it really kept the blinders on because I had assumed that just because I went into the right field, at the right time, with the right background, and was willing to work moderately hard, anyone else could do it. They had to just be lazy or some crap if they had long-term problems finding work or some crap - but I saw today that I was completely and utterly wrong about that.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:19 AM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Tl;dr you gay
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:57 AM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,868
Total Cats: 66
Default

What


The


Hell



Just



Happened?
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #16
Elite Member
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,689
Total Cats: 561
Default

Someone is getting her panties in a bunch and crying about it. Drama queen.
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #17
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,910
Total Cats: 1,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
What


The


Hell



Just



Happened?
cliffs:

He knows one of the four Americans whom died in the Liyba embassy attack. Therefore he's allowed to be the end-all when it comes to the discussion. He got pissed when some members (including myself) have been discussing it, and since he has somewhat of a personal link to the incident, he's decided he's allowed to use the "my friend died so you're wrong" argument. When things didn't go in his favor, he got upset and asked me to ban him from the site for a while, which I didn't, then the fire came as God was smiting him for being so rash.

And now he wrote a long post with a bunch of bolded words for emphasis.

And he apparently still thinks the "video" had ANYTHING to do with his friends death. (i just started reading).
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #18
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Maybe homeboy will now realize life is short and talk to a girl for once
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #19
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,910
Total Cats: 1,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
Maybe homeboy will now realize life is short and talk to a girl for once

+1 props. no I'm not stalking you, this just happens to deserve a +1

...kinda like how one's posts could be deserving of -1, and they get recieved in a fitting manner from mulitple members on a purely random basis.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #20
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

I need more negative proops
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 59 12-15-2017 09:00 PM
What to do about scored cam journals? Joe Perez Engine Performance 12 09-01-2015 11:16 PM
Crankcase Evacuation Big Boy Engine Performance 16 09-23-2008 06:11 PM
My AC Repair Plan Miatamaniac92 General Miata Chat 17 09-14-2008 03:56 PM
jealous of your engine bays turbobluemiata General Miata Chat 46 05-12-2008 05:12 PM


Tags
joe perez

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 PM.