Handicapped plates on a motorcycle? - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #41
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

I'm going to throw in my

Growing up in Jacksonville, NC (Camp Lejeune), as the son of a Marine gives me a unique perspective. My parents divorced so I have seen the inside, and the solely civilian side of the military environment.

Camp Lejuene is where the new recruits fresh out of basic are sent for further training. Invincible and ready to take on the world!

Wow, was that really a fair statement? Not at all. Most people only see the few ******** out in town that want to start fights, cause trouble, or sleep with your GF. This is a very small % of the military population. Please do not cast judgement over the entire military population because your experience with a small percentage was shitty.

Despite what you think, these are the individuals that make it so you don't have to worry about a plane flying through your workplace, or a bomb going off at the mall. Problems in the rest of the world will have an impact here, if they are not kept under control.

Instead of calling the guy with a DV plate on his motor cycle or sports car a douchebag ***. Why not buy him a beer and ask him what happened? You might find that their are few less ******** around.
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:37 PM   #42
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

turbo 4 you are a ******* idiot man.
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:21 PM   #43
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 100
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_4 View Post
These aren't a bunch of highschool drop outs, people whose last choice was to either be military or jail, or people that were either going to keep living in Grandma's trailer or get out.
Sour grapes because they turned you down?
ZZZYZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #44
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp0623 View Post
Instead of calling the guy with a DV plate on his motor cycle or sports car a douchebag ***. Why not buy him a beer and ask him what happened? You might find that their are few less ******** around.
A - ******* - men, I've found myself on a few occasions sending a beer to a guy sitting at the bar with a "Vietnam Veteran" hat or "Operation Iraqi Freedom" shirt on. 95% of the military are stand up guys, the rest **** it up for us, but you shouldn't let them.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #45
I EAT CUM
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Redneck, Texas
Posts: 1,218
Total Cats: -1
Default

Well if I talk so much **** about Ft.****, Texas...that must be where I am dip ****. No, I'm sorry...I just read about the place in a magazine and decided to start talking ****.

If you've never been here then opening your mouth is pointless. Yeah, it is the largest military installation in the world. It also has one of the highest crime rates per capita.

This town is built on titty bars, clubs, car lots, and more strip joints. That really sounds like they are catering to the intellect that the Ft.Hood houses. I mean come on.

Take one weekend here and don't tell me you wouldn't feel like your IQ just fell 20 points. This town is full of a bunch of roid raged, lower education, morons. I mean HEY...look at me!!! I just got back from serving my country and have a 20k enlisting bonus now...What should I do with it? How about drop the whole lot on a AMG Mercedes...yeah!

This town is dirt. Spending the last 4 years here makes me ashamed of the type of people going and fighting for America. I have nothing against other ranks for the armed forces...The infantry just takes the gold on this one. It is like janitorial service, someone has to do it...doesn't mean you need a Masters for it though.
Turbo_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #46
I EAT CUM
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Redneck, Texas
Posts: 1,218
Total Cats: -1
Default

And also, I'm not making fun of a person with a DV plate. I'm saying there is no point to it. PTSD gets you a DV plate. My friends Dad broke his left leg at one point in time and broke a collar bone at one point in time and was eligible for a DV plate.

My friend who went to Afgan for a little under 3 weeks and had a crazy panic attack can get a DV plate.
Turbo_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #47
I EAT CUM
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Redneck, Texas
Posts: 1,218
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPLAFIN View Post
A - ******* - men, I've found myself on a few occasions sending a beer to a guy sitting at the bar with a "Vietnam Veteran" hat or "Operation Iraqi Freedom" shirt on. 95% of the military are stand up guys, the rest **** it up for us, but you shouldn't let them.

I have tons of military friends who I've bought beers or said "thanks" but every single of one of them has gone to the middle east, gotten fucked up, and now come home to **** jobs. There isn't a lot after the army...you are kind of stuck with "...now what."
Turbo_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:38 PM   #48
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

You're an idiot turbo_4, I give up. Have fun hating America.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #49
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

The dense is strong with you.
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #50
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SA,TX
Posts: 248
Total Cats: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp0623 View Post
I'm going to throw in my

Growing up in Jacksonville, NC (Camp Lejeune), as the son of a Marine gives me a unique perspective. My parents divorced so I have seen the inside, and the solely civilian side of the military environment.

Camp Lejuene is where the new recruits fresh out of basic are sent for further training. Invincible and ready to take on the world!

Wow, was that really a fair statement? Not at all. Most people only see the few ******** out in town that want to start fights, cause trouble, or sleep with your GF. This is a very small % of the military population. Please do not cast judgement over the entire military population because your experience with a small percentage was shitty.

Despite what you think, these are the individuals that make it so you don't have to worry about a plane flying through your workplace, or a bomb going off at the mall. Problems in the rest of the world will have an impact here, if they are not kept under control.

Instead of calling the guy with a DV plate on his motor cycle or sports car a douchebag ***. Why not buy him a beer and ask him what happened? You might find that their are few less ******** around.


After being stationed in good ol J-action-ville I can honestly say you have an amazingly positive outlook on that town. That's really surprising to see but very nice.


Turbo 4 my biggest benefit out of having DV plates is that I pay $3 every year to renew my registration instead of the usual amount. Yeah it doesn't get me better parking, although maybe it should, but that's not the point. I voluntarily signed that dotted line but that doesn't mean I have to not accept the benefits I have earned, DV plates being the smallest.
NastyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:19 PM   #51
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,132
Total Cats: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotomile View Post
BTW - I'm noting that you directed your reply toward fooger and not the military members in the thread who are calling you out more aggressively. Coward.
Fooger03 = Active Duty 21B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_4 View Post
Well if I talk so much **** about Ft.****, Texas...that must be where I am dip ****. No, I'm sorry...I just read about the place in a magazine and decided to start talking ****.

If you've never been here then opening your mouth is pointless. Yeah, it is the largest military installation in the world. It also has one of the highest crime rates per capita.

This town is built on titty bars, clubs, car lots, and more strip joints. That really sounds like they are catering to the intellect that the Ft.Hood houses. I mean come on.

Take one weekend here and don't tell me you wouldn't feel like your IQ just fell 20 points. This town is full of a bunch of roid raged, lower education, morons. I mean HEY...look at me!!! I just got back from serving my country and have a 20k enlisting bonus now...What should I do with it? How about drop the whole lot on a AMG Mercedes...yeah!

This town is dirt. Spending the last 4 years here makes me ashamed of the type of people going and fighting for America. I have nothing against other ranks for the armed forces...The infantry just takes the gold on this one. It is like janitorial service, someone has to do it...doesn't mean you need a Masters for it though.
My brother in-law is stationed at Hood with my sister my nieces...what are you trying to say?
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #52
I EAT CUM
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Redneck, Texas
Posts: 1,218
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
Fooger03 = Active Duty 21B



My brother in-law is stationed at Hood with my sister my nieces...what are you trying to say?

Reading pwns you
Turbo_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:13 AM   #53
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,132
Total Cats: 187
Default

When you insult your government and your military, I'm not going to get in your way. I'm here to protect your right to insult me, and for that, you are welcome.

Now, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:09 AM   #54
I EAT CUM
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Redneck, Texas
Posts: 1,218
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
When you insult your government and your military, I'm not going to get in your way. I'm here to protect your right to insult me, and for that, you are welcome.

Now, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Nope...no insulting of government....or really the military...just the people at hood.
Turbo_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #55
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
Fooger03 = Active Duty 21B
I stand corrected, thank you.
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
My solution for Oiltemp and Oilpressure input into Megasuirt (MS3) Zaphod MEGAsquirt 41 01-24-2016 01:25 PM
Replacement clutch disc for FM1, or something else altogether? matthewdesigns Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-10-2015 03:07 AM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Auto Engine into Manual Car Wino General Miata Chat 0 09-23-2015 09:35 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:40 AM.