Heath Ledger - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Loki047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,145
Total Cats: 0
Default Heath Ledger

Heath Ledger died. What the **** am i going to do with 10,000 "heath ledger is for lovers" t shirts?
Loki047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:52 AM   #2
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

add butt before lovers, sell on ebay to grieving gays.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
Elite Member
iTrader: (39)
 
Zabac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: High Point NC
Posts: 4,854
Total Cats: 8
Default

ebay
Zabac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Round Pond, ME
Posts: 711
Total Cats: 18
Default

And people wonder why I love this forum.....
xturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

I honestly do not give a flying **** about Heath. But I hope it doesn't **** up the opening of the new Batman movie. It looks bad ***.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Loki047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,145
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
But I hope it doesn't **** up the opening of the new Batman movie. It looks bad ***.
First thing that came to mind. I think one of the olsens killed him
Loki047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:53 PM   #7
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I honestly do not give a flying **** about Heath. But I hope it doesn't **** up the opening of the new Batman movie. It looks bad ***.

You know, you could do the respectful thing and just Google the name, or head over to imdb.com and look.

Heath will be seen this summer in the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight. He plays the part of the Joker. Sadly, he'll probably be infamous for the role (love it or hate it), yet won't be around to reprise it. I've seen footage from the movie, and I'm looking forward to it.

This was a shocker. From what I've read so far, they're not sure if this was a suicide or an accidental overdose of sleeping pills. That he was naked in bed isn't really a big deal; I'm sure you've all slept naked in bed at some point in life. Why is everyone so quick to fire off nasty judgemental remarks?

Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:56 PM   #8
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Loki047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,145
Total Cats: 0
Default

I sleep naked everday. WTF are people saying about naked?
Loki047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #9
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki047 View Post
I sleep naked everday. WTF are people saying about naked?
Ledger was hardly a spoiled brat. He eschewed the partying, drunken, drug fueled Hollywood scene to remain in NY, living in a tight neighborhood, content being the friendly celebrity neighbor. He largely took roles that would challenge him, not roles that would bring him fame, fortune, and notoriety. He stayed out of the limelight, and stayed close to his family (Michelle Williams and their daughter, Matilda). Even when he and Michelle broke up, he opted to stay in NY and close to his daughter.

While I'll certainly agree that society has far too much of an interest in the lives of celebrities, I also think it's sad that people feel the need to hurl vitriolic remarks out there about people they didn't even know, based on no solid information whatsoever.

I'm trying to keep this thread on topic and respectful, and maintain a level of decency. This is, afterall, the death of someone's father, son, friend, and loved one. Posts like yours don't help.

This is the final warning for this thread. If you guys want to start a separate thread on how you feel young actors/actresses are spoiled brats who do whatever they want, then go do so. Let's at least show some semblance of courtesy and keep this one free of such remarks, shall we?
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I honestly do not give a flying **** about Heath. But I hope it doesn't **** up the opening of the new Batman movie. It looks bad ***.
!!!!
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:06 PM   #11
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
You know, you could do the respectful thing and just Google the name, or head over to imdb.com and look.

Heath will be seen this summer in the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight. He plays the part of the Joker. Sadly, he'll probably be infamous for the role (love it or hate it), yet won't be around to reprise it. I've seen footage from the movie, and I'm looking forward to it.

This was a shocker. From what I've read so far, they're not sure if this was a suicide or an accidental overdose of sleeping pills. That he was naked in bed isn't really a big deal; I'm sure you've all slept naked in bed at some point in life. Why is everyone so quick to fire off nasty judgemental remarks?

Did you get sand in your 'gina today? Did you read what I wrote? Dark Knight isn't a fully done movie yet, so if a star (for whatever reason) becomes unavailable, then it can tank the whole production.

I still don't give a **** about the guy. He's a douchebag for taking all those pills, if his death was intentional or not.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #12
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I still don't give a **** about the guy. He's a douchebag for taking all those pills, if his death was intentional or not.
I feel sad that a young life (he was 28) is snuff. You can not jump into conclusion. People said he does not party nor do drugs and have a daughter. His parents says it must be an accident. He was suffering with pneumonia on the day he died. He just went to bed and never woke up. His parents said it is an accident. The autopsy may reveal what he died of.

I know of some young people in the prime of health who die of heart attack. Their heart and body are very healthy but they suffer some arterial spasm, cause unknown, that causes severe heart attack and death.

We first saw him in the movie Knights Tale and my wife like him a lot. I think he is from Australia. Very promising. Very sad.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:15 PM   #13
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Do you think he would care if one of us died accidently in our bad? No! While I agree he cant be compared to most other young "celebrities". He seemed to have been one of the more normal ones, and its sad that it happened so young, but if someone told him so an so from Miataturbo.net died he would think about it for maybe a second. Why would i care that he died? He did nothing for me or my family but provide some movie entertainment.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #14
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levnubhin View Post
Do you think he would care if one of us died accidently in our bad? No! While I agree he cant be compared to most other young "celebrities". He seemed to have been one of the more normal ones, and its sad that it happened so young, but if someone told him so an so from Miataturbo.net died he would think about it for maybe a second. Why would i care that he died? He did nothing for me or my family but provide some movie entertainment.
This is one death (which I find to my surprise) that I am somewhat shocked and saddend at. Had it been Britney, Paris, or some other vacant life form, I don't think I would have cared much more than one bit. And I have to admit that when I caught A Knights Tale on a movie network, I didn't think Ledger had much to offer the acting world. I wasn't impressed with anything else I saw him in until his small role in Monsters Ball. I was really surprised that he would take the role of such a troubled person based on the admittedly limited roles I've seen him portray in the past.

I know a lot of people had a problem with the subject matter and continue to be unable to wrap their brains around Brokeback Mountain, but his performance in that movie shocked me to no end. I would never have predicted that he could pull off a role like that. I thought I witnessed the best performance of the year, maybe in many years, when I left the theater that day. I wonder how many actors would have turned down that role, due to their professional and possibly personal insecurities?
Anyway, I applauded his ability after that, and his ability to lead a relatively low-key life, i.e., he didn't seem to need the spotlight to be shown on him and he didn't need to go jumping on Oprah's couch like a much lesser talent has done.

If it was drugs that did him in, then I wish he would have been wiser. If it was natural causes, I hope he enjoyed his life.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #15
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Loki047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,145
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
Ledger was hardly a spoiled brat. He eschewed the partying, drunken, drug fueled Hollywood scene to remain in NY, living in a tight neighborhood, content being the friendly celebrity neighbor. He largely took roles that would challenge him, not roles that would bring him fame, fortune, and notoriety. He stayed out of the limelight, and stayed close to his family (Michelle Williams and their daughter, Matilda). Even when he and Michelle broke up, he opted to stay in NY and close to his daughter.

While I'll certainly agree that society has far too much of an interest in the lives of celebrities, I also think it's sad that people feel the need to hurl vitriolic remarks out there about people they didn't even know, based on no solid information whatsoever.

I'm trying to keep this thread on topic and respectful, and maintain a level of decency. This is, afterall, the death of someone's father, son, friend, and loved one. Posts like yours don't help.

This is the final warning for this thread. If you guys want to start a separate thread on how you feel young actors/actresses are spoiled brats who do whatever they want, then go do so. Let's at least show some semblance of courtesy and keep this one free of such remarks, shall we?
I have no idea what you are talking about. I like him as an actor, brokeback was good so was 10 things i hate about you.

But WTF did i say to disgrace the man? Was the opening post a little off color yes, but replace that with any person who died and its funny.
Loki047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #16
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki047 View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about. I like him as an actor, brokeback was good so was 10 things i hate about you.

But WTF did i say to disgrace the man? Was the opening post a little off color yes, but replace that with any person who died and its funny.


http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=265686

:fm:
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:20 PM   #17
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Loki047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,145
Total Cats: 0
Default

Hahah definitly did not get that. Nicely done
Loki047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #18
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki047 View Post
Hahah definitly did not get that. Nicely done

cut and paste is fun.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #19
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

The only sad part about this is that after a few days it will be old news. When that POS Anna Nicole died we heard about it for months and months.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:30 PM   #20
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Your to much Brain.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My first summer home improvement project fooger03 Insert BS here 22 11-13-2013 04:09 PM
Pouring a grade beam. Engineers and concrete guys unite! fooger03 Insert BS here 13 04-10-2013 10:04 AM
Interesting article on Bitcoin (the virtual currency) JasonC SBB Current Events, News, Politics 1 11-25-2012 05:45 PM
The Dark Knight ZX-Tex Insert BS here 17 07-29-2008 01:09 AM
You Complete Me.... Miatamaniac92 Insert BS here 9 07-23-2008 12:29 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 AM.