how ignorant are people?? - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2009, 02:52 AM   #1
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: where most people are Utarded
Posts: 1,323
Total Cats: 0
Default how ignorant are people??

It's pretty sad when American "adults" don't even know the proper use of "should have" or "would have/would've". Who the heck started this pathetic use of "should of" and "would of"? Is it the schools or are people really just that freaking retarded??!! I know immigrants that are more intelligent. Okay, rant off.
zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:02 AM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southlake,Texas
Posts: 3,251
Total Cats: 17
Default

Your ignorant for not capatilizing the thread title.
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:05 AM   #3
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 1,990
Total Cats: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomin View Post
It's pretty sad when American "adults" don't even know the proper use of "should have" or "would have/would've". Who the heck started this pathetic use of "should of" and "would of"? Is it the schools or are people really just that freaking retarded??!! I know immigrants that are more intelligent. Okay, rant off.
So you're insinuating that immigrants are stupid. What correlation is there w/ being an immigrant and lack of intelligence?

How ironic this thread is.
kenzo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:10 AM   #4
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: where most people are Utarded
Posts: 1,323
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo42 View Post
So you're insinuating that immigrants are stupid. What correlation is there w/ being an immigrant and lack of intelligence?

How ironic this thread is.
Actually, I was implying that I know immigrants who have a better grasp on the English language than some "Americans" choose to exhibit. That would be insinuating they are more intelligent, not stupid. Did you even read and comprehend correctly?
zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:18 AM   #5
Cpt. Slow
iTrader: (25)
 
curly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 12,109
Total Cats: 518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
Your ignorant for not capatilizing the thread title.
Yes, YOU'RE ignorant for not CAPITALIZING the thread title.

I've been both surprised and saddened when firefox or word puts a red line under a word I type. Mistakes happen, but I consider myself a decent speller and would like to keep that opinion of myself.

Let's not get into a pissing contest, it was stated that this was a rant kenzo42, so don't get too mad, and zoomin, if the rant is indeed off, don't insult him.
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:34 AM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 1,990
Total Cats: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomin View Post
Actually, I was implying that I know immigrants who have a better grasp on the English language than some "Americans" choose to exhibit. That would be insinuating they are more intelligent, not stupid. Did you even read and comprehend correctly?
First of all, quotes aren't used for emphasis, so go back to school.
Secondly, b/c an immigrant has better grammar over a native speaker doesn't necessarily mean he/she is more intelligent. Education more than likely dictates this.

Regardless, this is a stupid thread.

Last edited by kenzo42; 10-03-2009 at 05:33 AM.
kenzo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:40 AM   #7
Cpt. Slow
iTrader: (25)
 
curly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 12,109
Total Cats: 518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo42 View Post
this is a stupid thread.
Forget what I said, this is what I wanna say.
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:46 AM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 1,990
Total Cats: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly View Post
Forget what I said, this is what I wanna say.
Lol. Agreed.

No more from me.
kenzo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:47 AM   #9
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

Have we run out of things to be bitchy about? Grammar? Really?
jayc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:29 AM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 2,084
Total Cats: 0
Default

well grammar is an outward projection of one's intelligence, so yes I would say intelligence dictates a proper use of grammar
mazda/nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:36 AM   #11
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,980
Total Cats: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda/nissan View Post
well grammar is an outward projection of one's intelligence, so yes I would say intelligence dictates a proper use of grammar
Grammar is an outward projection of one's intelligence. I say intelligence dictates a proper use of grammar.



I misspell ****, cuss all the time, and end sentences with prepositions. I'm also smart as hell but don't think I need to act a certain way in order to please people. If they can't handle it they can kiss my ***. People should be judged on their actions (how they treat others, etc) not how they talk or write. We have a holier than thou type at work that raised hell the other day when someone said "Holy ****". Come on, did it really hurt anyone to say that? She spent the rest of the day giving people the evil eye and moping. IMHO, her actions where 1000x worse than someone uttering that phrase. People need to get back to what is important. Just my $.02

FWIW, I don't think I have ever seen anyone write "would of". It sounds like it when they are saying "would've" but I am not sure I have seen it written in that way. In any event, it doesn't bother me in the least. THIS bothers me:

NRA-ILA :: Supreme Court to Hear Monumental Second Amendment Case: <I>McDonald</I> v. <I>Chicago</I>
rmcelwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:50 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 267
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda/nissan View Post
well grammar is an outward projection of one's intelligence, so yes I would say intelligence dictates a proper use of grammar

It is an outward projection of how well they use it, that's it. Now, a lack of capitalization, well, that demonstrates a small *****.
fahrvergnugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #13
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
nicacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SLC UT
Posts: 1,133
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrvergnugen View Post
It is an outward projection of how well they use it, that's it. Now, a lack of capitalization, well, that demonstrates a small *****.
IF THAT IS THE CASE I SHOULD ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS!

Just sayin..
nicacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #14
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcelwee View Post
Grammar is an outward projection of one's intelligence. I say intelligence dictates a proper use of grammar.



I misspell ****, cuss all the time, and end sentences with prepositions. I'm also smart as hell but don't think I need to act a certain way in order to please people. If they can't handle it they can kiss my ***. People should be judged on their actions (how they treat others, etc) not how they talk or write. We have a holier than thou type at work that raised hell the other day when someone said "Holy ****". Come on, did it really hurt anyone to say that? She spent the rest of the day giving people the evil eye and moping. IMHO, her actions where 1000x worse than someone uttering that phrase. People need to get back to what is important. Just my $.02

FWIW, I don't think I have ever seen anyone write "would of". It sounds like it when they are saying "would've" but I am not sure I have seen it written in that way. In any event, it doesn't bother me in the least. THIS bothers me:

NRA-ILA :: Supreme Court to Hear Monumental Second Amendment Case: <I>McDonald</I> v. <I>Chicago</I>
RM as usual we agree i would of been surprised if i did'nt not agree with you
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Posts: 5,684
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamx-5 View Post
RM as usual we agree; I would've been surprised if I didn't agree with you.
Fixed. Magna FTW!
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #16
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Posts: 3,908
Total Cats: 0
Default

How would you pronounce should've or would've if not as "should of" or "would of"? Contractions are accepted grammatically in the English language in both written and spoken forms. It's shoudda (sic) and wouldda (sic) that are incorrect usage.
cueball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #17
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,370
Total Cats: 1,332
Default

This thread are gonna bee a hunnypott..
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #18
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffon01 View Post
Fixed. Magna FTW!
I did that on purpose double negatives etc aren't the worst thing in the world man.
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:21 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 267
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicacus View Post
IF THAT IS THE CASE I SHOULD ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS!

Just sayin..

You don't drive an F450 with a 12" lift too, do you?
fahrvergnugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #20
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
nicacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SLC UT
Posts: 1,133
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrvergnugen View Post
You don't drive an F450 with a 12" lift too, do you?
Only on the weekends when I feel like taking your mom out
nicacus is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.8 TB/TPS for use with 1.6 wiring Elfering MEGAsquirt 17 12-16-2016 07:44 PM
Toyota Pickup Engine Swap B.S. Monk Build Threads 24 12-11-2016 03:21 PM
"Chimney Ethanol" E100 MiataGarage Engine Performance 5 09-30-2015 12:04 AM
open invitation to Mazda /Fozda meet Chicago area 10/3 Hot_Wheels Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 2 09-24-2015 03:43 PM
WTB parts for HPDE car Voltwings WTB 5 09-11-2015 09:23 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 AM.